Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Minds down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Minds down?

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

My VM and website both seem to be down o_O can't open support ticket.

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
  • Everything is down..

• Yes its down.I have vps with them.Also their website is also down.

• It's a Colo@ outage in Clifton.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • NoermanNoerman Member
    edited December 2013

I have 2 VPS with them. All down.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I can confirm its a colo@ outage and not a dedicated minds related outage.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Confirmed down

• vps are down.

i hope they work it out soon.

phones are ringing .....

• Down all, their site, and my VPS :(

• BACK online now

• My container is still down, main website is back up though.

• My VPS was also offline, but the VPS was not started automaticly after the host got online again.

Any word on "what" happened ?

• 99.99% Guaranteed Uptime ...

• ReeceReece Member
    edited December 2013

We've had someone really testing our patience over the past few days, small inbound DDOS attacks every few hours along with being pinned down Today.

Services in New Jersey especially NJVZ-1 are back online, an email will be out shortly with full information as we continue our investigation.

We've had delivery of our new nodes today, Dual E5's, 64 -128GB RAM, 8x SATA Storage + LSI RAID, they could of come sooner as we've piled quite a lot into improvements of Dedicated Minds.

For those who have experienced downtime, please open a ticket and we'll add a 15% discount onto your next billing term for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, i can assure you all that we're investigating the issue and removing any unfriendly clients of our network to prevent further problems for our clients.

I might also add that Colo@ themselves also appear to be having issues in Clifton from other reports.

If you have any further questions please email us.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • Another update, still have some problems the server is now is asking for FSCK.

Please await further updates while we get to the bottom of this.

• yea
    cant login to open ticket.
    ddos

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Waiting for our resident tin-foil hat crew to point out this is a DDoS ordered and executed by CC.
    Grabbing popcorn

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited December 2013

my vm's still down..no email, nothing. Asked for refund, we'll see.

Thanked by 1Steven_F
  • Maounique said: Waiting for our resident tin-foil hat crew to point out this is a DDoS ordered and executed by CC.

Grabbing popcorn

Stir that pot.

Thanked by 2Spirit Infinity
  • all my vps are back online now

had to reboot the second

• Most VPS's are back online now, we're rebooting the ones remaining email should be with everyone shortly.

We're experiencing some high loads due to all of the containers starting, it will level out soon but we'll be monitoring it anyhow.

@Jack, we've been in contact with Colo@ they confirmed the server needed to run a FSCK while investigating the issue with us.

• Finally online, and then going off again, on and off...

• Well, shit happen guys. Give him chance.

• Agreed. Let give Reece another chance.

• My server was down for over 10 seconds, deadpool? I demand a refund! chargeback! scammer!.. Did I hit them all?

• The quality of the uptime with Reece makes up for a little downtime once in a while.

• I'm just very disappointed with the communication. It took approximately 9 hours for Reece to comment and that was only on a forum. The e-mail came in 2 and a half hours AFTER that. I think that this was pretty poorly handled. Notifications should have been sent out ASAP and Reece should have been on this from the start.

I'm not complaining about the service, its been stellar for the past month and a half until now. What I am upset about is the lack of communication. I expect and understand downtime, I even expect delayed and slower reactions because these are LEB, but communication is key.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • Give him chance, his situation can be happen to anyone. I'm sure Reece will do something better from this situation

• @Steven_F said:
    I'm just very disappointed with the communication. It took approximately 9 hours for Reece to comment and that was only on a forum. The e-mail came in 2 and a half hours AFTER that. I think that this was pretty poorly handled. Notifications should have been sent out ASAP and Reece should have been on this from the start.

I'm not complaining about the service, its been stellar for the past month and a half until now. What I am upset about is the lack of communication. I expect and understand downtime, I even expect delayed and slower reactions because these are LEB, but communication is key.

That is understood, it could of been handled a lot better I'll be the first to admit that sadly at the time our client portal was also being hit (and is still being targeted now) we've been working to resolve the main issue which was NJVz1 being down, we were continuously chucked in and out of the server while attempting to track down the target. In the end the server crashed which forced us to have to restart with a FSCK check this caused a further downtime.

Sadly this has also hit us at a time where we was adding new servers and changing our internal systems about a bit so this has also been delayed.

Once again we cannot apologise enough for the downtime, we've done our best to get services restored as quickly as possible.

Just a note: We believe we have tracked down the client in question causing us to get DDOS'd and applied nullroutes to other IP's which were also being a nuisance on the node.

• Reece should be given a chance he is proving very good services.Their network+hardware both are top notch.