Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Cheap Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Cheap Dedicated Server

I am looking to mine Primecoins, so I am need a server with the following specs:

-CPU: As much as possible!
-RAM: Minimum 1 GB
-Data: 100Mbps minimum
-Storage: 10GB SDD minimum

I am looking for the absolute best price on a box with some serious CPU power, but I want it to be scaled down in the other areas to keep down the cost. It's not even so much that I need an extreme processor but that I need enough power for the dollar to make the venture profitable. I need processing value ;)

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. I decided to join your community after I became a fan of all of the excellent advice :)

Comments

• I also don't need more than 1 IP address.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Welcome! To be honest, I would recommend grabbing a block erupter online. You can grab them for around $15. Pop it in your USB, put a fan on it. On cheap dedis I get maybe 1/10th of what I get with one of these in my cheap little desktop. More bang, less buck. Just my opinion. Otherwise, check online.net for some great deals. Maybe their E3 is within your range.

• There's some serious price gouging going on with those Block Eruptors now :( Back in my day, they used to cost $15, and now they're $50! Plus, Primecoin mining is different from Bitcoin. It's difficult to even optimize the software for GPU mining (I have yet to hear of a GPU miner that's more efficient than a CPU miner for Primecoin).

• $75 i7-3770 vs $49 e3-1230 v2?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@revstate said:
    There's some serious price gouging going on with those Block Eruptors now :( Back in my day, they used to cost $15, and now they're $50! Plus, Primecoin mining is different from Bitcoin. It's difficult to even optimize the software for GPU mining (I have yet to hear of a GPU miner that's more efficient than a CPU miner for Primecoin).

Dang you're right. What I got for $15 is now $50 minimum on the same page.

• @revstate said:
    $75 i7-3770 vs $49 e3-1230 v2?

• @revstate said:
    $75 i7-3770 vs $49 e3-1230 v2?

Not much difference between the two. The i7 has a tiny bit better performance, but the E3 will provide you much more bang for the buck.

• I appreciate all of your help :) This forum is LE best!

• According to a well-known calculator, this won't be profitable :(

• Has there been a huge influx in these requests?

The past 3 requests have all been for mining.

• It's the bit coin spike. Everyone wants a piece of the pie. Unfortunately, hard to profit on rented hardware.