Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Nine Seagate Constellation ES.2 ST33000650NS 3 TB hard drives for sale, $160 each + shipping
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Nine Seagate Constellation ES.2 ST33000650NS 3 TB hard drives for sale, $160 each + shipping

DamianDamian Member
edited December 2013 in Offers

As stated in the subject, i've got nine Seagate Constellation ES.2 ST33000650NS 3 TB drives for sale.

Power-on hours for half of the drives is 4331 hours / 24 = 180 days. Power-on hours for the other half of the drives is 7876 hours / 24 = 328 days.

Asking $160 plus shipping each, buy all nine and i'll ship them for free within the United States. Willing to do shipping via USPS or UPS, your choice. Cheapest I could find these for new was $244, and used on eBay was $195. Get an enterprise hard drive for the same price as a desktop drive.

Comments

• No ship to Romania ?
    Cheapest version, wrap them well :)
    I need 4 of them, the high power on hour ones are OK.

Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

• Sure, I can ship them to Romania. I'll get you a price this evening when I determine how big the box will be.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

Do they have a full retain warranty or is it an OEM reduced 1 year warranty?

Jon Biloh
  • @jbiloh said:
    Do they have a full retain warranty or is it an OEM reduced 1 year warranty?

Some of them are OEM, and some of them are retail... when I get home this evening, I'll look up the serials and see what's what.

Gotcha. We would be interested at around $75 each. Seagate in general has a frustrating warranty process and knowing some of them are OEM means it's just a risk. Could be a good value at $75 each or could bite me in the butt.

Jon Biloh
  • I'm lucky - for some reason my Seagates have 3 years warranty even though they were bought as OEM. ;)

• The Constellation ES series have 5 years warranty.

-

• c0yc0y Member
    edited December 2013

@jbiloh said:
    Gotcha. We would be interested at around $75 each. Seagate in general has a frustrating warranty process and knowing some of them are OEM means it's just a risk. Could be a good value at $75 each or could bite me in the butt.

ORRRR what he probably will do is say to get off your low end mood and pay the $160 he is asking for each...

• itrmikeitrmike Member
    edited December 2013

@rds100 said:
    The Constellation ES series have 5 years warranty.

I believe that is retail, oem drives have <3 years warranty.

If the OEM drives have a warranty of 3 years or longer I'd pay $125 each. I am pretty sure its 1 year though, am I wrong?

Jon Biloh
  • Ended up selling the entire lot to one guy off ebay. Thanks all!

• :(

I really need 4 big disks 3.5
    Someone has an offer ? Preferably in EU ?

Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

• Do you need Constellation? Seagate SV35 is cheaper and is claimed to be designed for 24/7 operation. Should be readily available everywhere.

-

• I am not sure video surveillance probably needs a lot less performance than server storage.

• True, they are slower than ES. For some personal file storage / light personal server usage they are OK. For heavy duty server usage - go ES/2/3 or WD RE4

-