Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone from Chicagovps active in this forum??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone from Chicagovps active in this forum??

Big_BenBig_Ben Member
edited December 2013 in Providers

Would like to have a question answered and before I air any laundry i would like to give you an opportunity to speak with me. Thank you.

Comments

• Ask a mod or admin to do so

• Now I'm really curious why you made this thread in the first place.

• I originally had posted a question if someone in Chicagovps would answer a ticket I had created 2 days ago for sales, I then edited it to this title. After i did I got a generic answer from support (not sales) that didn't help at all. So I am going to again ask if anyone from Chicagovps sales will contact me or see ticket##OVS-732350.

• @Big_Ben said:
    I originally had posted a question if someone in Chicagovps would answer a ticket I had created 2 days ago for sales, I then edited it to this title. After i did I got a generic answer from support (not sales) that didn't help at all. So I am going to again ask if anyone from Chicagovps sales will contact me or see ticket##OVS-732350.

There are other providers here whom can provide a better performance if that is what you are looking for. As CVPS will be slow with tickets at the price point they sell at.

Catalysthost <-- Much better option.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Thanks, but made the possible mistake (not sure yet, going to give them a fair chance) to sign up for their cyber Monday sale of a 3 year deal for $60...so either someone helps me soon , or a chargeback may be in the future. I will be posting the entire conversation on my tickets if no one responds and I end up charging this back.

• From memory, their sales guys don't work the weekend so a two day delay over the weekend isn't unexpected...also, if you already bought, why contact sales?

• Lol, threatening to post the conversation and a charge back if they don't respond. I guess that's one way of getting more attention on your ticket.

• I am a fair and honest man (a former eagle scout), but only if treated fairly in return. I used to let people screw me over and just move on...NOW if you screw me over...look out. :)

• @Nekki I was told by support they were transferring the ticket to sales...which interestingly enough, I originally did lol.

• Sigh.

• @k0nsl said:
    Sigh.

Double sigh.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

@big_ben Message me

Thanked by 1Big_Ben
  • @k0nsl and @tchen ??? sigh at me for trusting CVPS, or the thread itself...or hell both lol.

• Big_BenBig_Ben Member
    edited December 2013

Message sent @CVPS_Chris. Thank you for responding. Please don't get me wrong...I really do want to be a strong supporter of CVPS...please just give me that opportunity to. Please just be fair and honest...is that really to much to expect in today's world (don't answer that lol).

• MunMun Member
    edited December 2013

Offensive message removed. S.

• @Big_Ben said:
    k0nsl and tchen ??? sigh at me for trusting CVPS, or the thread itself...or hell both lol.

Sorry, I get grumpy some days reading the umpteenth 'respond/cater to me or I'll post bad things about your company on public forums' so I apologize for being ambiguously terse. The sigh was directed at you. Cheers.

• @Mun hey thanks bud...always love the positive responses :P. Any particular reason you feel like calling me an idiot or just having a bad day and a dog was not nearby to kick. If you are calling me an idiot for trusting CVPS...that doesn't make me an idiot...too trusting possibly, but not an idiot.

• Big_BenBig_Ben Member
    edited December 2013

@tchen I did not say I was "going to post bad things" I said "I will be posting the entire conversation on my tickets if no one responds". Facts are different then lies.

• @Big_Ben said:
    Mun hey thanks bud...always love the positive responses :P. Any particular reason you feel like calling me an idiot or just having a bad day and a dog was not nearby to kick. If you are calling me an idiot for trusting CVPS...that doesn't make me an idiot...too trusting possibly, but not an idiot.

Read a review, you should understand soon after. You are not going to get any good performance on those oversold plans, none what so ever, and you are going to be dealing with so many problems, that you will be throwing away 180$.

Mun

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Let me tell you something. They are slow on tickets, but at least all my VPS have great uptime

• Haters haters haters...blah cvps is terrible blah blah

Get over it already. I'm a happy cvps customer, used them for over a year on 4 different servers in various locations. Maybe you need more hand holding though...

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited December 2013

@Mun said: Read a review, you should understand soon after. You are not going to get any good performance on those oversold plans, none what so ever, and you are going to be dealing with so many problems, that you will be throwing away 180$.

Actually, it's not as clear cut as you make it sound. While @CVPS_Chris ideas about customer service are way different from mine (and most other people's hereabouts, it seems), resulting in my not renewing multiple VMs as they expired, I still have 2 more VMs hosted with them that have been running very nicely for close to a year. They do seem to know what they are doing, technically speaking. And they do offer fantastic deals for your buck :)

This said, they have no inkling of what customer service means or (more likely) simply don't bother, perhaps having calculated it's cheaper for them to get a new signup than to deal with an existing "problem" customer. Take it or leave (it), bud! ;) To be perfectly fair, though, about a third of the time that I have opened tickets with any provider, it has turned out to be my fault. And I expect the average is much higher out there. Hence, @CVPS_Chris may have actually found the right recipe for running a successful LEB business ;)

Summing up, a pretty good VPS host overall and very good value for your money. That is, as long as you do your backups daily (or better yet - hourly!) and have another VM in reserve, ready to go at a moment's notice while you wait for ChicagoVPS to respond to your ticket in a meaningful way. Always keep in mind they are here to make money, not to hold your hand, and I think you should find their service pretty satisfactory. Me, I prefer a little bit of hand holding, so I educated myself to go against my natural urge to try to get something for nothing and to spend another couple of bucks per month with other providers, resulting in way better deals - from my point of view. However, if your hard earned buck is more important to you - as seems to be the case with many people here! - and you don't mind a bit of adventure, then ChicagoVPS is really one of the best deals around here ;)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2013

Like I have said before, I am not a fan for a variety of reasons but I have tried their service and it was reasonable.

If it works for you then that is all that matters. You read the reviews, you make your own choices.

I wonder if the "W1V_Lee" code still works :)

• @aglodek Dang..! As subtle as it could be, your language reminds me of Perry Como's "Killing Me Softly With Her Song"

Thanked by 1aglodek