Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help needed for VPS management for shared hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help needed for VPS management for shared hosting

About six month ago i bought reseller hosting from a company. That hosting is already finish and i need a new server for sale shared hosting. I decided to manage a vps for shared hosting. I need 500gb disk space. How much ram is suitable for handle it?

I also need a low end vps for managing it for shared hosting. Then i add cpanel/whm with it.

Need the valuable response of experts.

Comments

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

How many sites are currently hosted? Ram is not determined by the disk space it's the no of concurrent connections made to your sites hosted on the server.
    How fast they are processed is measured by the no of cores on the server.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

500 gb disk!
    Thats alot of disk for a vps. Can't really remember seeing any offers with both RAM and disk.

The amount of RAM that you need depends on what your users will run. :)

• It will depend on how much your number of current hosted client.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited December 2013

Honestly if you need 500GB just get a dedicated. A VM with that much will probably be more cost wise. (at least one you can reply on for hosting customers). You will have more of a well balanced environment at least price and resource wise.

• @Quadcone said:
    How many sites are currently hosted? Ram is not determined by the disk space it's the no of concurrent connections made to your sites hosted on the server.
    How fast they are processed is measured by the no of cores on the server.

I will add sites in the new server. my minimum shared hosting package is 1GB. So I will sell to my clients and that is how I will add sites.

• If you need 500GB Disk space, go for a dedicated server. I recommend atleast 2GB Of Ram for a cPanel Server to perform as expected.