Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AWS $100 Credit, Good for 60 days | December 31st is the last day to claim.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AWS $100 Credit, Good for 60 days | December 31st is the last day to claim.

PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
edited December 2013 in General

I needed a xen vm with alot of cpu for a few days and found this offer from amazon, $100 of ec2 credit and doesn't look like anyone has shared it here yet. http://aws.amazon.com/powerof60/ Standard hourly pricing here http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/

Thanked by 1howardsl2

Comments

• This maybe? Might not be the exact same though.

• If anyone here plans on doing this, I can help you with setting up a quick CPU mining script! It can be setup to mine Quark, Primecoins or Protoshares! Pm me and I can surely guide you towards the right direction.
    FYI you can trade CPU coins for BTC on multiple exchanges! Totally worth it, imo.
    Free money! :D

• @setsure i tried looking up the link I put above and didn't find the post. Sorry for the double post, i suppose anyone who missed it before can now know.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited December 2013

@PcJamesy said:
    setsure i tried looking up the link I put above and didn't find the post. Sorry for the double post, i suppose anyone who missed it before can now know.

Not really chastising you over it, the other thread is pretty old anyway.

• @Setsura the last day to sign up for it is the 31st so atlest a few more people can get it.

• @PcJamesy said:
    Setsura the last day to sign up for it is the 31st so atlest a few more people can get it.

Yeah I actually signed up for it when that other thread was posted, I never redeemed my code lol. Just now tried, it still works. Not sure what to do with it.

• KBVE said: It can be setup to mine Quark, Primecoins or Protoshares!

Thats all worthless shit, what about Dogecoins?

• Tried signing up for this last time and never got an email or anything

• @fcfc mine took about ten minutes to get

• @PcJamesy Thank you for the reminder... I saw the older post but never applied. Just got my code today.

• Confusing lingo...

• extremezextremez Member
    edited December 2013

@KBVE said:
    If anyone here plans on doing this, I can help you with setting up a quick CPU mining script! It can be setup to mine Quark, Primecoins or Protoshares! Pm me and I can surely guide you towards the right direction.
    FYI you can trade CPU coins for BTC on multiple exchanges! Totally worth it, imo.
    Free money! :D

i use gpu instance for mining litecoin. Got 1 ltc for free :D

• I would rather pay some bucks to get a lowend vps than to sign this kind of trial products. But thanks for sharing.

• @extremez if you get a GPU instance, then yeah, you should totally use it to mine a couple GPU coins.
    Nothing is more powerful than free money.

• Site not working for me... anyone could help? Or they canceled the promo now?? :O

• need valid CC :(

• This had been shared before.

• Is there a way to check how much of the credits is already used?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Is there a way to check how much of the credits is already used?

under the billing there is a credits button

• PcJamesy said: under the billing there is a credits button

How often does it update? I've used an EC2 instance yesterday evening but it still says 100$ remaining

• i added valid cc and get verified after that added the coupon to my acc but they suspended my acc -.- so i dont understand this coupon thing fully :S if i use an instance they dont used my promo credits only wanna charge my card?

• ChanChan Member
    edited December 2013

KBVE said: If anyone here plans on doing this, I can help you with setting up a quick CPU mining script! It can be setup to mine Quark, Primecoins or Protoshares! Pm me and I can surely guide you towards the right direction. FYI you can trade CPU coins for BTC on multiple exchanges! Totally worth it, imo. Free money! :D

You should use cudaminer on the g2.2xlarge instances lol, you can get around 150khash on the GPU (Nvidia Grid K520, roughly the same as a 680) and also 30khash on the CPU at the same time!

• RamiRami Member
    edited December 2013

gsrdgrdghd said: How often does it update? I've used an EC2 instance yesterday evening but it still says 100$ remaining

First when you create new AWS account you get 750 hours/month of t1.micro for 1 year

second if you go over the free tier you will be charged and you can check it when you go to Account Activity>Details>Expand All Services here you will see how much credit you used but it will not be charged from the $100 until the end of the month

• I don't see any $100 credit. Is there any coupon to claim the $100 credit?

• @MiniVZ said:
    I don't see any $100 credit. Is there any coupon to claim the $100 credit?

You're too late.