Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Android WHMCS App
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Android WHMCS App

ksubediksubedi Member
edited December 2013 in General

I just posted this in webhostingtalk so I'm just going to copy paste:

I know WHMCS does have their own Android app, but it seems like they never update it and even the screenshots are from couple years ago. I use android and using whmcs from the browser is really inconvenient since it is not mobile optimized at all and you can't click on the hover menu items. I really don't feel like paying for the official app since its not updated at all.

So I'm planning on creating a new WHMCS app for android that does most basic as well as some advanced things that whmcs does.I am planning on releasing it as a paid app (<$5) and a monthly in app subscription (<$5) for instant notifications of new accounts, tickets etc (since i will have to run a server for sending push messages to the phones). I am going to be using the external api for the android app and i will create a internal plugin and use the internal api for push notifications.

Now my question is would this be legally okay? If i use the api's provided by WHMCS, would it be okay to create a commercial app. And would you guys be interested in using it? Also what do you think of the price point that i had in mind. Let me know.

WHMCS Android App
  1. Would you use it?11 votes
    1. Yes
      72.73%
    2. No
      27.27%

Comments

• People do business(make money) using WHMCS. Decent working apps is not particularly a hard sell.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

The latest smartphones have this really cool thing called a web browser!

• I would consider paying one time for a really nice WHMCS app but I would not be interested in a subscription payment.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@matt_securedspeed said:
    I would consider paying one time for a really nice WHMCS app but I would not be interested in a subscription payment.

This^^

• The subscription would be for instant push notifications. Since I will need a server to send all the push messages to the phone,I am just trying to cover the costs. And I was thinking of making the in app purchases around 1.99 a month which isn't a lot if you're running a hosting company

• We get emails about these things. Not needed. Id suggest leaving that idea out. A good app could be quite useful tho.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yeah an optional add on would be fine I can see why you have considered it but as matt said most wont want/ need it.

• That is true not everyone needs it, so it is going to be optional and not required for app to function.

• @matt_securedspeed said:
    I would consider paying one time for a really nice WHMCS app but I would not be interested in a subscription payment.

I have to agree with the above statement, I would rather not have to pay monthly for the app. A one off fee would be more enticing in my eyes.