Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for DNS VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions for DNS VPS

VPNVPN Member
edited December 2013 in Requests

Guys,

I need your expert advice please.

We currently have our dedicated server running our 30+ game servers and a couple of sites.
We also have a 500GB Backupsy VPS that we use to backup the sites and game data.

Most of the attached domains use Google Apps so there is no local mail routing, I would like to setup a DNS cluster for redundancy so that we can still get mail forwarded to the Google MX servers in the event the main box is down.

Can anybody suggest a reliable VPS provider in Europe (UK preferably) with whom I don't have to worry about uptime and downtime.

I can handle a little downtime here and there as I doubt both the DNS server and the main box will ever be down simultaneously but the more reliable the better.

EDIT: Out of band access to console would also be great but not required.

Thanks!

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited December 2013

www.getkvm.com has a great uptime and friendly support service
    never had any issues with them
    its not UK but it has Germany as Location, this should have a decent latency to the UK.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@OkieDoke - /autopromotion:on maybe consider external DNS service with proper API and functionality set /autopromotion:off

said: Can anybody suggest a reliable VPS provider in Europe (UK preferably) with whom I don't have to worry about uptime and downtime.

Prometeus

• I second Prometeus, Great experience with their subbrand OverZold, I can't imagine what it must be like with their main brand!

• @OkieDoke said:
    Can anybody suggest a reliable VPS provider in Europe (UK preferably) with whom I don't have to worry about uptime and downtime.

DotVPS

• @wych said:
    DotVPS

I second that, DotVPS is superb & @Jack is a nice guy to deal with.Other than that Prometeus is also a great hosting company.

• If you want the UK specifically then I would go with DotVPS (@Jack) as well. There are some good deals for DotVPS on here and LEB as well.

• transfer domain to namecheap, and use their dns. works great and you can put any records