Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think there would be interest in ...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you think there would be interest in ...

rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2012 in General

Hello guys,

I have been in the vps hosting field for pretty much a long time now.

However, as of recently - our management was discussing VPS Reseller packages.

These packages come as white-label solutions for startup hosts, who do not want to invest a lot of money - and rather get a "lowend" deal. For example, charging $40 for;

-8gigs of RAM
-500GB HD
-5TB BW
-8 maximum containers
-enough IPs (fair distribution)

Which then they can use to create their own vps's. What do you guys think? worthwhile? Or should we send the request down the sink?

Nice to know what you guys think :)

Comments

• AmfyAmfy Member

Looks really nice! Also for persons who have a lot of web projects and want to separate them...

But I think it would be better, if you let them do more than 8 containers... It's OpenVZ?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Well, they could always add more containers for a price, but if we give much more - you know how people abuse it ... XD

• I like the idea... what will your policy be when a reseller's client does some sort of abuse?

They'd have to remove the content, or we will suspend the vps until we get confirmation of removal etc. (if the content stays on for longer than the specified time frame ofcourse.)

• Would you require that your reseller removes it, or would you leave it up to the reseller to enforce that their client removes it?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I love the idea :) I love it because I just rolled out Inception Hosting's White Label reseller plan which is almost identical to this except using XEN not OpenVZ

I think your example is a little unbalanced though $40 for 8GB and a max of 8 containers just makes me go .... "erm what?" but I accept its just an example :)

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • AsimAsim Member

Looks nice!!

@AnthonySmith said: I think your example is a little unbalanced though $40 for 8GB and a max of 8 containers just makes me go .... "erm what?" but I accept its just an example :)

Well, since we are aiming at the lowend market, we are considering somewhere around that price range...