Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF someone who can price match versaweb's dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LF someone who can price match versaweb's dedi

kyakykyaky Member
edited December 2013 in Requests

One of the dedis I have is from Versaweb. I'm very happy with the spec & price. I wonder if anyone can provide the similar spec dedi with the same price or lower. I know the price is crazy but just curious if there is anyone can do. Please PM. Thanks

spec: Intel Xeon E3-1240v3 - 2-Bay $ 229.00 quarterly Intel Xeon E3-1240v3 - 2-Bay Hardware Options Memory: 32GB DDR3 Memory $ 0.00 Hard Disk 1: 240GB Solid State Disk $ 0.00 Hard Disk 2: No Second Hard Disk $ 0.00 Dedicated OS Disk: No OS Disk $ 0.00 Monitoring and Management Options Server Monitoring: Ping Monitoring $ 0.00 Server Management: No Server Management $ 0.00 Network and Bandwidth Options Bandwidth: 200Mbps Bandwidth

I don't need large disk space. I use the dedi for computing and data transfer. So the CPU needs to be decent (benchmark has be close to E3-1240v3), SSD is a must. 120-240 will do the job. 20T BW+ G port or 100Mbps+. (Need to have no this kind of limitation on switch like "number of connections" or "max speed per connection"). 5 usable IPs with IPMI or IP/KVM .

I don't use it for P2P download & mining. I only use it for computing and data communications to all my web servers only.

The screenshot is the total BW usage I used in Dec. really not much, but I need at least 10-20T for just in case

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Aprox 7 monthly for that? Wow

• Perhaps @concerto49 ?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2013

Thought it was monthly and seemed like most providers could do it then realised its quarterly lol.

I doubt anyone would be willing to do this who have reasonable / reliable carriers :)

Thanked by 1Zen
  • @INIZ said:

I doubt anyone would be willing to do this who have reasonable / reliable carriers :)

@c0y said:
    Perhaps concerto49 ?

We can do 2xL5520 24GB 128GB SSD 20TB @ 1gbit for the pricing though. Informart Dallas (it's SSD only, ran out of the HDD ones).

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • kyakykyaky Member
    edited December 2013

@INIZ said:
    Thought it was monthly and seemed like most providers could do it then realised its quarterly lol.

I know, it sounds impossible. But so far versaweb is all good.

btw your NY node is pretty good. my site is running very stable. I/O still keeps high. How far is for you from filling up the node with customers?

• @kyaky said:
    I know, it sounds impossible. But so far versaweb is all good.

As above l5520/l5XX or some old X34XX CPUs should be pretty easy to find but I doubt you'll find anyone using latest gen HW for that price unless you get lucky (eg. versa)

btw your NY node is pretty good. my site is running very stable. I/O still keeps high. How far is for you to fill up the node with customers?

We're deploying few nodes every 2-3 or so weeks at the moment using SSD Caching as well on newer nodes so IO performance should remain good even when loaded with more VMs :)

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @kyaky - Delimiter can match do almost half the price (on annual) but not SSD - just 2 x 1TB.

I know Steve has said no customisations but some people have mailed me to say they have worked around this by ordering the machine, once its delivered, wait a couple of weeks and then ask Steve to swap out the HDDs for an SSD.

• @concerto49 said:
    We can do 2xL5520 24GB 128GB SSD 20TB @ 1gbit for the pricing though. Informart Dallas (it's SSD only, ran out of the HDD ones).

thanks for the reply. 2xL5520's performance is just not enough for my needs.

I tried a 2xL5520 with quickpacket for 54.99+$10 extra upgraded to 128 SSD. It couldn't do my task efficiently.

I'm probably looking for 2xL5639 or an E3.

Thanks

• @MarkTurner said:
    kyaky - Delimiter can match do almost half the price (on annual) but not SSD - just 2 x 1TB.

I know Steve has said no customisations but some people have mailed me to say they have worked around this by ordering the machine, once its delivered, wait a couple of weeks and then ask Steve to swap out the HDDs for an SSD.

I know, I saw your thread and asked you if the disk could be replaced. I remember you said the plan was fixed.

CPU and I/O are both critical to my task. so... umm thanks anyway.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

kyaky said: 2xL5639

Probably not going to happen at this price point. All of the *coin miners are driving the hardware costs of these CPUs sky high compared to where they were 2-3 weeks ago.

Thanked by 1kyaky

And 32gb ram? Where can I get that plan?!

• OVH can almost match it, if you're from America and therefore don't have to pay VAT for them: http://www.soyoustart.ie/offers/sys-e32-2.xml

Thanked by 1kyaky

@tr1cky €40 vs $7.6? Yeah right

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited December 2013

@netomx said:
    tr1cky €40 vs $7.6? Yeah right

Don't know if I read wrong but:

229.00 quarterly /4 = 57.25$ in € = 41.45€

Oh wait, quaterly means 3 months, then:

229/3 = 76.4$ = 55.31€

• We'll match the exact specifications and price in ColoCrossing buffalo.

Register an account in our client area and submit a ticket and we'll get you a special order link.

Thanked by 1kyaky

@tr1cky he edited the price, it said: 22.9