Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS Replacement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS Replacement

Hi, I'm looking for a box to replace my current UGVPS one. It'd be great if anyone could price match the following:

2GB RAM
2TB BW
4CPU Cores
60 Disk
$19/6

I'll be hosting some game servers so that must be allowed. I can lower some requirements if the price is fair. Please feel free to comment your offer or PM me. Location is flexible, but I'd like something in France or UK.

Thanks

Comments

• 2GB $3/month. Good luck.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I wouldn't expect better service at that price point. It's certainly possible, but you may want to reconsider.

• @concerto49 said:
    2GB $3/month. Good luck.

Like I said, I'm willing to lower the specs.

• 2GB per $7 /mo is a nice deal, and a cheap one too, you'll find plenty of those on the offers section.

• said: 2GB RAM 2TB BW 4CPU Cores 60 Disk $19/6

I think the Chicago VPS Black Friday deal is still alive on the LEB's main page, which is less than 3 bucks a month if you don't mind prepaying for 3 years...

Not endorsing them but if you just want to look at the price, this is probably the best deal you can get.

• petempetem Member
    edited December 2013

• mazkermazker Member
    edited December 2013

We can provide

2GB Gurenteed RAM

2GB Burst RAM

4GB Total Memory

80GB SATA2 RAID10

3TB Bandwidth

Monthly price - $4/mo

6 montly price - $18/6 months (save $6)

Yearly price - $28/year (save $20)

Order link - http://buymyvm.com/clients/index.php/order/2g-ram-plan

Thanks

• @Casius said:
    Hi, I'm looking for a box to replace my current UGVPS one. It'd be great if anyone could price match the following:

2GB RAM
    2TB BW
    4CPU Cores
    60 Disk
    $19/6

I'll be hosting some game servers so that must be allowed. I can lower some requirements if the price is fair. Please feel free to comment your offer or PM me. Location is flexible, but I'd like something in France or UK.

Thanks

I did the same (moved away from UG) and got ramnode instead...

@Nick_A said:
    I wouldn't expect better service at that price point. It's certainly possible, but you may want to reconsider.

Same thoughts.
    It's one thing to save some money but 2TB of bandwidth and the other stuff for very little money is not sane in the server world.

I like vps for small things but for what you asking, what dedicated servers are for.

(Just be aware)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • has UGVPS services gone very low??

• At that pricing your best bet would be WeLoveServers, but they don't allow game servers IIRC.

Try being more specific, what is your minimum requirements and what is the budget. Your "willing to lower the specs" is too broad, someone could offer you 128MB yearlies on the next reply.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

That is why ugvps has become a blunder , overselling to the peak!
    Honestly, any provider can oversell. But the question is for how long? Because sooner or later your clients would leave you because of slow machines.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited December 2013

ChicagoVPS - $30/year for 4 cores, 2GB RAM, 2TB BW, 50GB disk.

You have to use these order links with coupon code 2GBYR:

The furniture will be familiar, they're owned by with ColoCrossing too.

• @mazker said:
    We can provide

2GB Gurenteed RAM

2GB Burst RAM

4GB Total Memory

80GB SATA2 RAID10

3TB Bandwidth

Monthly price - $4/mo

6 montly price - $18/6 months (save $6)

Yearly price - $28/year (save $20)

Order link - http://buymyvm.com/clients/index.php/order/2g-ram-plan

Thanks

Order link updated.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ihatetony you beat me

• UGVPS WAS great but then it sucked big time , i changed to weloveservers , which was promising in the beginning but now , not so much , my support ticket is changed to Answered automatically etc , I have also got a box with Ramnode , which is very awesome though its 128 one , i will wait for some promotion so that i can get a better one there.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • petempetem Member
    edited December 2013

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ahmiq said:
    UGVPS WAS great but then it sucked big time , i changed to weloveservers , which was promising in the beginning but now , not so much , my support ticket is changed to Answered automatically etc , I have also got a box with Ramnode , which is very awesome though its 128 one , i will wait for some promotion so that i can get a better one there.

Did you miss Black42?

• @Nick_A said:
    What good will that do if he wants a RamNode?

Everyone wants RamNode ;)

• No need to argue in a public thread. Dispute this through PM.

On the contrary, I've found myself a deal. Thanks for everyone who replied.

• Cleaned up the thread per some user's requests :-)

• It's getting ridiculous as to how many of my posts have been moved or removed.

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited December 2013

Lol even my post removed. :p

• @mpkossen said:
    Cleaned up the thread per some user's requests :-)

UGVPS's request? They deserve some bashing for their outrageous performance. This is the only place where one can expect some genuine criticism to stick.

• joelgm said: UGVPS's request? They deserve some bashing for their outrageous performance. This is the only place where one can expect some genuine criticism to stick.

It was something completely unrelated to UGVPS, actually. It was an off-topic conversation between two hosts that they'd rather have removed.