Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

MyCustomHosting.net 1 month review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyCustomHosting.net 1 month review

agonyztagonyzt Member
edited December 2013 in Reviews

Howdy gents -

Here is a quick review of MCH after 1 month with their 1GB KVM plan in Beauharnois (OVH Canada).

Performance: Very solid. I've an Atom D425 Kimsufi in the same datacenter and this VPS is just better on every aspect (minus HDD space and amount of RAM).

Network: Fast and reliable. The OVH network is really good in North America, so connectivity to the VPS is just as good. In my opinion, the location is perfect to serve content in both Canada/USA and Europe. As much as OVH has a bad reputation on this forum (apparently), I can only recommend them... especially their Canadian datacenter, it's just that good.

Control panel: Standard SolusVM for KVM. Everything works just fine. Only thing that is disabled is the Reverse DNS option, you have to open a ticket.

Customer service: @MCHPhil answers tickets very fast. Non-VPS related issues get resolved very quickly too. I opened a ticket to set my Reverse DNS and it got done a few minutes later. I feel like the guy knows what he's doing. However, make sure you don't contact him about your VPS (especially if you have any problem with your network configuration). You might not like his reply... trust me.

Price: Amazing! 1GB KVM with 3 cores for 24$ a year? Geez! For the performance and reliability you get, it's a steal!

Overall: Even though I feel like I got treated as a second-class customer when I contacted their support for a weird gateway issue (would work 50% of the time for no apparent reason), I still think it's a good investment. For the price, the VPS is just amazing. So if you're the kind of person who never contacts support and you're looking for a great (and cheap) VPS in Canada, I think MCH is very worth it.

Friendly suggestion to @MCHPhil: I seriously recommend you to try and work on your attitude toward customers because you really have a great service. I understand you don't want to spend too much time helping/debugging everyone and their mother since it's unmanaged, but if you can communicate in a way that makes your customers feel valuable, I'm sure your business would really benefit from it. You have a solid product (unlike a lot of providers here), your support is fast, all it's missing is that "extra care" and I believe you could be among the top providers on LET/LEB.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

said: OVH has a bad reputation on this forum (apparently)

Many providers were kicked from OVH and in other cases had to leave because OVH changed the terms.
    It is also that OVH is so cheap and it is considered that people saving money on OVH are trying to scam their customers by actually turning a profit.
    One other issue is their frequent policy changes, but I feel they are starting to get it right lately perhaps there is hope.