Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to cancel AlienVPS VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to cancel AlienVPS VPS?

sumeshpremrajsumeshpremraj Member
edited March 2012 in General

I had bought an AlienVPS for testing, and opened a ticket a week ago to make sure it was cancelled before next billing cycle. No reply was made to the ticket, and I've been charged for another month.

Can somebody tell me if I can cancel the goddamn VPS? I mean, even support isn't responding, it seems the only thing working there is their autobilling so that they can continue to draw cash from customers who don't use their VPS and also want to cancel it.

Pathetic.

Comments

• Just don't pay your invoices

• I don't know, but you could try calling their WHOIS phone #:
    +1.2125000361

• If they are using whmcs, try going to the products / product details, scroll down to the bottom of the page and see, there should be "request cancellation" button there.

• If they're using WHMCS, go to the My Services menu. To the right of the service should be a text block or icon that brings you to the 'manage service' page. Same page you do upgrades/downgrades from. Just scroll down to the bottom and look for the Cancellation button.

• aubsaubs Member
    edited March 2012

Speak to your bank / PayPal / whoever. Advise a fraudulent transaction. I'm sure that will shake them up if they're not responding ... You have contacted them and requested to cancel after all.

• Report them to the New York BBB too. WHOIS says they are in NYC, don't know if they are BBB listed, however.

http://newyork.bbb.org/

• NY? They're in NJ now. I wonder if their prior DC in NY filed with the BBB against them...

• They list (and incorrectly spell) Secaucus, NJ as the DC location. Weren't they in NY before?

• @Aldryic said: They list (and incorrectly spell) Secaucus, NJ as the DC location. Weren't they in NY before?

I don't think so. I believe they always called them NY servers, but they've been in NJ.

• Seacacus, NJ

Is it like the Iowa caucuses, only held in the sea?

• tuxtux Member
    edited March 2012

@Aldryic said: Weren't they in NY before?

Yes, Ubiquity Servers in New York.

• @tux said: Yes, Ubiquity Servers in New York.

Yep, just looked through it on WHT:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=999125&highlight=alienvps

Their test ip - 173.208.58.101 - is Ubiquity.

• flyfly Member

just don't pay.
    if you don't pay and they still give you services... well happy birthday

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

I think he mean's he is getting auto charged :P

Cancel your subscription in paypal (if you use that), or dispute the payment via your bank if you paid via credit card :P

• flyfly Member

paypal subscriptions are a bitch to cancel.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@kbar said: paypal subscriptions are a bitch to cancel.

You simply need to view any payment made and it'll have a link to the subscription.

This is why we don't allow subscriptions, they're a pain in the butt to both parties involved.

Francisco

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • NickMNickM Member

@Francisco said: This is why we don't allow subscriptions, they're a pain in the butt to both parties involved.

This. I always immediately cancel any subscription that gets put on my Paypal account so that I don't have to worry about getting charged automatically for something I don't want.

If it were any other host, I'd suggest either asking for a refund or try to sell the VPS to someone else, but since it's AlienVPS.... Paypal dispute.

• They use WHMCS. @sumeshpremraj try to cancell vps PROPERLY.

My services -> View Details -> Management Actions -> Request Cancellation (click!)

• @NickM said: I always immediately cancel any subscription that gets put on my Paypal account so that I don't have to worry about getting charged automatically for something I don't want.

But some companies can get angry if you cancel...
    Any idea what will happen if I cancel my 1&1 subscription? :D

• @yomero said: Any idea what will happen if I cancel my 1&1 subscription? :D

You'll lose everything, be banned from their site, and they'll continue sending you bills.

• @Kairus said: You'll lose everything, be banned from their site, and they'll continue sending you bills.

LOLOL! Really?
    :S

Btw, I don't have any service with them anymore... :P Probably I will try... xD

• @yomero said: LOLOL! Really?

:S

Btw, I don't have any service with them anymore... :P Probably I will try... xD

:P I've read some horror stories on WHT.

• Login https://my.alienlayer.com, Services->View Details->Management Action, then cancel it

• My fault that I didn't look through their control panel fully to cancel it. But still, kinda appalling that they couldn't do a single reply on a ticket that is as important. I guess they are only responsive when tickets are filed by customers who stay....

Wish there was some LEB provider who has reasonable support - not instant, but not as bad as no-reply-for-a-week either...any recommendations?

• kendidkendid Veteran

If it's support you're looking for I'd recommend Quickweb (almost instant support) -- they have LEBs as well for around $24/yr...