Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virpus
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virpus

I noticed Virpus is having a '50% OFF All XEN Plans!' year end special, but you have to prepay annually to get the discount.

I'm willing to buy and resell these at LEB rates (read: 25% off their respective monthly prices) if there's any interest.

Prudently posting this thread in 'Help' in case the thought breaks any rules or turns out to be harebrained or whatever. If I am permitted to do this and there is interest, I'll make some WHMCS order links and move the thread to the 'Offers' section.

Thanked by 1isalem

Comments

• Are you planning to sell on monthly basis?

• @mazker yes, otherwise what would be the point?

• @HostNun

Would it not be better to buy a reseller account from virpus? They do offer that! at least then your can customize the package and give solusvm access to your clients..

• @HostNun said:
    mazker yes, otherwise what would be the point?

Ya so the minimun would be $3??

• I'm sure there will be some interest in 512MB Xen for $3/month

• @earl said:
    HostNun

Would it not be better to buy a reseller account from virpus? They do offer that! at least then your can customize the package and give solusvm access to your clients..

I've been in talks with Virpus about a reseller account in the past. I decided not to go with them at the time because of this clause:

If after 45 days, you do not have more than 6 VPS's, your discount will be removed and you will be required to pay retail pricing. Applies to ACTIVE services, not total services that may be canceled/terminated.

Besides, their reseller discount is up to 20% off whereas this sale is 50% off...

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited December 2013

@mazker said:
    Ya so the minimun would be $3??

yep, and I would sell their XVM1536 plan for $7 (quarterly)

• no, please don't buy from them :) search WHT about them

• @tommy said:
    no, please don't buy from them :) search WHT about them

haha, you're the second person to tell me that since I posted this thread

• Well, not to discourage you from your idea.. but paying yearly for something you are going to be offering on a monthly basis seems like you would have to front up quite a bit of cash.. depending on what the turn over rate is you could be out quite a bit! Virpus does have it's fair share of bad reviews and there is a good possibly that your clients may cancel after the first month!

I could have sworn the discount use to be higher than 20% but either way having 6 accounts at $4/mo plus your discount of 20% only equals $19.2/mo compared to prepaying $24/yr for every clients that signs up..

It's a nice ideas thought, good luck to you :)

• @earl said:
    Well, not to discourage you from your idea.. but paying yearly for something you are going to be offering on a monthly basis seems like you would have to front up quite a bit of cash.. depending on what the turn over rate is you could be out quite a bit! Virpus does have it's fair share of bad reviews and there is a good possibly that your clients may cancel after the first month!

It's not something I would normally do. However their offer is a year end sale, it's not like I'd be doing this all year long. It's a passing opportunity. Maybe I would limit it to 5-10 VPS or something to make sure I'm not out that much cash.

Also I know there isn't much money to be made in reselling these for $3. The reason I'm doing this is less about the money and more so as an opening gesture of good faith to this forum.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited December 2013

Having been advised against doing this by a growing number of people, I've decided to ̶g̶o̶ ̶a̶h̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶e̶r̶,̶

edit: nm!

• Seriously, isn't this the same company that didn't even have raid on their openvz nodes?

• LeeLee Veteran

Given that this is Virpus and there will be issues with the service, I will need to ticket you, to ticket them, to reply to you for you to reply to me. It's a messy approach.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited December 2013

I have received even more PMs at this point opining that Virpus is terrible. I wouldn't know, having never bought a VPS from them before. That said, I wasn't impressed with their sales department whilst researching reseller options the other month. Bless them!

@W1V_Lee said:
    Given that this is Virpus and there will be issues with the service, I will need to ticket you, to ticket them, to reply to you for you to reply to me. It's a messy approach.

Or I could just give you/whoever the login to their helpdesk... :)