Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Black Friday Deals - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Black Friday Deals

Comments

• @kalimov622 said:
    I can't remember if these are the last year deals or not https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/

no, these are not the last BF offers but offers that were available during the year.

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • @Falzo said: quite some things they had already in between, RS 2000 G9 at 11,20 is a lot of value for instance

Is that price including or excluding VAT?

@plumberg said:

@ralf said:
    For someone that's used netcup before, does "4 dedicated cores" actually mean "4 cores, 8 threads" or "4 dedicated threads, i.e. 2 actual dedicated cores"? Just asking because it's seems a bit odd they only sell dedicated in multiples of 2 cores if they mean actual cores, but makes sense if they mean threads.

I believe its threads

Isn't it misleading that they call them "cores" when they're not cores?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Greatest problem for me has been the term lengths to get these deals... with that being said netcup was one of my main providers for the last couple of years and has been rock solid

• It's way to complected.

• @Daniel15 said:

@Falzo said: quite some things they had already in between, RS 2000 G9 at 11,20 is a lot of value for instance

Is that price including or excluding VAT?

@plumberg said:

@ralf said:
    For someone that's used netcup before, does "4 dedicated cores" actually mean "4 cores, 8 threads" or "4 dedicated threads, i.e. 2 actual dedicated cores"? Just asking because it's seems a bit odd they only sell dedicated in multiples of 2 cores if they mean actual cores, but makes sense if they mean threads.

I believe its threads

Isn't it misleading that they call them "cores" when they're not cores?

Logical cores = threads.

• @chali said:
    It's way to complected.

Why is it so complected?

Congrats on your 24th post

• just as a reminder, their sales activities now started with the domain offers for existing clients, more details here: https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/
    only available when ordering through their control panel though...

• Netcup was stable and fine when i used it last year. Only issue i had was they complaining when doing to much IO on the disk over a few hours, so ended up getting dedi instead.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@crilla said:
    Products and prices are almost the same as last year.

VPS Black Surprise (4 Cores, 240 GB SSD, 10GB) (BF 2020: 7,97 Euro) (now "VPS Black Volcano"??? 7,98 Euro)
    RS 2000 G9 BF20 (AMD EPYC™ 7702, 4 Core, 320 GB SSD, 16GB) (BF 2020: 11,40 Euro) (now 11,20 Euro)
    VPS 1000 G9 BF20 (2 Cores, 160GB SSD, 8GB) (BF 2020: 4,55 Euro) (now 4,99 Euro)

Go compare the prices from AlphaVPS.
    Going to pay +15€ more if you buy the right package.

• @Pappeske said:
    Netcup was stable and fine when i used it last year. Only issue i had was they complaining when doing to much IO on the disk over a few hours, so ended up getting dedi instead.

probably during the whole chia thing they got a bit worried and that might have lead to false positives or the likes. understandable that a dedi is a much better choice in any case, as you won't be bothered by neighbours and such ;-)

• Does anyone knows the specs of RS 4000 G9 SE?

• afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

do they usually do offers on CM too? or just BF?

• @rick2610 said:
    Does anyone knows the specs of RS 4000 G9 SE?

I bet its the same as RS4000 G9, but with 2x as much disk space. It was like that last year.

Thanked by 1rick2610
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2021

soo... 7 am is a bad timing if you have to work or drop off kids at school, so we already missed the initial VPS deal: https://netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2799

however it's 8 am and the first round of RS 2000 at 11,20 is becoming available: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2800

grab it while you can, won't last long...

edit: correction, seems out of stock already after 3 minutes, but maybe try a few times more... it is not even listed on their sonderangebote page yet.

the bigger RS Tornado is here: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2801

ed2: now both are available and can be put into the cart. seems they just added a captcha LOL.

• RS 2000 G9 BF21 is back in stock, at least for now.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • They're still in stock, the previous VPS 1000 G9 was in stock as well for a good half an hour if not more.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @kalimov622 said:
    They're still in stock, the previous VPS 1000 G9 was in stock as well for a good half an hour if not more.

half an hour is a lot, but might be the timing. I wasn't able to get to my desk before 8 and couldn't be bothered with fiddling on mobile... it will have a refill at 11:30 anyway.

I still think the RS 2000 will go out quicker, but there is also a refill around lunchtime.

btw, the tornado indeed matches the XXL from easter, so yeah, nothing surprising....

• Yes, I was quite surprised as well that it lasted for so long. I'm still debating if I should get one or wait for @PHP_Friends's black friday offer :smile:

• @kalimov622 said: I should get one or wait for @PHP_Friends's black friday offer

Shouldn't they have it up already or something? Or they waiting for netcup to end, lol.

I wish that RS 2000 would be little cheaper - like 10€, would buy it ;<

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The fucking PREPAY x months is killing me

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Would have bought if it did not have the long contract period

• I try to order one but the "friendly captcha" takes minutes to continue

• I had no problems with captcha, took like 5 seconds to validate.
    Anyway what you buying @rick2610 - RS 2000 or Tornado?

• rick2610rick2610 Member
    edited November 2021

@JabJab said:
    I had no problems with captcha, took like 5 seconds to validate.
    Anyway what you buying @rick2610 - RS 2000 or Tornado?

RS 2000, used different browser now without ublock/antitracking

And You?

• Waiting for the specs of RS Black Flash

• I am still fighting over buying the RS 2000 finally. don't need it now, but wanted to have it for a long time. could potentially push back to december, as I am pretty sure it will pop up in their advent calendar thingy again.

yet... it's BF... need to buy something, right?

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • @rick2610 said: And You?

Nothing, too poor atm to throw 70€ into RS 2000. I am on @Falzo level atm :P

• @Bangumi said:
    Waiting for the specs of RS Black Flash

my bet is on 2core, 12GB, 320GB ... does not look like they are coming up with surprisingly new specs for anything anyway.

Thanked by 1Bangumi
  • nfnnfn Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Neoon said:
    The fucking PREPAY x months is killing me

It's the same as a yearly deal... You won't be wrong with Netcup.
    We see these yearly offers everywhere in LET

I use them for about 5 years and they are very solid.

• I second that bet. +4GB RAM +120 GB disk in comparison to normal RS 1000.
    They won't give 4 cores, that would make other useless. If you need more RAM/disk than in RS1000 but you have enough compute power this is pretty nice. I need moar cores ;<