Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What do you do when a unpaid/hobby project expands too large?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you do when a unpaid/hobby project expands too large?

StellaEVStellaEV Member
edited December 2013 in General

I started with hosting 2 TF2 servers in September - but now, we seem to have overexpanded a bit, and are running (quite) short on management staff. Right now, its only me and someone else who are managing a total of 16 Servers/VPSes (Not all of them are TF2 Servers though)

Any idea where I would be able to find more staff who would be happy with voleunteering? We have already set everything up (RT Request Tracker, server access via LDAP groups, Zabbix monitoring, .etc .etc)

For those who want to volunteer - as you can probably see from the steam group in the sig, we are doing some work on the servers.

We will likely be doing interviews next week, if your interested, feel free to post in the thread

Comments

• I'm happy with volunteering and have done a lot of it in the past and currently in the gaming community.

Feel free to PM me!