Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of all sunk LowEndTalk threads
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of all sunk LowEndTalk threads

joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2013 in General

In the interest of transparency, and as a result of claims that ColoCrossing-related threads are consistently sunk, here's an unbiased and automatically generated list of all the threads on LowEndTalk that were ever set to sink (including scraper code): https://gist.github.com/joepie91/8000164

Caveats:

• Offers category is excluded, as all threads there are set to auto-sink.
  • Off-topic category is excluded, as it is not accessible to unregistered users (and the scraper doesn't authenticate).
  • It seems that closed threads are set to auto-sink for whatever reason - which means they are included in this list as well.

Comments

• Will this thread about sunk threads but sunk too?

• @concerto49 said:
    Will this thread about sunk threads but sunk too?

Sunkception

• I will sink it if you want ;-)

• I could hardly find a CC in that list. Change the title to ChicagoVPS and then sink it please.

• Hey, some of those titles are familiar! Actually a lot of them :)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Here's an update... I decided to also make a list of what Offers threads were sunk, and what ones weren't: https://gist.github.com/joepie91/8000969

There are some odd un-sunk patterns in there, aside from the individual offers (eg. "I have a server/license that I want to get rid of") - the only explanation I could find for this, is that they were originally posted in another category (like General), and they weren't set to auto-sink upon being moved to Offers. That'd be a potentially problematic bug in itself.

cc @jbiloh

• terafireterafire Member
    edited December 2013

We get our stuff sunk all the time

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Nice research Joe.

Regarding the offers that are unsunk, for a period of time we were doing it manually until Oktay fixed the plugin a few months ago. From there on everything marked as an offer should be set to auto sink.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

I decided to also make a list of what Offers threads were sunk, and what ones weren't

But here must be said (in the interest of transparency as you would say) that after hack there wasn't autosink plugin at all until @serverian wrote one so mods manually sunk threads and some of them were simply overlooked.

edit
    jbiloh beat me to it.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Spirit said:
    jbiloh beat me to it.

I should be sleeping already but I'm addicted to the F5 button :)

• @jbiloh What's that button for? On a Mac it's the button for dimming the keyboard backlit.

• skaska Member
    edited December 2013

@Andy said:
    jbiloh What's that button for? On a Mac it's the button for dimming the keyboard backlit.

Not really, what you are pressing is an auto-modifier key. Just press fn+F5. That is the original F5-key. (where fn is in this keys a modifier key.)

• @Andy said:
    jbiloh What's that button for? On a Mac it's the button for dimming the keyboard backlit.

Refresh.

• Andy said: @jbiloh What's that button for? On a Mac it's the button for dimming the keyboard backlit.

On my Mac it increases the volume...

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited December 2013

@Nekki said:

Oh? keyboard backlit decreases here