Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let me introduce you: ST-Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Let me introduce you: ST-Hosting

sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2021 in Providers

Since some of you have already heard about me in the Black Friday Thread (which is already closed :P ), I would like to introduce you to my company: ST-Hosting. :)

ST-Hosting (signaltransmitter.de) is an internet service provider offering high quality service and low prices in all business areas (vServers, Domains, Webhosting, SSL, Dedicated Server as well as Colocation) since 2013.

Due to our prepaid system, our products can be ordered and used by almost anyone without any risk. There is no contract commitment, which is why no cancellation is necessary.

We offer our products exclusively with DDoS Protection to provide the best possible experience.

Our products can be extended and upgraded almost at will, which makes a complicated change between products almost completely avoidable. In this way, you as a customer save time and, above all, money.

We want to make sure that our customers get the products first hand. Therefore we purchase many domain TLD's directly from the responsible registry (EURid, nic.at, etc.), which is why we can offer you the best prices here.

Also our vServer and Webspace products are exclusively hosted on our own hardware in Frankfurt, so we can guarantee a smooth operation due to very short response times.

As a RIPE member, we also obtain our IP addresses from first-hand sources. Our outstanding ratings confirm our work again and again. We would be pleased to convince you as well!

All the facts about us in a short summary:

• Internet service provider
  • Founded in 2013
  • Hosting on own infrastructure in Frankfurt (in aixit and first-colo datacenter)
  • Member of the RIR organization RIPE as LIR
  • Automatic order delivery in 60 seconds!
  • individual, customized products (on request)
  • exceptionally low prices, exceptionally good quality
  • prepaid system (no contract conclusion, no contractual commitment, no cancellation required)
  • very different kinds of payment methodes (klarna/sofort, paypal, crypto, paysafecard, eps, credit card..)
  • high quality DDoS protection
  • self-developed vServer and customer panel
  • professionally trained and well-positioned team
  • outstanding customer ratings (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/signaltransmitter.de)

Otherwise, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me here in the thread or in person in our live chat!

Thank you for your time and stay safe!
Marco from ST-Hosting

Comments

• I want to see the threats you’re making on Black Friday.

Thanked by 2sthosting ariq01
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    I want to see the threats you’re making on Black Friday.

https://signaltransmitter.de/black-friday

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

@skorupion said:

@Nekki said:

I think he meant the spelling mistake I've made on the first sentence :D I've wrote threat instead of thread :D

• Stable Stainless Still Stay Steal

• kheng86kheng86 Member
    edited November 2021

Welcome :)

Thanked by 1sthosting

@kheng86 said:
    Welcome :)

Thank you :)

• afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

What kind of cpus are you using? X vcpu is vague, it might be a 10 years old xeon with 1.6 ghz or a modern Xeon silver/gold (epyc like in perfomance).

You don't specify if cores are fair share/dedicated (see netcup's and buyVM's websites to get a good example). I am assuming root server=> dedi cores, otherwise shared?

Your ToS are in German even in English version.

You do not specify the "Fair Use limit". What is that limit. Fairness vary from one person to another. Few days ago we had someone who thought if they have a VPS they should beat the shit out of his traffic allowance otherwise it would be a waste.
    Found this page after digging up: https://signaltransmitter.de/en/faq/kundenportal/fair-use-regelung

just make that "fair use" a hyperlink that links to this page directly and save your clients the trouble!

One of the links to root server, gives this link
    https://signaltransmitter.de/en/root-server
    which does not work

vServer comparisonfrom 1,99 €
    [Translate to Englisch:] Dedicated Server mieten

This in the menu is not properly translated.

Do you remove vat for non EU customers?

Other than that, the offers do no seem bad at all! (except maybe for the 250GB traffic "limit" imho).

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • I'm using LXC Server and the CPU is AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor. I can recommend this provider. Marco the owner is also very friendly. Give it a try.

Thanked by 2afn sthosting
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@sthosting said:

@skorupion said:

@Nekki said:

I think he meant the spelling mistake I've made on the first sentence :D I've wrote threat instead of thread :D

threads and threats same shit.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Only idiots create threads.

And only idiots create threats in this era.

• @deank said:
    Only idiots create threads.

And only idiots create threats in this era.

It’s it acceptable to threaten to thread?

@afn said:
    What kind of cpus are you using? X vcpu is vague, it might be a 10 years old xeon with 1.6 ghz or a modern Xeon silver/gold (epyc like in perfomance).

You don't specify if cores are fair share/dedicated (see netcup's and buyVM's websites to get a good example). I am assuming root server=> dedi cores, otherwise shared?

Okay, at first, thank you for your feedback :) - I am trying to answer your questions.
    We're using shared cores on our LXC vServer Products an dedicated Cores on our KVM Products. We don't overbook our systems.

Our current hostsystem-generation uses a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X for LXC aswell for KVM Systems.
    The generation we previously used was Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4214 CPU Dual CPU Systems for our LXC Products and Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5120 CPU Dual CPU Systems for our KVM products.

Your ToS are in German even in English version.

That's right. For a german company it is much expensive to make certified translations of TOS. That's the reason why it is on German.

You do not specify the "Fair Use limit". What is that limit. Fairness vary from one person to another. Few days ago we had someone who thought if they have a VPS they should beat the shit out of his traffic allowance otherwise it would be a waste.
    Found this page after digging up: https://signaltransmitter.de/en/faq/kundenportal/fair-use-regelung

just make that "fair use" a hyperlink that links to this page directly and save your clients the trouble!

That's a very good point. I will speak to my marketing to place it directly on the order sites :)

One of the links to root server, gives this link
    https://signaltransmitter.de/en/root-server
    which does not work

vServer comparisonfrom 1,99 €
    [Translate to Englisch:] Dedicated Server mieten

This in the menu is not properly translated.

That's another point we've to fix. Thank you for the hint!

Do you remove vat for non EU customers?

The VAT for non EU customers will be removed automatically on the invoices, but the prices on the website are fix aswell for the non-EU customers.

>

Other than that, the offers do no seem bad at all! (except maybe for the 250GB traffic "limit" imho).

We will increase the limit to 25 TB / Month per Server :)

Thank you :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Nekki said:
    It’s it acceptable to threaten to thread?

It is entirely acceptable to thread a threat.

• @sthosting said: We will increase the limit to 25 TB / Month per Server

That's a generous limit.

@sthosting said: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X... Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4214 CPU Dual CPU... Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5120 CPU Dual.

None of these is bad. You should really mention them. They are a good selling point imho. For instance, you will find some providers proudly mentioning their dual E5-2650L, which is a 10 years old cpu :joy: (but honestly, not complaining they still get the job done for most uses)

Thanked by 1sthosting

Hehe oh dudes :D - If I opened this in the wrong category, @mod please feel free to move it :)
    I've read carefully the rules and there was not a proper location listed, where new providers have an option to introduce :) (I don't offer any deals here so "Offers" was the wrong place in my opinion.

@afn said:

@sthosting said: We will increase the limit to 25 TB / Month per Server

That's a generous limit.

I've already raised the limits in the FAQ :)

@sthosting said: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X... Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4214 CPU Dual CPU... Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5120 CPU Dual.

None of these is bad. You should really mention them. They are a good selling point imho. For instance, you will find some providers proudly mentioning their dual E5-2650L, which is a 10 years old cpu :joy: (but honestly, not complaining they still get the job done for most uses)

I will mention the host-systems in the future :) Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate it!

• My mangled brain consistently scans sthosting as ‘shit-hosting’.

• @sthosting said:
    Since some of you have already heard about me in the Black Friday Thread (which is already closed :P ), I would like to introduce you to my company: ST-Hosting. :)

Welcome. It's always nice when a provider introduces themselves. :)

Thanked by 2sthosting jsg
  • @Nekki said:
    My mangled brain consistently scans sthosting as ‘shit-hosting’.

you are so used to seeing shit on LET, that you deny to see things otherwise...

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • @afn said:

@Nekki said:
    My mangled brain consistently scans sthosting as ‘shit-hosting’.

you are so used to seeing shit on LET, that you deny to see things otherwise...

LET is a turd coated in shit, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

• Welcome :) It was about time you made a proper introduction ;)

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • nice Sir 👍

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • Congratulated to LET Provider

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • Tempted, but might wait until the LEB black Friday offers. Does anyone have any benchmarks they can post

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

@nocloud said:
    Tempted, but might wait until the LEB black Friday offers. Does anyone have any benchmarks they can post

for the lxc:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-10-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Nov 17 02:38:42 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3700.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 6.0 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 117.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 176.69 MB/s  (44.1k) | 474.72 MB/s   (7.4k)
    Write      | 177.16 MB/s  (44.2k) | 477.22 MB/s   (7.4k)
    Total      | 353.85 MB/s  (88.4k) | 951.95 MB/s  (14.8k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 530.06 MB/s   (1.0k) | 539.49 MB/s    (526)
    Write      | 558.23 MB/s   (1.0k) | 575.42 MB/s    (561)
    Total      | 1.08 GB/s     (2.1k) | 1.11 GB/s     (1.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 207 Mbits/sec   | 200 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 207 Mbits/sec   | 200 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 206 Mbits/sec   | 200 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 194 Mbits/sec   | 195 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 130 Mbits/sec   | 191 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 155 Mbits/sec   | 189 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 144 Mbits/sec   | 184 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 205 Mbits/sec   | 197 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 206 Mbits/sec   | 198 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 205 Mbits/sec   | 198 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 190 Mbits/sec   | 192 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 158 Mbits/sec   | 186 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1222
    Multi Core      | 2416
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11043602

Thanked by 2nocloud sthosting
  • @sthosting
    i bought two VPS from ST-Hosting.
    can i get 2 month extra? 😉

@adanforest said:
    @sthosting

Hehe, you get 2 month automatically for free if you pay the server for 1 year :)

• any cheap 1gb ram yearly deal? :)

• LeviLevi Member
    edited November 2021

Provide more info on ddos protection. What hardware you use, what software? What is the largest attack you have encountered. How many staff work for you?

• @sthosting said:

@adanforest said:
    @sthosting

Hehe, you get 2 month automatically for free if you pay the server for 1 year :)

i've bought one vps for 6 month, that's way :|