Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server

Ok i was looking for a low end dedicated server. Ovh kimsufi package is sold out. So i was trying to find like that. Then i find delimitervps dedicated server offer.

Offer link:https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

I need some true review of this offer. What about their service? What is the renew price.

Comments

• There are a few on here already, just search DelimiterVPS

Prices remain the same for the duration you keep the service.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I can't tell you what delimiter will be like tomorrow or what it was yesterday, but my initial experience is fast support response and a great dedi for the price, in an excellent datacenter. You know what they say though, if it seems too good to be true it usually is. I'm not looking to be disappointed here, but I'm giving it a shot because hell, it's $10 and inside the US. We'll see what happens. That's the best review I can give.

• @jarland - I hope you wont be disappointed. You're in our (Yomura's) private datacentre so if something breaks we should be able to sort it directly. We're not colo'ed in someone elses facility or reselling a third party.

@MarkTurner said:
    jarland - I hope you wont be disappointed. You're in our (Yomura's) private datacentre so if something breaks we should be able to sort it directly. We're not colo'ed in someone elses facility or reselling a third party.

You mean 55 marietta?

• @jarland - yes we're on the 17th floor in that building

@MarkTurner said:
    jarland - yes we're on the 17th floor in that building

What's the infrastructure like in there? I don't much care, but a lot of people here would be curious to know if you'd be willing to share some details about it.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • I am not based in that building, but I know Yomura acquired that space about 4 years ago. It was mothballed for years. Then in early 2013, a project was made to retrofit the space and August it went live.

Basic specs - 5500 SQF datacentre, 2000 SQF office, 80-100 racks, UPS, generator, N+1 HVAC.

In building transit - Abovenet, Telia, NLayer, Cogent
    Network - Its connected back to Yomura's New York, Miami, Phoenix and Dallas POPs.

From the photos I've seen I wouldn't call it London Telehouse, but that is a lot to do with the building itself - its not a purpose built or retrofitted building for datacentre. Most of the datacentres in that building are very small 20-100 racks.

The people working there are very diligent and will always go the extra mile, which for companies like Delimiter really helps as they are always having to call on them to carry out changes for them.

Is there something specific you wanted to know?

• @MarkTurner said:

Pictures would be fantastic :)

• @skybucks100 - now you're being hopeful. The last time we did that, we ended up with every dirtbag with a server claiming it was 'their' datacentre.

Thanks for the details. Such information generally creates quite a bit of respect around these parts.

• As I said its not the Ritz but its a nicely run site with a good local team

@MarkTurner said:
    As I said its not the Ritz but its a nicely run site with a good local team

What? Well then I'm canceling. I demand the following for $10.

Thanked by 1RLT
  • I'm just saying I could say I have a hugely awesome datacentre on the top story of the mad magazine building with 1022tb/s capacity...
    But I would say lots of people are thinking a $10 atom that isn't ovh has to be hosted in

• @mahbub I can't say anything about service Delimiter provide right now but a lot of bad thing happened with this company and many many people in past lost money and data with them. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/401018/#Comment_401018
    I suggest you to do some digging at WHT and lowendbox about Delimiter, Yomura, Xvps... to get better picture what I am talking about.

• @spirit @mahbub as I said to someone else on here, you order one on a monthly basis, if its rubbish you ask for a refund, worst case Paypal chargeback; if its good and you want to reduce the cost you ask them to move you to a longer term contract.

At the end of the day unlike many players in this sector Delimiter/Yomura is facility based in other words we own our own facilities, we dont rent servers from someone else (except some legacy in Paris - read OVH) and we dont rent rackspace in someone elses facility.

It says Yomura on the door and Yomura on the tenant list - so you're dealing directly with someone who is a legally registered company and has a bricks & mortar address.

• @MarkTurner said:
    skybucks100 - now you're being hopeful. The last time we did that, we ended up with every dirtbag with a server claiming it was 'their' datacentre.

Thousands upon thousands of other datacenters throw pictures and videos of their DC across the internet. Even Google has a streetview of one of their datacenters. Does it really matter if anyone claims it's their DC? If it becomes an issue the DMCA was created for this very reason. From my point of view, some pictures of your datacenter would greatly improve Delimeters "view" here. Plus, if people have already "claimed it to be theres" what's to lose? Isn't the internet written in ink? If the picture is still out there, why not repost it?

Side note, are you British or from the UK/EU? Or have you just adapted to writing "center" as "centre"?

• Some do, some don't. We've mentioned this before and directors told us no and gave us that reason. But that doesn't stop you visiting 55 Marietta Street, entering the reception and taking a photo of the tenant list.

I am a Brit thats why I spell centre properly as well as colour and a number of other words :)

• skybucks100skybucks100 Member
    edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    Some do, some don't. We've mentioned this before and directors told us no and gave us that reason. But that doesn't stop you visiting 55 Marietta Street, entering the reception and taking a photo of the tenant list.

I am a Brit thats why I spell centre properly as well as colour and a number of other words :)

It's a silly reason, at least by my standards. If I owned a datacenter/space/what have you i'd flaunt that thing around and make it rain with pictures of it.

Surrrre the "correct" way... Silly Brit :) Honestly, I wish Americans and the British were taught the same "English" and the same unit type but that failed miserably for America... It's a pain to convert metric to standard and vise versa

• @skybucks100 - marketing is not one of their strong points.

As a British company, we have simple standards - everyone works in Celsius, all measures are in metric, all times are GMT+0 and we'll let off anyone who can't spell :)

Before this, we had US team members saying its 60 degrees in the datacentre - our reaction - OMG start shutting down everything. Everything is going to overheat. But it turned out that it was 60F so a nice 15C

All devices use GMT+0 so we dont have to worry about what timezone they are expressing in. Logs are all GMT+0, all alarm panels GMT+0.

Measurements in cm, metres - most the world is metric now. What the hell is a foot or a yard or even an inch? I have to call my grandmother to translate.

• @MarkTurner said:
    skybucks100 - marketing is not one of their strong points.

As a British company, we have simple standards - everyone works in Celsius, all measures are in metric, all times are GMT+0 and we'll let off anyone who can't spell :)

Before this, we had US team members saying its 60 degrees in the datacentre - our reaction - OMG start shutting down everything. Everything is going to overheat. But it turned out that it was 60F so a nice 15C

All devices use GMT+0 so we dont have to worry about what timezone they are expressing in. Logs are all GMT+0, all alarm panels GMT+0.

Measurements in cm, metres - most the world is metric now. What the hell is a foot or a yard or even an inch? I have to call my grandmother to translate.

Or dear god, I couldn't do it..

"Ah yes, the servers are running at 15 degrees.."

"Um, did you by chance put them in the freezer...."

Ugh, i'd never get used to it. I tried learning GMT but it's a pain to convert PST to GMT (add 9 hours or something like that?) at least C to F is easy, double it and add 30.

An inch, top of your thumb. A foot, well, your foot. A yard, 3 feet.

Also, i'm curious... At Subway do they say "5EUR Meter Longs"?

• Subway its £5 Footlong

Britain doesn't have the Euro, we still have the pound.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Subway its £5 Footlong

Britain doesn't have the Euro, we still have the pound.

Whaaaaaaaaat? They say footlong in BRITAIN? I'm gonna need a moment to process this information...

• :) Thought that would give you a kick

• @MarkTurner Where's the order link for these cheap Atom's?

• @skybucks100 said:
    Ugh, i'd never get used to it. I tried learning GMT but it's a pain to convert PST to GMT (add 9 hours or something like that?) at least C to F is easy, double it and add 30.

Metric and Celsius make way more sense than Imperial and Fahrenheit. 10 mm in 1 cm, 10 cm in 1 dm, 10 dm in 1 m, 1000 m in 1 km. The freezing point of water is 0 degrees and its boiling point is 100 degrees.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @lukasubo said:
    Metric and Celsius make way more sense than Imperial and Fahrenheit. 10 mm in 1 cm, 10 cm in 1 dm, 10 dm in 1 m, 1000 m in 1 km. The freezing point of water is 0 degrees and its boiling point is 100 degrees.

Mathematically it's easy, but trying to explain to other "non metric" folks is pretty difficult considering you'd have to keep converting back and forth. Personally, I just try and pick up whatever metric stuff I can so incase America switches or I go to a foreign country I won't be as uprooted.

• @MarkTurner Would it be possible to get those prices offered on the thread now or is it too late? I'm referring specifically to the $60/yr one.