Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS provider recommendation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS provider recommendation

All,

For my first VPS, I signed up with UGVPS. Everything worked well for the first month or so, then there were problems. For example, right now, I cannot SSH connect to my server or get email, but the web-based front-end is working. (Last week, it was down doe more than 12 hours.) Based on my reading here, I see that I may have made a bad choice choosing my service provider.

The reason I picked them, of course, was money. The demands on my server are quite minimal - primarily handling email (say 1000 incoming per day (mostly spam) and 50 outbound) and an infrequently-visited website.

I used webmin (public domain) to set up my server and according to its System Status page, my server is using 400 MB of memory and 3 GB of disk.

Can someone recommend a reliable, low-cost provider for my needs? (My instinct was to try ChicagoVPS, but some reading here suggests that they and UGVPS may be one and the same...)

Thank you.

Comments