Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BigRobsWeb.co.uk is a scam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BigRobsWeb.co.uk is a scam

Just a warning to everyone this host http://www.bigrobsweb.co.uk/ is a scam because they suspended my vps without giving a reason. I thought my vps was down until I saw the status of my vps saying "suspended" I submitted a ticket to ask what the reason was but they never replied for over a week now.

I went to check my vps product page saw the suspension reason indicating "Overdue on Payment" which doesn't make sense since I haven't even used the vps for a month yet. Normally a host should email you the reason of suspension and not ignoring your support tickets!

Here's a screenshot of the product page
And a screenshot showing support being ignored

You can also check their facebook page which show other users also experience the same problem as me https://www.facebook.com/bigrobsweb anyway I'm filing a complaint to paypal and hope I get my money back

Comments

• If they didnt enter a suspension reason, WHMCS puts that as default.

• @serverian said:
    If they didnt enter a suspension reason, WHMCS puts that as default.

Then that shows them they're lazy to put a reason and ignoring tickets

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I've sent a message to the guy in another forum where he's fairly active at, let's see.

• @Infinity said:
    I've sent a message to the guy in another forum where he's fairly active at, let's see.

What's the other forum?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

@Ruriko said:
    What's the other forum?

webhostchat.co.uk

Hope I don't get swooped over by 'the powers that be' for that.

Thanked by 1Kadar
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2013

@Ruriko Well that sucks, there should have been a warning, or at least a reason for the suspension, even if it was abuse from the client side. Maybe something went out of control, like for example hacked WHMCS or failed business.

Hopefully things will get sorted out.

Anyhow i guess it's not a big loss if it's a monthly payment, but still.

However, we'll not jump to conclusions right now, maybe a bit later, let's see how things turn out, let's see what the provider has to say.

PS: I forgot to ask, if it's not a secret, what have you been using the VPS for, i mean have You used the VPS for something that might have violated the ToS?

• I had a VPS with him too. No reply for 5'days, won at PayPal. I got a invoice earlier and when logged in it was no longer there safe to say he's done a runner.

• @Janevski said:
    Ruriko Well that sucks, there should have been a warning, or at least a reason for the suspension, even if it was abuse from the client side. Maybe something went out of control, like for example hacked WHMCS or failed business.

Hopefully things will get sorted out.

Anyhow i guess it's not a big loss if it's a monthly payment, but still.

However, we'll not jump to conclusions right now, maybe a bit later, let's see how things turn out, let's see what the provider has to say.

PS: I forgot to ask, if it's not a secret, what have you been using the VPS for, i mean have You used the VPS for something that might have violated the ToS?

I've only been using the vps to download pictures. If the host was hacked they should at least emailed an explanation

• Is it already 2014 now?

• @Infinity said:
    Hope I don't get swooped over by 'the powers that be' for that.

I'm sure as it was posted to help a fellow LETer, it will be overlooked... hopefully.

@Ruriko what are using it for? I only ask because you have a lot of usage on there (350GB~). I suspect they have oversold you on a unlimited BW plan and shadily suspended you for high usage.

• @OkieDoke If 350gb bandwidth is high then they are falsely advertising unmetered bandwidth because no where on their site indicate limitations for unmetered bandwidth. Besides it doesn't explain why they're ignoring my ticket and I'm not the only user who had their vps suspended with no reason

• @Ruriko said:
    OkieDoke If 350gb bandwidth is high then they are falsely advertising unmetered bandwidth because no where on their site indicate limitations for unmetered bandwidth. Besides it doesn't explain why they're ignoring my ticket and I'm not the only user who had their vps suspended with no reason

I agree, hence why I asked. That's exactly what I suspect they have done though.
    Just our of interest as well, your VPS was in the EU, was it in France?

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited December 2013

@OkieDoke said:
    Just our of interest as well, your VPS was in the EU, was it in France?

Yea it was in France I think they rented OVH

• Ruriko said: It was located in NL

Mine was located in france. with online.net

• OkieDoke said: I agree, hence why I asked. That's exactly what I suspect they have done though. Just our of interest as well, your VPS was in the EU, was it in France?

That carnt be the case. they suspended mine too, and i hardly used any BW.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    Mine was located in france. with online.net

My mistake it was in france and I didn't know they rented online.net :o

• Ah right ok. I suspected France because OVH and Online.net both offer unmetered BW on their dedicated boxes.

@TarZZ92 if you also got suspended then we can rule out the BW issue. So perhaps it is either WHMCS gone wrong (unlikely) or the provider is struggling to stay afloat.

• OkieDoke said: if you also got suspended then we can rule out the BW issue. So perhaps it is either WHMCS gone wrong (unlikely) or the provider is struggling to stay afloat

i think its the provider. Tried @ (http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/uk-hosts/685/big-robs-web-reviews.html#top) and Via FB.

he's done a runner....

• Seems that way to me, sorry guys.

• Lucky i was doing daily backups :)

• @Ruriko said:
    Just a warning to everyone this host http://www.bigrobsweb.co.uk/ is a scam because they suspended my vps without giving a reason. I thought my vps was down until I saw the status of my vps saying "suspended" I submitted a ticket to ask what the reason was but they never replied for over a week now.

I went to check my vps product page saw the suspension reason indicating "Overdue on Payment" which doesn't make sense since I haven't even used the vps for a month yet. Normally a host should email you the reason of suspension and not ignoring your support tickets!

Here's a screenshot of the product page
    And a screenshot showing support being ignored

You can also check their facebook page which show other users also experience the same problem as me https://www.facebook.com/bigrobsweb anyway I'm filing a complaint to paypal and hope I get my money back

I have an account there.. they suspended my 4 vps for no reason and then never replied.... but i tricked that one and caught him online he said he will bring my servers online but he never did.. and all the time he was online, in last 10 days.. just hiding... start a paypal dispute just like I did...

• Thought virtual services were an exception for PayPal protection?

• joelgm said: Thought virtual services were an exception for PayPal protection?

Depends how you word it, and if you can provide the necessary evidence

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Wow! That's unfortunate. Clearly unprofessional and perhaps having issues. The dollar amounts are small PayPal may not even bother.

"Thought virtual services were an exception for PayPal protection?"
    Is this true? I've never heard of it...or read this anywhere...?

• I do apologise the UK was hit by a storm before Christmas and I have had no power for a number of days and playing catch up, I know my partner has been on the rampage with torrent users since I been offline but he should of replied to your ticket.

I will look into your case now.

• @bigrobsweb said:
    I do apologise the UK was hit by a storm before Christmas and I have had no power for a number of days and playing catch up, I know my partner has been on the rampage with torrent users since I been offline but he should of replied to your ticket.

I will look into your case now.

The partner thing is just a lie... you work alone... and nobody used torrents... You were online all the time, and i proved it 3 days ago...

• bigrobsweb said: I do apologise the UK was hit by a storm before Christmas and I have had no power for a number of days and playing catch up, I know my partner has been on the rampage with torrent users since I been offline but he should of replied to your ticket.

If you where going to bullshit atleast make it sound real. you have been couught online. and invoices dont automatically disappear once they are created.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

• Jack said: Hampshire is mentioned in that article which is ~14 minutes from Winchester which is the address on whois for bigrobsweb.co.uk

I understand the weather Jack. however he has been online atleast twice. and only had to make an announcement.. which would have been more understandable. it also seems very unprofessional.

• @Jack said:
    TarZZ92

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/10544851/Postcode-lottery-over-power-cut-payouts-as-Southern-Electric-promises-75-for-any-Christmas-Day-outage.html

Hampshire is mentioned in that article which is ~14 minutes from Winchester which is the address on whois for bigrobsweb.co.uk

dont get me wrong bro, but if this was the case then how did he delete the invoices which got created? and like a genuine host he could send out emails regarding this.. i caught him 3 days ago... since then he has come online daily... still the problem hasn't solved.. he himself told me that he works alone, now he has got a imaginary partner.. i have had a 10 days downtime on 4 vps...