Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know a webhost which provides free webhosting with these stuffs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone know a webhost which provides free webhosting with these stuffs?

rahulksrahulks Member
edited December 2013 in Help

Comments

• No. But i wonder, who still recommends CentOS 5 and why?

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited December 2013

@rds100

I wanted to host a game panel called swift panel.Its developement is now stopped.So its website is not updated.I am okay with debian or ubuntu or Cent OS.

• And you are looking for "free webhosting" Sigh...

• Why dont you just get one of @Jack's $10 a year VPSes and install whatever you want yourself?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

look at freewebhosting

• @rahulks said:

Square7 allows such stuff. However no SSH-extension, but they allow sockets. Maybe you can archive the same with that.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I could probably add another free account but there is no chance of ssh.

• If it's running on PHP, how much would the OS really matter? Why not get a cheap VPS and set up your own server for it?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Stopped development cant be good news, it might have known vulnerabilities.

Thanked by 1tux
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@rahulks said:
    I wanted to host a game panel called swift panel.Its developement is now stopped.So its website is not updated.I am okay with debian or ubuntu or Cent OS.

It stopped being developed because it was shit. I was an alpha tester because I thought it had potential. Don't waste your time. You can easily throw together your own game panel in php for personal use.

• @rahulks said:

This doesn't look like web hosting to me. What type of web site engine requires SSH and a particular OS?

• I would stay away from that game panel. The latest version is not safe and never will be. You should set up your own scripts, there's plenty of info out there.