Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS 8 core Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS 8 core Windows

Hello, I want to know if there is a VPS server that has:
8 cores
at least 1 GB of RAM
at least 1 TB of bandwidth
windows operating system
maximum of $ 20 a month or even yearly payment
any location

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

8 Cores sounds like fun :) what is your avg CPU use/ intended use?

I may be able to offer you this but I could not give you 8 dedicated cores for $20

Anthony.

• 100% use. Mining

• Sorry, I couldn't stop laughing :P

• AsadAsad Member
    edited December 2013

hahaha

funny

• I could provide this for $350 Monthly.

• SantiagoSantiago Member
    edited December 2013

@Derek said:
    Sorry, I couldn't stop laughing :P

• 8 dedicated for 20 dollar? WOW, nice request

• Sorry for the mining can not be done on a shared server?

• @salvo0097 said:
    Sorry for the mining can not be done on a shared server?

Save your money, mining bitcoin is not even efficent anymore.

• not bitcoin, Primecoin

• lol.You must be joking.

• You could get a dedicated server from VolumeDrive or digicube.fr under $20, but you wouldn't get more than 2 cores.

Thanked by 1salvo0097
  • If you could gain money on mining on a $20 VPS difficulty would go up and it won't be profitable anymore.

Which probably happened long ago, even for primecoin. So even if you find something for $20 it won't profit, you'll be better of buying them at an exchange.

• People use a lot of the Amazon free $100 coupons to mine XPMs. One has to be careful to stop the instances on time though, or they could receive an unpleasant big bill.

• @rds100 said:
    People use a lot of the Amazon free $100 coupons to mine XPMs. One has to be careful to stop the instances on time though, or they could receive an unpleasant big bill.

Or use a prepaid card :-P

• What's the coupon xD ?

• c0y said: Or use a prepaid card :-P

They have your phone number... if you make a $10k outstanding bill, they can and will find you.

• rds100 said: They have your phone number... if you make a $10k outstanding bill, they can and will find you.

Use a prepaid cell phone?

• Like @c0y said it will cost more then you will profit. A cheap gpu miner will always run circles around CPU mining.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited December 2013

You have to ask yourself if you can generate $49/mo by mining otherwise you lose money.

• PcJamesy said: A cheap gpu miner will always run circles around CPU mining.

Except when the algorithm used is not suitable for efficient GPU mining.

I will do 4 DEDICATED cores on a dedicated server for €29.95

Mining on a VPS = a dick thing to do unless your host supports priorities in which case there really would be no point mining anyway.

How many cores do you think a server has shared between all customers to begin with and you want to use 8 for $20?

• @AnthonySmith said:

Mining on a VPS = a dick thing to do unless your host supports priorities in which case there really would be no point mining anyway.

How many cores do you think a server has shared between all customers to begin with and you want to use 8 for $20?

"but i always thought they were dedicated unless stated otherwise!"

is what people think from what I experienced

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It can be close to dedicated as long as there is cpu left, but mining is not fair use and should/will be throttled.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2013

Depending on what coin you are mining it may not be profitable.

@AnthonySmith said:

What CPU would this be?

• If you have the time and money, you could always do something like this. But that makes me wonder, there should be other more fruitful ways since you have that time and money.

Thanked by 1earl
  • salvo0097 said: Sorry for the mining can not be done on a shared server?

No. It can't. You WILL be suspended VERY quickly and you WILL be getting terminated, suspended, or eviscerated by angry Sysadmins.

• @Magiobiwan said:
    eviscerated by angry Sysadmins.

Thanked by 1Magiobiwan

@c0y said:
    is what people think from what I experienced

They are not dedicated ever, unless specifically advertised as such and when advertised as such they are usually sold as semi-dedicated.

Look at all the E3 based offers, do you think they only put 8 servers on a node? :)

@wych said:
    What CPU would this be?

X3210 or X3330 depending on availability.