Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone panning in accepting LTC?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is anyone panning in accepting LTC?

Seeing as it's the second most popular currency after btc, they're around 30-40$ each so far.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Anyone with a good head on their shoulders, in my honest opinion, will wait a few months to see where this goes. We can't just keep going down the list on digital currencies and increasing the value and difficulty until we have 1500 currencies worth $1500 a piece. I mean we can but...this doesn't seem healthy to me.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • jarland said: Anyone with a good head on their shoulders, in my honest opinion, will wait a few months to see where this goes. We can't just keep going down the list on digital currencies and increasing the value and difficulty until we have 1500 currencies worth $1500 a piece. I mean we can but...this doesn't seem healthy to me.

I understand your point and I agree with it. But at the same time I feel this is exaggerated.

• To be honest I don't think the digital currency market is in enough of a stable condition for anyone in their right mind to really start accepting digital currencies.

• GreenValueHost said: for anyone in their right mind to really start accepting digital currencies

Some hosts already accept btc.

• Those who bought bitcoin early - think they would be so rich now, all companies that adopted it initially.

• We accept Bitcoin on checkout and Lightcoin manually :)

edited December 2013

@Zen It isn't a judgement on bitcoin but a judgement on the way it's viewed by miners, which is important. It's "hey my equipment is now crap and I can't make a quick buck here, next crypto currency." To what end? Vendors shouldn't be thinking about following miners to whatever currency they think they can make a quick buck on, because miners are going to do everything they can to squeeze every penny out of their equipment and it's going to lead to complete chaos if others try to keep up with their madness. Bitcoin is bitcoin, the others are not.

Crypto currencies are at an interesting point right now because of miners, and I would take a step back and observe the coming months before considering taking any steps to follow miners. That is my point. There's not a good real world comparison for this. As far as I know people in mining towns get other jobs when the mine dries up, rather than move somewhere else to start mining whatever else is next in line in value every time. In this reality they just pull a new currency out of thin air and demand it be recognized.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Hi,

We've been accepting LTC for a while now, probably since it was launched, we've recently started accepting Peercoins (PPC) as well.

• jarland said: It isn't a judgement on bitcoin but a judgement on the way it's viewed by miners, which is important. It's "hey my equipment is now crap and I can't make a quick buck here, next crypto currency

You make a pretty good point, totally with you there, especially when everyone wants to launch their own currency after mining a shitton for themselves, just look at what satoshi did with btc.

I don't have an issues transferring my ltc into btc if needed. I just personally thought that since ltc is the second most popular currency (25-40 usd per coin), then it might've been a decent suggestion to any person considering these currencies.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I'm not sure why one would use Litecoins over Bitcoins, seeing as they have zero long-term advantages. The "faster confirmations" aren't worth much as you need more of them, and the "CPU mining" thing isn't worth much either - it only works until ASICs are developed when LTC grows bigger... something even the Litecoin site points out.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • We accept Litecoin automatically. The same as Bitcoin.

• joepie91 said: I'm not sure why one would use Litecoins over Bitcoins, seeing as they have zero long-term advantages. The "faster confirmations" aren't worth much as you need more of them, and the "CPU mining" thing isn't worth much either - it only works until ASICs are developed when LTC grows bigger... something even the Litecoin site points out.

Don't get me wrong I've got a small ltc collection ;)

If this wave dies out I'll still ride it out. I won't invest much though.

• I was looking into setting up something similar but honestly, there needs to be a merchant service for LTC that directly sells the coins right after checkout.
    I.e something similar to coinbase (where merchants can directly sell their bitcoins, once they receive them)

• I will be soon ;)

• We can accept litecoin, just shoot us a message before hand :)

• We haven't begun accepting BTC yet, but we're definitely looking into accepting it in the near future and possibly LTC along with it.