Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap NL vpn server? <15$ year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap NL vpn server? <15$ year

With the black friday offers from ramnode expired, I'm looking for a cheap <15$, preferrably <10$/year vps. Only reqs for this sporadicly used openvpn server would be 128mb ram, and located in the Netherlands. Anyone got an idea?

Comments

• @ditrone

I have a RamNode VPS which I could setup as a VPN if you like?

• That's really kind of you, though I'd prefer to rent a server from a provider though, as I'd like to have my own full control over it, maybe run nagios on it in the future etc.

Thanks for the offer though :)

• @ditrone said:
    That's really kind of you, though I'd prefer to rent a server from a provider though, as I'd like to have my own full control over it, maybe run nagios on it in the future etc.

Thanks for the offer though :)

You can still get 128MB NL CVZ-E5 for $14.88/yr

Use promo code WOWNUM1 http://bit.ly/19BVPk7

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • thanks, ordering it :)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • No problem

• I'd also suggest using SoftEther VPN.

You have L2TP, OpenVPN and Client based all on one.

• @ditrone said:
    With the black friday offers from ramnode expired, I'm looking for a cheap <15$, preferrably <10$/year vps. Only reqs for this sporadicly used openvpn server would be 128mb ram, and located in the Netherlands. Anyone got an idea?

Obvious provider would be lowendspirit.com

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@sc754 said:
    Obvious provider would be lowendspirit.com

+1. LowEndSpirit is the obvious choice here - although depending on how much usage you expect, you could check this $7/year offer that I put up a while ago - it would give you access to more locations as well which is always a plus.

Having said that, if you're wanting to maybe use a server for other things in the future, LowEndSpirit from @AnthonySmith may be the way to go.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for checking us out!

• I already ordered the Ramnode server, but since the lowendspirit vpn was only 5 euro/year I ordered it as well. The vps-hoarding virus from leb has infected me too :p

• @ditrone said:
    The vps-hoarding virus from leb has infected me too :p

Ah welcome, we've been expecting you. We have cookies :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ditrone said:
    I already ordered the Ramnode server, but since the lowendspirit vpn was only 5 euro/year I ordered it as well. The vps-hoarding virus from leb has infected me too :p

€3 p /year :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2013

3€ but you could send AnthonySmith 5€ then he could buy a coffee :D

• Ahh yes, I confused the lowendspirit server with the vpn.sh link Liam posted. So I ordered the vpn.sh one. but 3euro/year for the les server is a bargain. I'll probably pick one up as well ;)

Thanked by 1VPNsh