Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Teach Something, Win Something Contest by Lowendguide.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Teach Something, Win Something Contest by Lowendguide.com

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
edited December 2013 in General

**It is time to exercise your braincells again after the holidays.

This is the first time that Lowendguide.com holds a contest, it won't be the last!**

I would like to introduce the Teach something, Win something contest brought to you by Lowendguide.com!

Lets start by presenting what you can win:

one 256 mb XEN VPS from InceptionHosting.com (your choice of location, Miami excluded)

one 256 mb KVM VPS from Necs.co.uk (starter1 package)

one 1024 mb XEN VPS from sugarvps.com

one VPS from each location that Lowendspirit provides.

2 Shared hosting packages (Feline) from freecpanelsharedhosting.com

All prices in this contest will be paid for the first FULL year!

Read more info @ http://www.lowendguide.com/contest-2013-2014/

Comments

• By entering this contest you allow your tutorial/guide to be posted on
    Lowendguide.com in full or edited even if you are not one of the winners.

on what basis do you decide the winners then?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

On the submitted entry.
    If posted on website then there might be some editing to fit the template of the webpage. I'll give an example: adding code tags around commands.

Thats an edit that would be done if posted.

• @techkken said:
    on what basis do you decide the winners then?

I would imagine it will be done based on the quality of the tutorial in its first edition.

• @MikHo so if my entry gets posted (with editing to fit the template) then i am a winner, else my entry wont be posted?

• Probably not. I guess all entries will be posted and edited to suit the site and then @MikHo will decode winners based on the quality.

@techkken said:
    MikHo so if my entry gets posted (with editing to fit the template) then i am a winner, else my entry wont be posted?

Depending on the quality of submitted entries (this contest is also posted on other forums) I reserve the right to publish the winners entries AND the ones that didn't win.
    Everything posted will get proper credit as you can see on the tutorials/guides written by other writers on Lowendguide.com.

The winners will be notified by email AND on a result page posted on Lowendguide.com.

@OkieDoke said:
    Probably not. I guess all entries will be posted and edited to suit the site and then MikHo will decode winners based on the quality.

Depending on quality, if someone submits a copy found on the Internet it will not get posted. :)

If there are any questions regarding this contest, feel free to ask here or on the webpage.
    http://www.lowendguide.com/contest-2013-2014/

I'm bumping this to make sure no one forgets to submit their entry
    http://www.lowendguide.com/contest-2013-2014/

Reminder that all last minute entries should be sent before midnight (CET) on the 21st.

Questions? Feel free to ask me.