Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(mono)terraria tshock errors -linux
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(mono)terraria tshock errors -linux

wiiguywiiguy Member
edited March 2012 in Help

currently i am running TDSM(very limited)

okay i tried installing Tshock on my vps but everytime i got errors like
http://pastebin.com/aNuMwitJ

so i tried to install it on a virtual machine @ home with the same directions i have used on the vps
but i came without a error(it worked)

i tried to ask on their forum but i dont think they really know what they are doing(they kept saying 320mb ram is not enough, yet my virtual machine is even running less then that)

if this forum is not the right place to ask, ya can go ahead and delete this

i thank you for your time reading this

Comments

• How much RAM does the VPS have? What technology is it (OpenVZ/KVM) ?

Thanked by 1wiiguy
  • Have you tried running your setup on a computer/box with sufficient RAM just to rule out memory allocation as not being the problem?

Thanked by 1wiiguy
  • @rds100 said: How much RAM does the VPS have? What technology is it (OpenVZ/KVM) ?

the vps has 320mb ram, openVZ

@marinated said: Have you tried running your setup on a computer/box with sufficient RAM just to rule out memory allocation as not being the problem?

like i said i have runned it easilly on a virtual machien on my own pc with less then 320mb ram

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2012

320MB RAM on OpenVZ may not be enough due to the way OpenVZ accounts used/allocated memory.

Your virtual machine on the home PC was not OpenVZ and probably had swap and has a totally different way to account for used memory.

Thanked by 1wiiguy
  • @rds100 said: 320MB RAM on OpenVZ may not be enough due to the way OpenVZ accounts used/allocated memory.

i see, im still quite new to this VPS stuff, so i did not know this(thanks for the new info)
    how much ram would you think a OpenVZ system woudl need to get it working then ?

• Try double (or 512, sounds like a nice round number), if it still doesn't work - get a 256MB KVM, will probably work.

Thanked by 1wiiguy
  • @rds100 said: Try double (or 512, sounds like a nice round number), if it still doesn't work - get a 256MB KVM, will probably work.

ok ty :) i will try this @ a later date when i ahve some more cash :)

i thank you for your time answering this rds100 and marinated

• wiiguywiiguy Member
    edited March 2012

anyways i gave it another shot in a VM with only 64mb :p
    it still worked

and this is the free -m on my vps whiel running the server

root@none:~# free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 320 223 96 0 0 21
    -/+ buffers/cache: 201 118
    Swap: 320 0 320
    ya would think this should be enough

but once i connect i get it

pastebin.com/2RTAKRh1

sry if this is bothering people(but i rly am trying to get this working on a 320mb ram vps :p(since i ahve a very very low budget))

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Even if it runs for a while, it may get into trouble later.
    I "usually" try to have twice the minimum memory needed. If it has burstable, then 1/3 more in the guaranteed pool.
    OpenVZ has many issues and is not a real machine virtualized. Sometimes it will never work due to the way the kernel has been compiled, it has nothing to do with your distro and settings. If it doesnt work, then it doesnt, rarely a provider will make the necessary changes in the kernel just for you.
    M

• wiiguywiiguy Member
    edited March 2012

okay, i understand, guess i will have to increase my budget some way