Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMB Hosting - Apology and Plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMB Hosting - Apology and Plan

AsimAsim Member
edited March 2012 in Providers
Hey There,

Due to the ongoing issues currently being experienced after the loss of our Technical Lead Daimon,
due to personal issues, we would like to offer a whole hearted apology to all clients of DMB Hosting 
and hope they can find it within themselves to allow us to make the situation right.

We understand that there are many people who have paid for services which may have not been 
provided to them or customers that have had some service, but no where near the level of service 
you have come to expect from DMB Hosting.

To help resolve this situation we are inviting customers to open up a support tickets (by emailing to
 [email protected]) which will allow us to review the following:

1) Any customers that we owe money to in the form of a refund
2) Which customers would like us to continue to provide a service to

We ask people provide the following information to us:

A) The server hostname and IP
B) How long you have been without service in total (If you have this information)
C) If you'd like to continue with your service
D) If you'd like a refund how much you feel you are entitled to

Ideally we'd like customer to reply as soon as possible, however we understand this may come in 
bad taste as we have been so bad in getting back to Emails/Tickets, any kind of basic communication 
or showing our customers the basic respect that they deserve.

This will allow us to take stock of the current situation and move forward.

Currently we have a party who is interested in keeping DMB Hosting running in its current form or 
who may approach customers to see if they wish to move to a new brand. All contact will be done 
via DMB and NO PERSONAL DETAILS WILL BE PASSED ON WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Over the past 2 months we have done somethings with the right intentions, but with the wrong 
outcome. From now on we will try and do everything we can to ensure our customers are treated 
fairly and kept informed of the issues we face and the plans we are making to resolve them.

Thank you,
DMB Hosting

Comments

• come on.. at least he / they provide you option to refund :)

• AsimAsim Member

I am not complaining about it :)

Its for news and future reference on this community

• AsimAsim Member

@liam said: Beware constantino is in town.

:)

• jhjh Member

No mention of who ent that email?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jtodd said: No mention of who ent that email?

Is it with you guys/gals? It would make it easy since they have most of their servers with you no?

• jhjh Member
    edited March 2012

@Francisco said: Is it with you guys/gals? It would make it easy since they have most of their servers with you no?

Not that I'm aware of. The servers are with UKCloud, yes.

• u4iau4ia Member

I'm really curious who the interested party is.

• Looks like they are done:
    http://claw.d3vm.net/dmb-end.png

Thanked by 2yomero huluwa
  • @dmmcintyre3 said: Looks like they are done:

Why something would like to signup with a weird company. This reminds me a little bit to vazapi->netrouting...

@LES

• Looks like they didn't try that hard to save themselves...

• @dmmcintyre3 said: Looks like they are done:

That means refund gone, right? aha

• Wait, this email: http://claw.d3vm.net/dmb-end.png came from a different IP and was sent to a different email address than the email in the original post.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Hey Guys,

We were interested in trying to save the company itself, but it was apparent once we had a look that a lot of money was owed back to customers and many bills were due to be paid.

Having said that if we had a few more days we may have been able to transfer some customers onto our own servers and keep services going.

We are extremely sorry we were unable to help in the end.

dmmcintyre3,

Looking at the email it appears to be sent from PHP rather than their mail server. However the IP does match the IP of their billing server.

Their domain is currently down as the nameservers are no longer providing records: http://intodns.com/dmbhosting.co.uk

Those IPs belong to TheUKCloud so it may be that they pulled the servers. Therefore no DNS being servered up and everything goes down.

If you have a server based on 213.5.178.16-30 213.5.178.70-89 range I wouldn't expect them to be online too much longer as their are also invoices outstanding.

I probably shouldn't be giving out this info, however I really cannot see any benefit from not informing customers who may have chance to save data.

• @httpzoom said: I probably shouldn't be giving out this info, however I really cannot see any benefit from not informing customers who may have chance to save data.

I guess customers had enough time for that (1 month? maybe more).

edited March 2012

I guess the writing was on the wall. From what I heard about DMB it was all running well, until we reviewed their billing/hardware and then typed "DMBHosting" into hosting

• jhjh Member
    edited March 2012

@httpzoom said: Those IPs belong to TheUKCloud so it may be that they pulled the servers

Nothing has been pulled, yet though there does seem to be an issue with that server which requires reboots every so often. Anyway, I'm waiting for someone to contact me with what's happening with the company exactly. I'm aware of Daimon's situation but I want to know from Amol what we're doing with the colo.

• @DotVPS DMEHosting != DMBHosting

Thanked by 1yomero
  • i also reveived the mail.
    so, that's all? just say quit and take the money away?
    i think there're many annual customer, no refund for them? the server was always down, never use that vps for normal use for a while

• jon617jon617 Veteran

Too bad. I was actually quite happy with the overall service (good performance, bandwidth, price). A few things I do appreciate a lot:

1) Notifications and apologies like this one.
    2) My VPS is online (at least for the moment) so if I had anything to move off it, I could.
    3) The effort to find a company to take on the business, including its debts, is a nice thing to do to customers. Sounds like it still has a shot to happen, hope it does.

I guess I am not angry because I did not prepay like it sounds others have. My unpaid monthly bill was actually due yesterday.

To those who prepaid and are owed, hopefully you paid with a credit card through 2checkout and can open a dispute with your credit card company. Should be pretty easy, since you were dealing with a real business with a VAT number and not a fly-by-night operation. If you paid through Paypal, I think it's not easy but still worth a shot. However, be fair and see what happens over the next few days, because if a company comes in and offers to keep your services online minus the refunds for your downtime, then it would only be fair to drop your dispute, in my opinion.

Thanked by 1NanoG6

Jon,

This is exactly correct. Just because we have looked and cannot find a way to make the current business work that is not to say someone out there will not be prepared to take on the debt + ongoing costs. Amol is working hard to keep it all together and I do not envy his task.

One thing that concerns me is that customers have been emailing HTTP Simple and appear to now think that DMB Hosting is turning into HTTP Simple, this is simply not true and we have no association with any of the owners of DMB Hosting and have actually been around a lot longer.

We were working on a way to help existing customers out with 2 week trials of services etc and this would take place under a newly establish brand HTTP Zoom.

If anyone has any concerns or would like to ask any questions about HTTP Zoom they can be directed to [email protected]. We do not have access to any customer information or data from the DMB Hosting servers / billing area.

If anyone has any questions about current DMB Services they should be directed to DMB Hosting via its official channels.

• JacobJacob Member

This certainly is a mess, Do DMBHosting colocate with James @ Science Park facility? If so are you wanting to sell off any assets?

Let me know as soon as possible.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2012

I live in the same area as Daimon and could have put a proposal his way if he was around. So if anybody sees this that works with DMB get in touch with me!

• jhjh Member
    edited March 2012

@Jacob said: This certainly is a mess, Do DMBHosting colocate with James @ Science Park facility? If so are you wanting to sell off any assets?

I would contact Amol about this - this might work out well for everyone

• Does anyone know the current state of play with DMB Hosting - I had a service from them which has been down for some time now.
    I paid up front for the year and, after less than 2 months, everything appears to have gone.

• I have been trying to get in touch with anybody that cares about DMB with a proposal of buying there remaining customers, but apparently nobody is interested.

I don't even think Amol is from the UK.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2012

@VMPort said: I have been trying to get in touch with anybody that cares about DMB with a proposal of buying there remaining customers, but apparently nobody is interested.

We tried to do the same. We found out that the profit/expense ratio was quite skewed, then Amol proposed a partnership where he would have 50% of our existing company. No no...

There was also interest in selling it outright, but when a company that's not making a profit has a lot of bills piling up, it's difficult to make a worthwhile bid.

I guess it was let go too far.

• @Damian said: We tried to do the same. We found out that the profit/expense ratio was quite skewed, then Amol proposed a partnership where he would have 50% of our existing company. No no...

The thing is i live in the same town as Daimon and still cant get in touch with him directly :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@VMPort try putting up signs on lampposts? :p

As tempting as it can be to try and buy and bail out a failing company it is hard to get the sellers expectations to be realistic as they tend to put an emotional price on the business rather than a value.

If a company buys $1,000,000 of stock and sells it all for $1,000,010 they are only worth $10 at the end of the day regardless of what any other figures say and without a growth factor coupled with the fact that any existing customers will probably drop by 80% due to these issues, they should be giving it away to save face possible retaining a very small share e.g. 5 - 10% with a buy back option after xx years.

• @AnthonySmith

We weren't going to take on there debt or hardware, we were merely going to offer to buy there remaining clients and move them to our hardware.

But it seems even that is not on the cards. I think there is a lot more going off here than what has been announced. Amol is apparently from India. How did a bloke from Rotherham end up in a partnership with someone from India, it doesn't sit right with me.