Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Survey!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Survey!

I want to do some research for future upcoming provider! It will required your guys' help, and please be honest with your choices. I want to see other provider's perspective on the pricing structure.

Of course, for those people who vote the poll by Jan 15, 2014 will get exclusive offer when the plan is set and ready to go!

Let me cover what is the similar to every server, we will have Level3, TiNet, Telia, Tata bandwidth providers.

Server #1:
E3-1230v3
32 GB RAM Memory
4 x 1TB SATAIII HDD
2 x 120GB SSD
RAID with BBU and Cache
20TB Bandwidth

Server #2:
Dual E5-2620v2
64 GB RAM Memory
4 x 2TB SATAIII HDD
2 x 120GB SSD
RAID with BBU and Cache
50TB Bandwidth

Server specifications
  1. Server #116 votes
    1. 359.99
      75.00%
    2. 399.99
        6.25%
    3. 459.99
      18.75%
  2. Server #216 votes
    1. 499.99
      75.00%
    2. 599.99
      12.50%
    3. 699.99
      12.50%

Comments

• IP Costs? Location?

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited December 2013

You think $359 for a measly E3 is cheap? Hell, colocrossing ADVERTISES $200 for those specs.

EDIT: Yeah yeah, colocrossing, big whoop, although to be fair, you'd be able to spot the $200 nearly anywhere unmanaged.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • jhjh Member

No one here will pay anything like even the lowest cost for those.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Unless it's an exotic location I don't think this venture has legs. I've got 10 quotes for a greater spec to what you have outlined on the E5. All of them are lower than your lowest price.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yeah those prices are high, I would expect to see those prices from premium locations with a full DC of staff behind them.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Yeah, all those prices are way to high. If you want to interest people here start around $100-150.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • reconsider the whole thing.

• Note the OP has not included currency. If Rupees it would make it a super attractive offer!

@Virtovo said:
    Note the OP has not included currency. If Rupees it would make it a super attractive offer!

LOL indeed I will take 10 please.

• @Virtovo said:
    Note the OP has not included currency. If Rupees it would make it a super attractive offer!

Haha, I didn't even think of that. It's funny how everyone assumed it was USD.

• @Virtovo said:

Well, considering US dollars are the defacto currency on LET one can safely assume.

• @Rallias said:
    Well, considering US dollars are the defacto currency on LET one can safely assume.

Thanks Mr Killjoy.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

What, more than $7/yr?????

• @astadnicki Please add option: price not suitable

• If they are USD they are on the high side, but location could also be a factor here...

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

That's for a month or for an year?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Also what's the port speed?

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Yup. Those prices are WAY too high. This was "Low End Talk" last I checked...? LOL

• will take one if its yearly price. :)

is it in india or sth? coming from peering w/ tata

• Maybe in Australia or Asia...

Honestly, you seem like just another Skype server broker that 9/10 resell and are now looking to colocate and then rent out. Your prices suck, make a businessplan instead of a draft and a poll on a public forum.

• @Virtovo said:

Nepali or Indian? :P

• I'd go with CC over this.

• iSidleiSidle Member
    edited December 2013

@NateN34 said:
    I'd go with CC over this.

Heck I'd rather take SoYouStart overt his. SYS-E32-4 has a more recent(and decent) CPU and 2x120GB SSD and hardware raid, on a 1Gbps unlimited line.

Joins site, makes this one and only post, not want he wants to see so does not come back.. the feedback must be wrong :p