Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone had experience with hudsonvalleyhost.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone had experience with hudsonvalleyhost.com?

kyakykyaky Member
edited December 2013 in Providers

Hi community,

just wonder if anyone tried hudsonvalleyhost.com before? I ordered the a dedi from them when they had black friday promo. It was promised to be delivered within 24-48 hours. My order was placed on 27th, Nov. Now it's already 3th (2nd their timezone). I kind asked their customer service. all I got was "it will be delivered". I asked for a refund. they just simply said "No refunds per our ToS". are they reputable provider? Thanks

ordered on 27th, today 3th. now what? with these days delay, just tell me "it will be delivered" & "No refunds per our ToS", are you kidding me? Why don't you guys just set the price as $2, people order on 1st, get delivered on 28th and let them use 2 days. you call it $2/mo? great promo.

Hi @Ernie,

Is this how your staff get trained?

Comments

• I have a vps with them. Pretty good service, 1 hour response. Don't worry too much. : )

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited December 2013

@halczy said:
    I have a vps with them. Pretty good service, 1 hour response. Don't worry too much. : )

do you have this "open ticket" or "new ticket" button at your WHMCS ticket section? I dont have that button. wasn't able to ask any question except using online chat function. After asking them ETA, they don't reply any more.

• Pre-ColoCrossing days, they were pretty decent in my experience, containers ran well, and support was pretty much top-notch on the few occasions I needed them.

Can't comment on the post-ColoCrossing days, although I understand at least one of the decent support guys is no longer around.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • Ticket-ing is at Support - Ticket / Submit Ticket. Is it there?

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • kyakykyaky Member
    edited December 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Ticket-ing is at Support - Ticket / Submit Ticket. Is it there?

It's not as you can see from the third screenshot. It's disable.

normally should be "Home - Services - Domains - Billing - Support - Open Ticket"

• Hm.. weird. When I'm using their reseller hosting, I just cancel it because they unable to move my domain from another shared hosting provider. And then my account removed from the billing area. And after that time, I don't buy anything from them, even if it's a very nice deal.

But, I also saw that there's a relation between them and another provider, long time a go, but I forgot about who was it.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Hm.. weird. When I'm using their reseller hosting, I just cancel it because they unable to move my domain from another shared hosting provider. And then my account removed from the billing area. And after that time, I don't buy anything from them, even if it's a very nice deal.

But, I also saw that there's a relation between them and another provider, long time a go, but I forgot about who was it.

your account was deleted when your product was still active?

• Just chargeback @kyaky

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @kyaky said:

No, after I cancel the reseller service, right after they said that they can't transfer my domain. Well, maybe I was just bought the reseller account for 30minutes, asked for help moving the domain from another shared hosting.

Before asking, at that time I've learned to install Cpanel at my vps, (with trial license), and able to transfer my domain from the shared hosting. So I think that they could do it too. But I was wrong, so I just cancel it.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • ErawanArifNugroho said: But, I also saw that there's a relation between them and another provider, long time a go, but I forgot about who was it.

TurnKeyInternet if not mistaken

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @iSidle said:
    Just chargeback kyaky

If I did that, I would probably get a "reject for virtual item refund claim" sth like that from paypal. I paid by paypal.

• But well, that's just my experience, maybe just one unlucky person at that time :)

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

So renting something is virtual now ? How about I rent a car and it is not delivered, I have no way to get my money back ? Or a stay in a hotel, or a plane ticket...

• @Maounique said:
    So renting something is virtual now ? How about I rent a car and it is not delivered, I have no way to get my money back ? Or a stay in a hotel, or a plane ticket...

well true. I did got rejected a few times by paypal. I will try this. Thanks

Well, if they do not deliver in 10 days nor refund, you should do it, until then, mail them and do other things so you have evidence to provide paypal.
    I do not know if it will work, but they should. Otherwise, you can try to chargeback with the card linked to paypal.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @Maounique said:
    Well, if they do not deliver in 10 days nor refund, you should do it, until then, mail them and do other things so you have evidence to provide paypal.
    I do not know if it will work, but they should. Otherwise, you can try to chargeback with the card linked to paypal.

Thanks. but 10 days? Does that means I can only use 2/3 time of the service time? umm...

Hum, i got the impression it was not delivered.
    What service time are you talking about ?

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @kyaky said:
    Thanks. but 10 days? Does that means I can only use 2/3 time of the service time? umm...

No that would be silly.. they should not be charging you until you receive your server. even if they did I'm sure you can request to have your bill updated

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @vRozenSch00n said:
    TurnKeyInternet if not mistaken

christ.... I nearly bought another product from TurnKeyInternet too.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited December 2013

@Maounique said:
    Hum, i got the impression it was not delivered.
    What service time are you talking about ?

It still shows pending.

I guess the total monthly service time is counted from the date I placed the order to 30 days after? If they delay 10 days, It will have 20 days left only for me to use?

• @kyaky said:
    I guess the total monthly service time is counted from the date I placed the order to 30 days after? If they delay 10 days, It will have 20 days left only for me to use?

Don't worry dude.. they won't charge you until you get the server.

The day you get your server is when the counter begins, it does not matter if it took HVH 60 days to deliver your server, your 30 days start when they provision your server.

Thanked by 2kyaky Maounique

@earl said:
    The day you get your server is when the counter begins, it does not matter if it took HVH 60 days to deliver your server, your 30 days start when they provision your server.

That is what i wanted to say too.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

We have had a large amount of sales due to the recent holiday sale. Billing on the server does not start until the server details are sent out to you. We are working on getting the servers out as fast as possible. I am sorry for the delay.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • Just make sure you ask them to update your billing cycle to the date when you receive your server.. Just incase it was not done automatically..

It would not make sense if they start charging you from your purchase date, cause if it took HVH 29 days to setup your server that would mean you only get a days use out it. No one would put up with that BS.

• said: just wonder if anyone tried hudsonvalleyhost.com before?

Been with them for 4 months. No complaints whatsoever. Take it easy, they will deliver.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @earl said:
    Just make sure you ask them to update your billing cycle to the date when you receive your server.. Just incase it was not done automatically..

It would not make sense if they start charging you from your purchase date, cause if it took HVH 29 days to setup your server that would mean you only get a days use out it. No one would put up with that BS.

thanks for the update. didn't know how exactly billing system worked in WHMCS. I purchased this in a hurry because of a project. I saw it would only took 24-48 days which was alright to me. But now I don't think I need this any more. anyway, refund applied from paypal.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @kyaky said:
    thanks for the update. didn't know how exactly billing system worked in WHMCS. I purchased this in a hurry because of a project. I saw it would only took 24-48 days which was alright to me. But now I don't think I need this any more. anyway, refund applied from paypal.

Good to hear!

I think it's somewhat unfair for companies to decline refunds if they are not able to deliver the server in the time frame that was promised..

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited December 2013

@MiguelQ said:

It's not really about if it will get delivered eventually or not. I've been with quickpacket, versaweb, burst... none of them delivered a dedi with this speed. none of them just kept replying me "it shows pending. it will be delivered" and "no refund due to our TOS" . none of them blocked my ticket system and live chat support. To me, It's not only about the time.

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

Refund issued.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @Ernie said:
    Refund issued.

thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.