Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stock, DDoS Protection, TOS/AUP Adjustments
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stock, DDoS Protection, TOS/AUP Adjustments

AldryicAldryic Member
edited March 2012 in Offers

[Mods - this thread is intended for discussion, hence the General category. If this needs to be in Offers, my apologies, tag me and I'll change it ASAP]

Well, word's already out, so I suppose we should make it official. The elusive stock will be available this Friday, starting at 0600h PST (currently GMT-7) (inb4franlied). Quoted directly from the mass email I'm currently sending out to our clientbase:

More good news! The long wait for more stock is finally over - this Friday (23 Mar) at 0600h PST (currently GMT-7) we will be releasing a large batch of KVM and OVZ plans. Over 1000 total available OpenVZ slots, and a good handful of KVM plans will be made available over the course of this release, split up over a predetermined schedule. The initial release count will be as follows:

OpenVZ Plans

- 25x 128/256MB (15$/yr)
- 20x 256/512MB (3,50$/mo)
- 20x 512/1024MB (5,95$/mo)
- 5x 1024/2048MB (12,95$/mo)
- 5x 2048/4096MB (24,95$/mo)

KVM Plans

- All Available Stock

This initial batch will be replenished on Monday (26Mar) following the release schedule in Our Wiki. As always, stock is first-come-first-serve; please don't ask for reservations, as that's just unfair for all the other folks that've been waiting patiently.

At this time we're still undecided on how we want to handle Storage plan sales, as they will not be an inclusion in this stock release. You can find details on all of our other plans at http://buyvm.net. As always, all orders are processed manually, and first-time-buyers are audited after order placement, so we ask that you expect a 1-3 hour delay on order provisioning (we like to take the time to ensure that everything is setup correctly and not leave someone hanging).

Another upcoming feature we're excited to present is... DoS Filtering! Anyone with existing services can acquire a filtered IP less than 2ms from our home racks for 3$/mo. These filtered IPs can handle up to a 6-10gbit flood before it's considered a potential issue, meaning no more sleepless nights worrying about some kiddy with a forum-bought C&C booter taking down your VPS. All clients are welcome to request filtered IPs for their services; and for anyone that might've been asked to leave our network in the past due to being an unfortunate target... Welcome Back! We're looking at having this available early-to-mid next week.

Lastly, after some discussion with the bossman, we've decided on a revision of our TOS/AUP in regards to TOR. As a good compromise that allows clients to handle the annoyances before they reach us, TOR nodes will be allowed on our network with the following restrictions:

• Clients wanting to run a TOR node or private site MUST acquire a /29 from us, and have the IPs SWIP'd into their name before starting the service.

• Clients must handle any and all abuse complaints from the TOR activities.

This policy will go into effect once I've had time to properly amend our TOS/AUP and announce the change internally.. so let's go ahead and put an effective date of Monday on that. And yes, running TOR services without following the above stipulations will still be grounds for immediate dismissal :3

@Maounique - (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You can expect an update from either myself or Fran 24hrs and 1hr before this sale goes live. If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to address them here ^_^

Comments

• Wow, seems pretty interesting :D

I wonder if that DoS protection is inbound only, or outbound too, as you already noticed what happened recently with my games u_u

• @yomero said: I wonder if that DoS protection is inbound only, or outbound too, as you already noticed what happened recently with my games u_u

@Francisco needs to confirm this, but we will likely still apply our own Autonull on outbound. But we'll still try and find another solution for cases like yours :3

• Hopefully i'll be able to grab one!

• @Aldryic said: But we'll still try and find another solution for cases like yours :3

Hehe
    Fortunately seems to be 99.9% fixed now =)

• @Aldryic I have a nice little question for you, how do these IP ranges work? Is a /29 mean 29 IPs?

Thanks

• @Taylor a /29 is 8 IPs, of which on KVM you have 5 usable, on OpenVZ you could probably use all 8.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2012

@Taylor said: Is a /29 mean 29 IPs?

5 Usable, http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_IPClasslessAddressingBlockSizesandClassfulNetworkE.htm. I dunno if that link means anything, I haven't properly read it :p

• @Taylor said: @Aldryic I have a nice little question for you, how do these IP ranges work? Is a /29 mean 29 IPs?

Thanks

/29 is 8 IPs with 5 usable from what I remember.

• @rds100 @Infinity

Okay 5 Usable what happens with the rest on KVM? What do they get used for?

Thanks

• Gateway, broadcast, and something else

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2012

@Taylor for example:
    subnet+0 network address
    subnet+1 gateway
    subnet+2 usable 1
    subnet+3 usable 2
    subnet+4 usable 3
    subnet+5 usable 4
    subnet+6 usable 5
    subnet+7 broadcast

But on OpenVZ you can just assign all 8 individual IPs to the container, no need for network, broadcast and gateway from the subnet.

• If Cowboy-Constanious trys to DDoS (if I get one) my VPS, will I get a medal?

• @rds100

Thanks for that info

• @Taylor /29 means 6 usable IP addresses

2^(32-29) - 2 = 6 hosts ( You will be paying for 8 IPS and two will be used for broadcast and loopback. hence the -2)

• BuyVM - Setting standards for lowend providers since w/e their creation date was.

• @Aldryic is that table flip?

• @NanoG6 said: @Aldryic is that table flip?

Come again?

• @Aldryic said: Come again?

@Aldryic said: @Maounique - (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Oh, hah. Yes, yes it is :3

• @Aldryic said: Come again?

He said "is that table flip?"

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yomero said: Fortunately seems to be 99.9% fixed now =)

Autonull informs us of outbound floods already.

On OpenVZ we'll be enforcing proper /29 allocations so you'd get 5 usable. 1 is lost to the network address, 1 to gateway and another to broadcast. We're not charging anything for the SWIP to be handled, just that people pickup a /29 (we'll charge for 5 ip's and forgive the 3 for network related stuff).

The filtering is exciting and I expect to see some providers move their billing & possible solusvm's inhouse if they become targets agian.

Francisco

• @DotVPS said: how you can do it so cheap?

Have MOU with botnet providers. ;)

@DotVPS said: @Francisco how are you able to provide filtering for $3/month?

I don't understand how you can do it so cheap?

Could you explain what equipment is involved ect?

Ponies. A lot of them.

Since we have our own ASN & IP addresses we're able to do a lot of funky stuff for minimal cost :)

We could charge more for the service and some would pay for it, but we also know that there are many communities/websites/customers that are really budget concious and can't afford $50/m just for filtering. at $3.00/month it's affordable for anyone needing or wanting the peace of mind.

Francisco

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @yomero were you running Quake 3 or Call of Duty gameservers by any chance? I've been having an issue with getstatus DDROS attacks causing outbound DDOS flooding on other hosts; it's quite a concern.

• Will you have to pay for a year (or the rest of the billing cycle) on the DDoS protected IPs if you have a yearly service?

@dmmcintyre3 said: Will you have to pay for a year (or the rest of the billing cycle) on the DDoS protected IPs if you have a yearly service?

I'm thinking so.

Can you confirm @aldryic?

• @Ivraatiems said: @yomero were you running Quake 3 or Call of Duty gameservers by any chance? I've been having an issue with getstatus DDROS attacks causing outbound DDOS flooding on other hosts; it's quite a concern.

Exactly. Urban Terror. Fortunately the community got the executable patched, so the bad packets are almost 100% filtered.

@Ivraatiems said: @yomero were you running Quake 3 or Call of Duty gameservers by any chance? I've been having an issue with getstatus DDROS attacks causing outbound DDOS flooding on other hosts; it's quite a concern.

Q3.

Francisco

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited March 2012

@dmmcintyre3 said: Will you have to pay for a year (or the rest of the billing cycle) on the DDoS protected IPs if you have a yearly service?

As it's configured now, yes. I've spent a lot of time moving away from Addons to the Configurable Options in WHMCS, if you're familiar with them. There's a couple of ways to exploit how Addons billing works, so until I have a solid workaround those are out.

EDIT: I am working on a fix that allows for monthly 'addons' on yearly services. I'll release more info on that as I get things down solid.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • NickMNickM Member

Question about TOR usage. Do you allow outgoing connections to tor without getting a /29? I'd potentially want to set up one of my servers as a private tor proxy.