Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paypal looking into adopting BTC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• -.- I don't wanna sign up... But I wanna reaaaaaad it :(

• I updated the link, try the second one :/

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Second one doesn't work either.

• I don't see anything indicating PayPal is considering adopting BTC, it was a suggestion/guess by the writer of the article.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Paypal will never help any virtual currency for 2 main reasons:
    1. Government wont like it;
    2. It will eat a lot of their market share if it gets widely adopted.

BTC and any virtual currency will have a lot of struggle to do before becoming mainstream, there are powerful institutions against it and, while it should reflect the will of a person expressed in a written or non-written contract regarding what is exchanged and against what (as long as it is not illegal) the state will intervene if BTC cannot be killed with existing legal means.
    We will see how strong the Internet is, but I would guess that it will learn and adapt to fend off every attack, even though this will keep the "i have nothing to hide, dont deal with anything illegal" people off the grid.

• dont know where you get this info but paypal will never adopt btc.

• Bitcoin price is up and down like riding a roller-coaster... how will paypal use it...

• :( I bought some virtual currency and lost 230$.

• lol same here i bought litecoins at its peak of usd45 and its been falling ever since