Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ftp problem?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ftp problem?

edited March 2012 in General

was wondering, i just reinstalled fresh version of debian 32bit and cant upload files bigger then 10kb or anything, it just get's stuck at "4096" bytes while being uploaded? anyone have this issue? this is really annoying when putting up my live forum then when I try to edit my shit I cant, lol

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1136226

see my thread

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Have you asked the host if they have a firewall on their end? It's possible they forgot to load some of the _ftp modules :S

Francisco

• i just asked my host to check they uploaded 200mb files no problem

i think it's my ftp.... i am using file zilla any others?i fresh install 32bit and rebooted my modem WTFfffffffffff

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

you could try using SCP/SFTP?

Have you tried to any other FTP's minus your own?

Francisco

• edited March 2012

Im using SFTP As we speak, I even install VSFTP and tried the normal way, it's still not working... it always get stuck at 4096 BYTES.. I can upload with mediafire/etc with 20mb files, so it's a issue with the ftp program i think, i rebooted modem, restarted pc... iuno what to do, no firewall here, or nothing, this is really weird.

Im going to try a different ftp program, i doubt it tho

this shouldn't happen though, i reinstalld my freaking os with all ym goodies on it just because i thought it was a 64bit problem, this is retarded im raged

• blah restarted my pc for a second time now it's working?

this is retarded, if it ever get's stuck again im not just going to reinstall my OS just because, im going to try to restart computer lol, but damn bro this retarded im so mad i had to reinstall for no reason was my fault but w/e

f ftp and f filezilla LOL

• dnomdnom Member

@monkuar said: restart computer

That's the next thing I do when google refuse to give me the solution within five minutes. If it still failed, the third step is to cross my fingers and restart it again. :D Reinstalling the OS is around step 100. somewhere near step 1000 is to buy a new PC.
    With my OVZ LEB though, reinstalling the OS is around step 10 :D

• classic microsoft solution: kick the restart button.