Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows keys
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows keys

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Anyone knows where I can get a legit Windows server key? I want to use BlueVM's KVM but I need a key, and 180 trial can work for me, but then?

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Get a VPS from a provider with SPLA agreement, then you get a legit licensed copy of windows that you can run as long as you want.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    Get a VPS from a provider with SPLA agreement, then you get a legit licensed copy of windows that you can run as long as you want.

care to share anyone CHEAP and reputable?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited December 2013

@serverian what happened with your windows brand, is it running yet?

In all cases BUYING your own legit keys from Microsoft is not going to be cheap at all.

rds100 said: In all cases BUYING your own legit keys from Microsoft

I know :( I quoted a retail one and it was aprox. $1,000 so that's a no-no. Maybe a SPLA key? a MSDN key? I don't know

• ewwinkewwink Member
    edited December 2013

Windows Product Key is not required for this 180-Day Evaluation Edition. , try http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dn205286.aspx

- Register, then download and install full-featured software for a 180-day trial
    - Receive emails with resources to guide you through your evaluation

• SPLA is the "cheapest" key you could get. All other channels or means of obtaining keys would either be more expensive, or not suitable for commercial use.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We have SPLA option in IWStack, Standard 2012 and 2008r2. It costs 9 Eur a month extra for the license.

• I think buyvm includes windows 2003 license with their KVM VPS's..

there is also this from corgitech:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/17842/windows-vps-for-7-month-for-life-cyber-monday-extension/p1

• Windows Server licenses are spendy. You can use a desktop edition license (Windows 7, XP, etc.) though for cheaper.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Buyvm, licenses for 2003 and 2008.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Join Bizspark

Thanks guys, let me check that options

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

why mention BlueVM's KVM

you could just ask for "where to find legit win key?"

or is this some advertising stunt....

Because maybe they manage keys. @agentmishra are you new here? BC calling me that is not even accurate.

edited December 2013

@agentmishra said:
    why mention BlueVM's KVM

you could just ask for "where to find legit win key?"

or is this some advertising stunt....

Nope @netomx is legit, good people.

Thanked by 1tux
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

ok @Jarland, sorry

edited December 2013

@jarland you forgot to say: hot handsome bitch-lover Mexican!

Ahaha men I am in such good mood, thanks LET for the weekend drama

@netomx said:
    jarland you forgot to say: hot handsome bitch-lover Mexican!

Ahaha men I am in such good mood, thanks LET for the weekend drama

Also he has a mustache that has been known to attract ladies from a hundred miles in every direction.

@jarland said:
    Also he has a mustache that has been known to attract ladies from a hundred miles in every direction.

man, you really know me! hahaha

• Our offer include license (using SPLA). Also it's illegal for hosting company to use not SPLA license for hosting

@iconvergence said:
    Our offer include license (using SPLA). Also it's illegal for hosting company to use not SPLA license for hosting

you aren't in US, right?

• bigv.io licenses are £1 per GB RAM per month.

@xmob said:
    bigv.io licenses are £1 per GB RAM per month.

You mean 10, not 1.

• No, I don't. The license is an additional £1 per month on top of the VM price.

I suppose it doesn't help if you want to use BlueVM, though.

• @netomx said:
    you aren't in US, right?

For now, only old offer have US server. Looking for colocation & managed for end december but deal is not yet done.

current website offer is only france & germany

• skaska Member
    edited December 2013

@netomx said:
    Anyone knows where I can get a legit Windows server key? I want to use BlueVM's KVM but I need a key, and 180 trial can work for me, but then?

I don't know how far each key is limited to one language. If not you could try buying Windows Server keys from .de Ebay. German Supreme court allows legally re-selling software keys. So most Windows keys you'll find on .de Ebay from professional sellers are OEM or Systembuilder-Keys that are around 30-100 Euro.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

From experience (installing various OEM builds of client versions), you can use a key regardless of language to install the english us version. You can then install the language pack of your choice, but from foreign language->your language, that is not possible iirc. There are some limitations, for example on regions but never had to install LATAM or other non-EMEA versions of keys.

Thanks for all your information, will check @ska one