Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable VPS in europe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reliable VPS in europe?

Somehow i'm out of luck. First it was UGVPS UK - all ok for about 6 months, then they closed down their UK node.

So i moved to nodedeploy in Germany. And again, all was fine, until recently when their services started deteriorating and now my node is down for more than 5 hours.

So .. any VPS provider with a long reliable history? Need 1gb/500gb traffic

Comments

• Go with NECS :)

If you're just want the UK based provider, you can try Evorack. But if Italy is okay, go with Prometeus/Iperweb/iwStack

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Concerning reliability I would always suggest Prometeus and Castlegem. Both know exactly what they are doing. Best providers I had in Europe the last years.

Thanked by 2Maounique ozfingwe
  • Inception Hosting has a nice XEN boxes in NL and UK :)

• Have a look at edis.at.

• @gerasalus : i have the same problem with NodeDeploy.. i didn't had the time to make a backup.. :-/

• We've had excellent reliability with our containers in DE and CZ with MyRSK.

• Got for one of the top 3 in last quarter's provider's poll; Ramnode and Iniz come out of NL, Prometeus from Italy.

If you want UK specifically, HTTP Zoom or ITC have both been around for ages, and both are decent.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ND has been sold months ago IIRC. For me that is trouble and never host anything important on a host that is between owners.

• Missed on ramnode promotion, NECS has currently a good offer, though according to recent poll, Prometeus is ranked higher

• If you want it reliable & cheap go with OVH otherwise for those looking for premium hosting there's always Eurovps

• RamNode, Prometeus and INIZ imo :)

• @taronyu said:
    RamNode, Prometeus and INIZ imo :)

If i were you i would certainly go with ramnode . Their network is awesome

• Ramnode or Prometeus ... :)

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep
  • I'd suggest you to pick up an Overzold (https://my.iperweb.com/cart/overzold/ or a BIZ plan from Prometeus. I've been a customer of theirs and I'm 100% happy with their service. Haven't had any downtimes or issues for 5 months now :)

• Maounique said: ND has been sold months ago IIRC. For me that is trouble and never host anything important on a host that is between owners.

Not sure what that means - can you explain?

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2013

I am sorry, I made a confusion, thought is the same company that bought Urpad.
    It is hard to keep track these days :(
    Sorry again.

zoliben said: Haven't had any downtimes or issues for 5 months now :)

And other customers had no downtime for 500+ days, sadly, that broke today, we have issues with some of the oldest servers. We are fighting to contain the problem and maintain uptime but pm19 already restarted. Lets hope we nailed it.

Maintaining so many nodes starts to become hard.
    we will be offering good deals for people which like to switch to iwstack, KVM is at about same prices with it.

• I'd go with Prometeus. It's the only external VPS in our monitoring system that goes months without downtime notifications.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @gerasalus said:
    First it was UGVPS UK - all ok for about 6 months, then they closed down their UK node.

So i moved to nodedeploy in Germany. And again, all was fine, until recently when their services started deteriorating and now my node is down for more than 5 hours.

UK: DotVPS. If you want to stay in Germany...ProviderService. If you want "big RAM" in Europe...OpenVZ.io in Amsterdam

current uptimes:

DotVPS Maidenhead

uptime
    16:53:36 up 138 days, 16:02, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

ProviderService Dusseldorf

uptime
    17:56:32 up 151 days, 8:19, 0 users, load average: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00

OpenVZ.io Amsterdam

uptime
    17:58:51 up 146 days, 7:09, 0 users, load average: 0.22, 0.09, 0.08

• KVM? OpenVZ? Xen?

• @Maounique the only reason why I wrote 5 months is because that's when I came to prometeus from an other provider and I'm so glad I did. Btw, my VPS hadn't been effected by the downtime yet :)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@gerasalus said:
    Missed on ramnode promotion, NECS has currently a good offer, though according to recent poll, Prometeus is ranked higher

We have a 38% deal out there still.

• NodeDeploy went up after 11 hours. No apology, no nothing. Migrated to RamNode yesterday. So far performance is truly great. Do hope that they stay stable for at least few years. Somehow i don't want another migration :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thank you!