Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Linux KVM VPS, unmetered and lower than 200ms ping from Malaysia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Linux KVM VPS, unmetered and lower than 200ms ping from Malaysia

So far I found one only, Solid SEO VPS with 500/100 for Asia, but currently oos.

Please recommend me other providers, non-Asia is fine as long as not more than 200ms from Malaysia.

Comments

• How about Los Angeles?

If you need cheap and unmetered then check out these deals: https://serverdb.dah85.com/?provider=losangelesvps

• @dahartigan said:

Just emailed them for IP address to test ping. Do you their server IP address?

Is this provider reliable?

• what is this for? minimum vps spec requirement?

• @budi1413 said:
    what is this for? minimum vps spec requirement?

For hosting voice chat app.

Minimum 1 core 1GB

• @Emimarson said: Is this provider reliable?

So far no downtime, but I can't make any guarantees. I don't roast the chicken, I just eat it.

• If you don’t mind the cost, then Shinjiru is probably the best option, but do purchase from the .com.my website instead of the .com as it’s cheaper that way and they accept FPX transactions. I have an referral with them and I’ll leave it below, if you use the link I’ll get account credits or commission I think.

https://billing.shinjiru.com.my/aff.php?aff=289

Otherwise NexusBytes, UpCloud, Linode, Vultr, DO at their Singapore locations usually pings lower than 10ms as well, but they aren’t unmetered. Contabo’s Singapore location pings ~40ms from here, 32TB/mo isn’t unlimited but still a lot imo. My Vultr instance in Seoul gets a 70-80ms ping, and even my $17/yr 1.5GB RackNerd LA VPS gets about 200ms ping from here.

I live in KL and uses TM Unifi fyi (I know it’s pricier than others but my parents kept renewing the 2 year contract so what more can I even do).

Thanked by 2afn UpCloud
  • @bulba said:

Thanks bro, I think I found the deal. Still considering.

I really wish I am the legacy user of Allo which they gave fixed ip for early adopters.

• jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2021

i just ran a test from one of our NAT KVM VM's in Hong Kong (HGC Broadband) to U Mobile (Kuala Lumpur) and got this:

Server: U Mobile - Kuala Lumpur

Latency:    42.40 ms   (0.25 ms jitter)
       Download:   614.78 Mbps                           
         Upload:    101.11 Mbps

• wpyogawpyoga Member
    edited December 2021

@bulba said:
    Contabo’s Singapore location pings ~40ms from here, 32TB/mo isn’t unlimited but still a lot imo.

If you limit it to 100Mbps, 32TB is effectively unlimited. And I actually remember reading on their website that 32TB is FUP, beyond which the speed is throttled.

I live in Indonesia and I've been eyeing Contabo for some time. Too bad they didn't waive the location free for this year's BF.

You can also consider OVH -- after 1TB the speed is limited, but it's pretty affordable at 3.5 USD/mo.

• bulbabulba Member
    edited December 2021

@Emimarson said:
    I really wish I am the legacy user of Allo which they gave fixed ip for early adopters.

Oh wow, I’ve only lived in landed properties so Unifi HSBB and resellers is probably the only option here. Government monopoly isn’t great and I hope they could do something about this. And to get a fixed IP with Unifi you now have to pay for the business plans which are more expensive, and then a RM200 addon.

@wpyoga said:

I live in Indonesia and I've been eyeing Contabo for some time. Too bad they didn't waive the location free for this year's BF.

I heard that Contabo oversells their CPUs, but nonetheless it’s still quite cheap for how much you’re getting.

• @bulba said:

I asked TIME too, considering they are the best deal provider (with Allo)

But sadly , only commercial plan can get fixed ip. And the highest speed can get for commercial is 100Mbps, add on fixed ip +400

• @bulba said: I heard that Contabo oversells their CPUs, but nonetheless it’s still quite cheap for how much you’re getting.

All non-dedicated providers oversell their CPU. Based on benchmarks, Contabo seems to oversell more than others :smile: , that part is true lol

It's just that their SG location has quite a steep "location fee" ...