Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with WSI.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with WSI.

frzzlfrzzl Member
edited December 2013 in General

Just a friendly warning to everyone concerning WholeSale Internet and their fraudulent practice.

This weekend I sent WSI an email and indicated that I wanted my hosting service with them terminated. They replied and told me they would forward my request to their cancellations department on Monday.

Around 5 AM today (Monday morning) KC time, I received 2 emails from them. One was an invoice for the next month of services. The second email thanked me for paying my invoice...
That's right. I verified my credit card charges, and sure enough - they went ahead and fraudulently charged my credit card.

Wholesale Internet does not have an automatic billing system in place. Instead, they require customers to pay their invoices manually. They took it upon themselves to ensure they could squeeze one last payment out of me after I indicated I no longer wished to continue my services with them.

This company is a joke and engages in fraudulent behavior. Stay away from them, and don't trust them with your personal credit card information. Their management console does not offer customers the ability to cancel hosting services; now I understand why.

These guys are a small hosting company. Cancellations department? Really?

Initially I was skeptical of these hosting providers in KC offering bargain prices on dedicated servers, but the positive reviews swayed me and I thought I would give a budget hosting provider a shot. What a mistake that was.

It seems you really do get what you pay for with hosting providers.

AVOID WHOLESALE INTERNET AT ALL COSTS.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Have you asked them what's up? This could be a simple internal communication issue.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Few key questions:

1) When was your service due to naturally expire?

2) When you say they charged your card was it a direct charge to your card or via a linked paypal etc account?

They have been around a long time, they have many positive reviews and they are not that small. I assume you opened a ticket to discuss the mater before plastering this on the internet and was unable to reach a mutual conclusion?

• and if @frzzl didn't contact the provider directly to clarify any miscommunication issue and check out their standing point before posting here, this is yet another confirmation that two thirds of people on LET uses this site just to spew out their hatred and frustrations.

you need to grow up and see the world in a different perspective.

I'm not taking sides, but when in conflict or disagreement with someone it is common sense to contact the other party before reaching a false conclusion.

• AnthonySmith said: I assume you opened a ticket to discuss the mater before plastering this on the internet and was unable to reach a mutual conclusion?

It seems he did not do it yet. It may be as simple as they did not look after your cancellation request yet but their billing software charged the next month as you were on due date.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited December 2013

IMHO most dedi providers requires you to submit your cancellation 20 working days before your next billing due, whereas Saturday & Sunday is not accounted, so practically you have to submit your cancellation 25 days of month before your next billing due.

Unlike VPS, plugging out a dedicated server cannot be done simply by a single button on a control panel.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Their billing department is off the office during the weekend. If you have send billing ticket to them during weekend, they will not see your ticket until their Monday working hours.

You were invoiced by their automatic billing software.

You should ask for refund and they will refund you, they are reputable provider, they have no interest in stealing your money.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

There is more to it. As always.

Customer emailed to have service cancelled outside of normal operating hours. Was informed the billing department would be open on Monday and would look at it at that time. Pretty standard.

Their payment system is set to auto-deduct card payments at 5am. Pretty simple to realize this.

So the service was technically never cancelled. The bill was due on Monday, it was paid on Monday.

Instead of crying scam and all the other baloney, why not contact them?

Thanked by 1rds100
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@MCHPhil said:
    There is more to it. As always.

Customer emailed to have service cancelled outside of normal operating hours. Was informed the billing department would be open on Monday and would look at it at that time. Pretty standard.

Their payment system is set to auto-deduct card payments at 5am. Pretty simple to realize this.

So the service was technically never cancelled. The bill was due on Monday, it was paid on Monday.

Instead of crying scam and all the other baloney, why not contact them?

This and exactly this.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • hey guys. wasn't expecting replies this quickly. Will read and reply

• @frzzl said:
    hey guys. wasn't expecting replies this quickly. Will read and reply

so how did it go? We demand a conclusion to this drama.

• So interesting to watch replies. When WSI is being slashed, almost all replies are on the defense of WSI. And the OP never replied.

• @john_k said:
    and if frzzl didn't contact the provider directly to clarify any miscommunication issue and check out their standing point before posting here, this is yet another confirmation that two thirds of people on LET uses this site just to spew out their hatred and frustrations.

1. Provider was contacted and given a chance to fix problem.
    2. You forgot the part about the providers posting fake reviews on LET.

They f*cked up. End of story.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited December 2013

@dnwk it's because unreasonable customers in general lead to higher cost of business and rising the prices for everyone, including the genuine reasonable customers.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

@frzzl said:

It's Monday morning, 7 AM in KC :P How did you contact them and they f*ck it up again?

WSI and fake reviews on LET? Doubtful they need this forum to survive.

• @trewq said:
    Have you asked them what's up? This could be a simple internal communication issue.

They seem to be better at damage control on LET than fulfilling a customer's legitimate request to cancel an account.

• Billing departments work mostly at business hours.There is no need to be impatient at all.

• I read their policy and ensured there was no minimum cancellation time. I gave them a week.

WSI were notified on several occasions that I did not want my services renewed but they failed to reply to me.

I gave WSI plenty of time to cancel my services with them. With my services renewing today, I wanted to ensure I would not get billed and sent them one final email yesterday.Not only did WSI fail to cancel my service agreement, but they managed to bill me. After having a week to cancel said service. Double fail. Class A retards.

Seriously. How many excuses are you guys going to come up with for these losers.

The positive reviews surrounding WSI hinge primarily on uptime and value, nothing else.

Interesting how even though I made a request during non-business hours, there's someone here from WSI, during non-business hours, confirming my billing due date on a forum, yet WSI has still not cancelled my plan. Apparently damage control is more important to WSI than fulfilling cancellation requests.

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    IMHO most dedi providers requires you to submit your cancellation 20 working days before your next billing due, whereas Saturday & Sunday is not accounted, so practically you have to submit your cancellation 25 days of month before your next billing due.

Unlike VPS, plugging out a dedicated server cannot be done simply by a single button on a control panel.

I verified all this ahead of time. No cancellation time requirements. They had 5 business days to cancel my account.

The only time they managed to automatically bill me was when I indicated that I wanted my service plan terminated. Now that's dubious.

• You understand your story has changed now :P

First, it was, this weekend. That implies the most recent weekend to have past. So Saturday and Sunday, the 14th and 15th.

Now it's been over a week?

Which is it...

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @frizl said: They had 5 business days to cancel my account.

@frizl said: This weekend I sent WSI an email

Which is it?

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Microlinux said:
    Which is it?

Sooo.... did you send an email a week ago? or was it over the weekend when billing departments typically don't work?

Did you consider opening a trouble ticket in their system and getting a confirmation saying CANCELLATION RECEIVED or something like that?

• @frzzl said:

File a chargeback if you want, it was their automated system who charged you, I am sure they have no interest in taking 20 bucks away from you, your cancellation request was not processed over the weekend.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

@zhuanyi said:
    File a chargeback if you want

Great advice. < / sarcasm >

Why not show them a little respect and open a ticket and work it out like a man? I mean after you come into a public place and call them scammers and fraudulent etc. With NO proof whatsoever.

• Why don't you call them.. 816-256-3031. Their number is on their website.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

typical "The rules of common sense do not apply to me person"

This review/ post is a fraud, just someone stamping their feet because they don't like the consequence of their own mistakes.

• There is fraudrecord for this kind of customers.

http://www.fraudrecord.com/

• Ladies!

Final email was sent yesterday, which was the only one which received a reply.

First email was sent over a week ago (7 days)

5 days = 1 week - weekend

How many "chances" do they deserve? Whats is this, the reach-around mafia?

• MCHPhil said: Great advice. < / sarcasm >

Why not show them a little respect and open a ticket and work it out like a man? I mean after you come into a public place and call them scammers and fraudulent etc. With NO proof whatsoever.

Well, if the OP is so childish and calling them scam in the first day he sent in the cancellation ticket, then filing a chargeback is probably the quickest way to get things sorted out.

• frzzl said: Interesting how even though I made a request during non-business hours, there's someone here from WSI, during non-business hours, confirming my billing due date on a forum, yet WSI has still not cancelled my plan.

Just curious, which forum and what was the username that replied to you?

• @frzzl said:
    First email was sent over a week ago (7 days)

5 days = 1 week - weekend

Screenshot?

Thanked by 1MCHPhil