Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SecureDragon Transfer of VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SecureDragon Transfer of VPS

clarity_64clarity_64 Member
edited March 2012 in General

I have an O128 with SecureDragon that I no longer need. The next due date is 09/21/12, and the amount due is $18.00. I am looking to get $8-$9 for it. That would give me back my money for the time not used. Joe has approved me transferring the VPS, but it has to be to someone that already has services with him.

RAM: 128MB/256MB Burst
HDD: 15GB
Bandwidth: 200GB

The uptime on the box has been great, and they just moved everything over to new hardware. PM, if interested.

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2012

@liam unfortunately it has to be with current clients only. We attempted to do transfers with non-clients by manually transferring the VPSs and creating the accounts but it ended rather badly due to SolusVM's WHMCS module not having a lot of built in intelligence during VPS automation (WHMCS would create new VPSs in the transferred client's SolusVM account and it resulted in clients having access to other client's VPSs). So instead of having to manually mess with databases we've decided to only do transfers with clients who already have both active WHMCS and SolusVM accounts. Once we are SolusVM free we will re-evaluate this policy.

Thanked by 2Mon5t3r NanoG6
  • @KuJoe - yeah, that was a pain in the ass. The only workable solution I could come up with when we used Solus was to make both parties agree that no data on the VPS would be saved, then terminate and recreate via the WHMCS module.

The only other real alternative is to hand-create accounts and reassign the VM via SQL, which is too much of a pain in the ass to be viable.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • mentioning @SolusVM :P

oh,, and @WHMCS too..

sigh.. why they can't fix this. i think it's only written on 5-10 lines script.

• Well, it's not really a WHMCS issue... Solus could've included this feature in their module, it's just not there.

• kendidkendid Veteran

I'll take it... PM you in a little bit

• kendidkendid Veteran

That was quick... Money transferred, and @KuJoe had the vps in my account within the hour! Thanks!