Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited January 2014 in General

I'm sure this will be deleted. This isn't drama. This is fact.

Dear LET,

Do you believe that providers should be banned for using this website as a platform to deceive consumers? Consumers have a right to know that when they move their business to another company, if that company is actually the exact same company. Would you not agree? As a marketplace, can you make any claim to hold standards or values if this is explicitly allowed to continue and the involved parties are not banned for their actions? Why have rules at all if we allow providers to deceive consumers using this place as a platform.

Chris Fabozzi runs UGVPS. For reference, as noted below, PayPal takes 3-5 days after submitting paperwork to change a business contact name. If it isn't a business account, you literally cannot change the name without legally changing your name and proving it. Chris Fabozzi has been running UGVPS and lied about it to all of you.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

Just curious, where did that email come from? / how did you get it?

• Who cares? Get over it...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@joereid said:
    Who cares? Get over it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

Get some.

Thanked by 2k0nsl Steve81
  • Fliphost said: where did that email come from? / how did you get it?

VPSBoard

inb4member_no_signature cluster error

• @jarland I would love to know where you got those images

@ihatetonyy said:
    VPSBoard

Directly from the source, actually. That's all I'm going to say. If, at this point, people won't believe that, well you couldn't convince them of the existence of a 2x4 by hitting them in the head with it.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • If having some means constantly posting about/bashing cvps then I don't want any.

Get a life a move on.

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • jarland said: Directly from the source, actually.

We got a sup3r l33t H@X0r up in here

edited December 2013

@joereid said:
    Get a life a move on.

Solid advice, whoever you are.

• fhnericfhneric Member
    edited December 2013

@jarland I agree with you 100%. Sure is really good timing that CVPS_Chris chooses to take a vacation, isn't it? Could it be possible that CVPS_Chris chose to take a vacation because he knew that things would get ugly?

Thanked by 1jar
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Spencer said:
    jarland I would love to know where you got those images

Note how the e-mail is directed at @ugvps.com, not @ugeekvps.com. "Fake Crystal" (which may be Thomas, Crystal, or Chris) has lost control of ugvps.com. Whoever has control of ugvps.com now, would be able to receive these e-mails.

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • @joereid It is important to stand up for things you believe in are right. If you start compromising once, you start doing it everywhere.

The point is the need for transparency in the way business is being done. That is all.

edited December 2013

I'm certainly not here to be angry or anything of the sort. I am here to ask the community if they believe that this website can maintain any sense of integrity if @mpkossen will not take action against such things. I ask absolutely nothing of Chris Fabozzi. I ask something of Maarten. No more games. Let's define the values of this website tonight. Whatever they are defined as by this scenario, that is that.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@joereid said:
    If having some means constantly posting about/bashing cvps then I don't want any.

Get a life a move on.

This isn't about bashing CVPS or a provider. It's about LET hopefully having the integrity not to allow con men to continue to operate on the site.

It's also about identity theft that two people committed. The original owner of UGVPS (Crystal's husband) and the new owner of UGVPS who continued the charade for another 10 months after purchasing the company and continued to sign Crystal's name to all communications (i.e. the piece of filth new owner also committed identity theft).

It is also about fraud. UGVPS originally set up a PayPal account with the name Warfront Cafe LLC on it. There never was a company called Warfront Cafe LLC. Every single buyer who made a payment to that fake LLC is also a victim of fraud.

Do I think we should let conmen and criminals get away with committing crimes and say nothing about it? NO.

Do I think scumbag conmen who ruin someone's life by stealing her identity should spend several years rotting in prison? YES.

• Again? Fuck. This is getting old. You're damaging my eyes with reposting vpsboard shit at lowendtalk all the time.

@GuanYu said:
    Again? Fuck. This is getting old. You're damaging my eyes with reposting vpsboard shit at lowendtalk all the time.

You mad?

• @jarland said:
    You mad?

A bit. But don't worry about me bro. In second I close this website I forget about this shit.

Glad to hear, have a good night :)

• Nothing to be glad about. I will open it again tomorrow and see new posts where some random guy demand justice because Chris farted at public place.
    Shitty situation, I tell ya man. But thanks.

@GuanYu said:
    Nothing to be glad about. I will open it again tomorrow and see new posts where some random guy demand justice because Chris farted at public place.
    Shitty situation, I tell ya man. But thanks.

I'm sorry that you don't care about your fellow consumers. That's perfectly fine though. The beauty of this world is that everyone gets their own opinion. I'm merely standing for what I believe. Is that what you're doing right now? Is it your moral conviction to mock people who stand for theirs? That's ok if it is, just curious.

• GuanYuGuanYu Member
    edited December 2013

That is what I am doing right now yes. Because how is feeding people with same crap all the time standing for what you believe? Can't you use twitter or personal dedicated blog or something for those shitty endless threads about the same people all the time?
    Use your talent, write tutorial about things you like to do, be helpful, post something useful or just don't do nothing instead of re-posting latest news about Chris farting. We've had enough of this lately. Is this really so hard to understand?

edited December 2013

Same? Link me to where I posted this before. You can't. You're very angry and I'm very sorry for that but I am doing what I believe is right. I would suggest you consider taking a break if me posting this for the first time ever is annoying you because you perceive me as having posted it many times.

TL;DR version: I have NEVER posted this before. This is not repeat information.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

GuanYu said: Because how is feeding people with same crap all the time standing for what you believe?

I can't tell whether there's a genuine language barrier thing going on here, or whether you're just not wanting to understand what @jarland is saying.

Thanked by 2jar ryanarp
  • GuanYu said: Nothing to be glad about.

You are free to ignore the thread and move on. Note that you are inconvenienced by a thread that does not suit your taste and you started complaining. This is fine.

But do note some random guys are providing service to some random guys and some random guys are standing up for what they believe in is cheating and you should respect that stand.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarland said: I'm sorry that you don't care about your fellow consumers. That's perfectly fine though. The beauty of this world is that everyone gets their own opinion. I'm merely standing for what I believe.

Heellloooo jarland! Can you hear me way up there on the high road?

Just kidding :) I appreciate what you've said and what you are standing up for.

At the same time I can understand @GuanYu's frustration. I feel it too sometimes.

Petty -- and not so petty -- deceitfulness and dishonesty is common and is encountered in many aspects of life. Sometimes it touches a chord and we want to take a stand and do something about. Other times we -- or at least I -- will mutter, curse and move on. I've learned I can't fight all the battles.

You've chosen this battle and I wish you well.

edited December 2013

Well goodnight guys. I did what I felt was my part in a community that I've cared about for quite some time now. You guys supported me in my ventures and that ultimately led to where I am today, able to support my wife and my baby girl on the way. I felt like I owed it to you to try to save the integrity of this community where many of you embraced me as a friend.

One of two things happens now. Either it is written in stone, by actions, that any sense of integrity here is no longer welcome, or people's faith in the community can be slightly healed by this.

More than likely I wake up to a ban. So it was fun guys. Thanks for the good times.

Thanked by 2marrco MCHPhil
  • Jesus, you guys don't give me a break, do you?

@CVPS_Chris: what is your response to this?

• @tija said:
    You are free to ignore the thread and move on

I try. But every day some keyboard freedom fighter open new one to tweet about Chris last move and demand rights. And it's not even original, just vpsboard re-post. Yes, Chris is alive! I know now. Thank you. Can we move on?

@mpkossen said:
    Jesus, you guys don't give me a break, do you?

You know darn well this is the first I've posted any of this. Stop lumping me with other people.

• @jarland said:
    You know darn well this is the first I've posted any of this. Stop lumping me with other people.

It's the first time you've initiated a post like this, sure. I give you that. But I do believe you are part of the "we" that elrooted keeps speaking of and you're always quick to jump in and defend him here. Given the fact that he also sent this to me in an e-mail says enough to me.

I think you're just a puppet this time. A means for elrooted to come to an end. After all, you posted this four hours after I received the e-mail. I think that's your source, by the way. If that is true, you've just lost your credibility.

Let's wait for Chris' response.

This discussion has been closed.