Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive Being Sued! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive Being Sued!

Comments

• Wow, i was about to rent a server with them. I will have to wait a few months or maybe years to trust them enough after all these things happening... i don't know who is right or wrong here, but either way volumedrive will suffer from this. Some company goes bankrupt just by being sued and losing the trust of costumers. It doesn't really matter who is right or wrong.

• @mahjong It doesn't meant they'll go bankrupt. Plenty of companies get paid for thousands of times more than this. They go to court, lose the case and then just write a cheque. In the grand scale of things, its not big money.

• @RLT said:
    Curious, BurstNet just moved everything into the new facility. As I remember VD hadn't moved their servers into that facility. So were they supposed to remain in the facility Burst moved from? How could they be sued for removing servers that were never installed in the new facility?

As part of their agreement in their contract with Data Sales, All equipment was supposed to stay at Burstnet.

• @MarkTurner said:
    They go to court, lose the case and then just write a cheque.

If you're 100k+ behind, and a company the size of VD running on razor-thin margins, it's unlikely you "just write a cheque".

@MarkTurner said: In the grand scale of things, its not big money.

Just about any accountant will tell you the value of money is not relative.

• LeeLee Veteran

I am sure they will survive. Despite the downtime when they moved which was in excess of a week clients were still willing to wait. The price drives patience in a lot of people who care more about loosing what they have at the price offered than anything else.

Just read through the long WHT thread to see evidence of that.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    I am sure they will survive. Despite the downtime when they moved which was in excess of a week clients were still willing to wait. The price drives patience in a lot of people who care more about loosing what they have at the price offered than anything else.

@MarkTurner said:
    mahjong It doesn't meant they'll go bankrupt. Plenty of companies get paid for thousands of times more than this. They go to court, lose the case and then just write a cheque. In the grand scale of things, its not big money.

The $ isn't the problem, Data Sales gets to reclaim all of the hardware.

• @Nick_A said:
    Did somebody say exotic cars?

Where is your Maserati?

• jarland said: I'm not sure why you'd want to celebrate someone's failure. I'm sure the VD guys aren't having the best of days, why kick someone when they're down?

At a funeral, you celebrate somebodies life.

I'm sure this will all blow over, heck, it wont even kick off properly for a while yet. Knowing the US Legal System...

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

mcmyhost said: Data Sales gets to reclaim all of the hardware

I am wondering how will that reflect on their client base.

• smansman Member
    edited December 2013

@W1V_Lee said:

In my experience the cheap clients are also the most impatient, the biggest complainers, and the biggest PiTA in general!

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

sman said: In my experience the cheap clients are also the most impatient, the biggest complainers, and the biggest PiTA in general!

That is absolutely normal. In most cases, the people buying cheap are the ones who cannot afford expensive and the money they lose are much more valuable to them.
    It is like in that Jesus example when a woman giving 2 pennies was more generous than the people giving full purses because those were all the money she got.

• @sman said: In my experience the cheap clients are also the most impatient, the biggest complainers, and the biggest PiTA in general!

@Maounique said: It is like in that Jesus example when a woman giving 2 pennies was more generous than the people giving full purses because those were all the money she got.

I must have missed something because that's not at all like sman said.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@gravypod said:
    Where is your Maserati?

Don't start any silly rumors T_T

But I do appreciate a good car!

• Nick_A said: But I do appreciate a good car!

I bet I know what your computer's wallpaper is.

• @Nick_A, start a kickstarter and pull a Jason Scott. "I am a cool VPS host, I want to do more cool things, give me money so I can do cool things!"

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Rallias said:
    I bet I know what your computer's wallpaper is.

Heh, it's #000000 aka plain old black.

• Nick_A said: Heh, it's #000000 aka plain old black.

Oh, there's nothing? Not even a couple words on it? I couldn't bare that.

• @Nick_A said:
    Heh, it's #000000 aka plain old black.

I thought it would be a Maserati with Ramnode branding.

• wroxwrox Member
    edited December 2013

@Rapta said:
    I thought it would be a Maserati with Ramnode branding.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @wrox @Nick_A

It looks pretty cool, but isn't the silver color bad?

• wroxwrox Member
    edited December 2013

@Andy said:
    wrox Nick_A

It looks pretty cool, but isn't the silver color bad?

@Nick_A better buy this

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @wrox I want your SKILLS D:

Mun

• @Mun This was just some playing around with the Transform tool (CTRL +T) utilizing the Skew mode on Photoshop.. something even you can do! :-)

• @wrox said:
    Mun This was just some playing around with the Transform tool (CTRL +T) utilizing the Skew mode on Photoshop.. something even you can do! :-)

Sadly I no has photo shop :(

Still looks really well done.

Mun

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

you are missing very important thing, web address on bumper

• @Mun said:Sadly I no has photo shop :(

You could probably use GIMP

• @earl said:

Probably, just need to spend sometime in it.

Mun

• @wrox Why not change the license plate to RAM NODE?

• Rename the thread to "Photoshop class". :P