Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudshards Feedback 4 Months
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudshards Feedback 4 Months

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited December 2013 in Reviews

Hi,

I using cloudshards since 4 Months+ and i'm very happy with my vps's, i bought the 64MB Yearly LA and 64MB Yearly New York box (openvz).

NY

LA, i reinstalled it some weeks ago.

Everything works well, the support answers always fast and friendly.

Only had one time packetloss but got fixed fast.

Some Benchmarks from NY.

I can just recommend you this provider, you can still find the order link for LA in my signature.

Comments

• Just curious, what are you running on it?

• @taronyu said:
    Just curious, what are you running on it?

I think DNS right?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Lighttpd + PHP for some websites like mylowendboxes.me and bind9.

• @Infinity580 said:
    Lighttpd + PHP for some websites like mylowendboxes.me and bind9.

I was curious because I see a python proces there :P

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited December 2013

Just my thought, isn't it better to grab something like one 512 box instead of two 64 box for the same price range to get better performance for whatever you are using it for? I know @skylarM (and many others) are offering 512 box with 2 IPs https://my.crissic.net/cart.php?gid=4

• @ironhide said:
    Just my thought, isn't it better to grab something like one 512 box instead of two 64 box for the same price range to get better performance for whatever you are using it for? I know skylarM (and many others) are offering 512 box with 2 IPs https://my.crissic.net/cart.php?gid=4

What's memory to do with anything? If he can run everything he wants on a 64MB container, why should he get a 512MB one?

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited December 2013

serverian said: What's memory to do with anything? If he can run everything he wants on a 64MB container, why should he get a 512MB one?

it was not only memory (oh btw, I am not advertising ftpit or crissic or anyone, not related with them anyway) - those plans also comes with 3 vCPU cores

And instead of paying 7.5/yr + 7.5/yr for two 64 boxs, I think 15/yr for a 512MB Box (with multiple cpu cores) is better all the way than that :)

• @ironhide

Well, for DNS not. For DNS it doesn't matter if you have 3 vCPU cores or not. But it matters if you have more than 1 server in different locations :)

• trexos said: But it matters if you have more than 1 server in different locations :)

oh cool, didn't know that. thanks!

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited December 2013

i was absorbed into cloudshards, when they bought VersatileIT, and have been quite happy since then. support is responsive and knowledgeable, and have gone above and beyond, on one occasion. highly recommended provider.
    note: i have a 64mb instance in Los Angeles, as well as another.

• @ironhide said:
    And instead of paying 7.5/yr + 7.5/yr for two 64 boxs, I think 15/yr for a 512MB Box (with multiple cpu cores) is better all the way than that :)

There's always someone cheaper. There's always someone more expensive. Doesn't mean much. Each to your own needs. There are also 2GB KVMs for $1/year.

Thanks for the review though. Much appreciated. We try to be useful - whatever the situation may be - good news or bad news we try to do what we can to make it better for the customer. There's only so much we can do.

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • @serverian said:
    What's memory to do with anything? If he can run everything he wants on a 64MB container, why should he get a 512MB one?

...because this is LowEndRam.com where getting the most RAM for the least amount of money is the ultimate goal. RAM/$=epenis_size

• edited December 2013

python process for denyhosts?

• Good work @concerto49 Hope to see some Dedi Offer Reviews, Hope it would be great as well.

Keep your good work :)

Uptime also looks great, seeing VPS1. :D

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2014

Update: Because of the Downtimes on my NY Box, Support told me they have DDOS issues which i have now since months its mostly not stable anymore and i will terminate the vps. LA had no issues and was stable, my NY VPS vent down twice today...

• @Infinity580 said:
    Update: Because of the Downtimes on my NY Box, Support told me they have DDOS issues which i have now since months its mostly not stable anymore and i will terminate the vps. LA had no issues and was stable, my NY VPS vent down twice today...

Definitely understands. It has been a problem. We're looking for a permanent fix. Do apologize. If you prefer we can offer a move to Dallas. We'll be making major improvements to NY shortly too.

• I've had one of these 7.50/year boxes for ~7 months now. It's a pretty solid box, will definitely renew it :)