Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wtd: Dedicated server with multiple cores (More the better!), Located anywhere
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wtd: Dedicated server with multiple cores (More the better!), Located anywhere

I'm looking for a dedicated server with multiple cores at a good price. Memory, hd space, bandwidth, location etc are not important.
Thanks

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i would agree with fliphost/cloudshard @concerto49, or quickpacket @qps or volumedrive @volumedrive, you may also look forward for datashak @earl

Thanked by 1qps
  • @windswept321, what are you mining? :P

• @agentmishra said:
    i would agree with fliphost/cloudshard concerto49, or quickpacket qps or volumedrive volumedrive, you may also look forward for datashak earl

Volumedrive? you are kidding right?

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu

dear @Makkesk8 why should i be kidding, volume drive @volumedrive is one among the cheapest...

• @agentmishra said:
    dear Makkesk8 why should i be kidding, volume drive volumedrive is one among the cheapest...

Click on my username and then look at one of the discussions I've started.

dear @mcmyhost, i know that, but your posting over LET or datasales suing volumedrive @volumedrive, cannot deny the fact that VD is one among the cheapest provider...

and yes, i have also seen all the pdf's related to the mentioned suit.

apple, microsoft, blackberry, samsung, nokia, motorola, acer, hp, ibm, oracle, ZTE, Huawei and many more hace suit's on them

either they they are plaintiff or defendants

but we do not

1. conclude the verdict of the case by our self...

2. we do not stop using their products...

3. they do not become less potential providers in their sector...

if there is a law suit against VD, so be it, let them be proved as guilty, let them get and face the punishment...

but all of this has got nothing to do with the class and quality of the serivce they provide...

VD was and VD is, i would say the cheapest provider.

and by the way, @mcmyhost, if you got any thing personal with @volumedrive, throw it open, cos people out here do not go posting about other law suits of either datasales or other IT corporates.

any ways, i just mean to say yes atleast i can count on VD

@volumedrive, may be the right LETer to better comment on this and the ONE major thread @mcmyhost has posted...

Thanked by 1volumedrive
  • @agentmishra said:
    dear mcmyhost, i know that, but your posting over LET or datasales suing volumedrive volumedrive, cannot deny the fact that VD is one among the cheapest provider...

apple, microsoft, blackberry, samsung, nokia, motorola, acer, hp, ibm, oracle, ZTE, Huawei and many more hace suit's on them

but we do not

if there is a law suit against VD, so be it, let them be proved as guilty, let them get and face the punishment...

but all of this has got nothing to do with the class and quality of the serivce they provide...

and by the way, mcmyhost, if you got any thing personal with volumedrive, throw it open, cos people out here do not go posting about other law suits of either datasales or other IT corporates.

volumedrive, may be the right LETer to better comment on this and the ONE major thread mcmyhost has posted...

I have nothing personal with VD and really do hope that they can resolve this. However, I would not (in the best interest of a potential client) recommend them until it is resolved. It is to risky in the present. (and they do have not-so-nice past)

edited December 2013

yup that may be the one flip side of the coin

• javajjavaj Member
    edited December 2013

@agentmishra said:
    dear mcmyhost, i know that, but your posting over LET or datasales suing volumedrive volumedrive, cannot deny the fact that VD is one among the cheapest provider...

but we do not

and by the way, mcmyhost, if you got any thing personal with volumedrive, throw it open, cos people out here do not go posting about other law suits of either datasales or other IT corporates.

volumedrive, may be the right LETer to better comment on this and the ONE major thread mcmyhost has posted...

Ok, but knowing what you know and reading those documents which state that volumedrive walked off with (which basically equates to stealing) a leasing companies hardware after owing close to a years worth of payments. How can you in good conscience recommend a company like that? A company that has been known to screw over every data center they have been with, owing large sums of money, and a company which is probably going to be dead soon, that or have their servers confiscated by a sheriffs dept.

That is like recommending someone rent someone else's stolen hardware. and yes apple, microsoft, blackberry, samsung, nokia yada, yada, yada... have also had lawsuits against them but thats 99.9% of the time over patent's, not walking off with someone else's hardware.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

We have the following available:

Dual Xeon L5420, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB Hard Drive $49.99

Dual Xeon L5520, 24 GB RAM, 1 TB Hard Drive $54.99

Both include 5 IP addresses, dedicated KVM over IP / IPMI, and 20 TB bandwidth in Atlanta, GA.

@javaj said:

Ok, but knowing what you know and reading those documents which state that volumedrive walked off with (which basically equates to stealing) a leasing companies hardware after owing close to a years worth of payments. How can you in good conscience recommend a company like that? A company that has been known to screw over every data center they have been with, owing large sums of money, and a company which is probably going to be dead soon, that or have their servers confiscated by a sheriffs dept.

That is like recommending someone rent someone else's stolen hardware. and yes apple, microsoft, blackberry, samsung, nokia yada, yada, yada... have also had lawsuits against them but thats 99.9% of the time over patent's, not walking off with someone else's hardware.

do you have evidence of that?

and yes infringing upon patents is stealing...

• @agentmishra said:
    and yes infringing upon patents is stealing...

That's a more vague area. Is the patent in question valid? Have they refused to license under certain agreements? Some common technology patents have to be licensed out by law.

• Read! There are plenty of statements out there. Just read the pdf's for the court case going on. Do you think a leasing company is going to go after a customer for no reason? Going to federal court costs tons of money, no one in there right mind is going to sue someone in federal court without substantial evidence. Burst.net said they were going to sue them too.

• @mcmyhost said:
    I have nothing personal with VD and really do hope that they can resolve this. However, I would not (in the best interest of a potential client) recommend them until it is resolved. It is to risky in the present. (and they do have not-so-nice past)

We can assure you that we are not going anywhere, have a strong case and wouldn't be providing services if we weren't in a good position.

• volumedrivevolumedrive Member
    edited December 2013

@javaj said:
    Read! There are plenty of statements out there. Just read the pdf's for the court case going on. Do you think a leasing company is going to go after a customer for no reason? Going to federal court costs tons of money, no one in there right mind is going to sue someone in federal court without substantial evidence. Burst.net said they were going to sue them too.

BN has a case against absolutely nothing. If anything, we are bringing action against them for their actions and issues they have caused.

We can assure you that things are very much stable on our end, we have been delivering a very reliable and inexpensive hosting service on our own platform since our migration and will continue to do so for a long time to come.

• javajjavaj Member
    edited December 2013

I guess we'll see how it plays out in court, if it is as you state it is best of luck.