Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP-Friends vServer Schnupperspecial 2021 NVMe - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP-Friends vServer Schnupperspecial 2021 NVMe

Comments

• @dzungbb said:
    Sold Out?

Gone with the wind -- it didn't last long!

• Got one this morning

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2021

I tested this server a little bit.

It has "just 2 cores", but according to my tests with nginx its the same performance as 4core ARM from Oracle Instance where GB5 multicore is 2x better...
    Its also 4x faster than RackNerd 2vCPU plan! Geekbench 5 results doesnt show that big difference in favor of PHP-Friends so I think nginx performance is so good because PHP-Friends doesnt put that many clients into one physical servers (thats also why they can give dedicated CPU) so there's more CPU L1/L2/L3 cache available / shorter queue for computing and because of that nginx performance is on level of 4vCore.

NVMe speed and network are blazing fast. PHP-Friends (Frankfurt) to Netcup (Nuremberg) latency is just 4ms. Latency to homes in Poland is around 20ms (for ex. Kraków 18ms, which is way better than netcup/Hetzner).

Amazing value. Looks like PHP-Friends will become my favorite provider, I just need to check how it looks in longer term (network uptime etc.) :)

@jsg I think you would be amazed about IO performance of this thing :)

Thanked by 3dev_vps hyperblast pike
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@AXYZE said:

I've heard good things about them multiple times but unfortunately I didn't have a chance to test one of their VMs yet.

• This is perfect for developer workstation running 24x7. Much better than 2 vCPU azure VM.

Very fast and excellent performance.
    👍🏼👍🏼

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • OutdoorOutdoor Member
    edited November 2021

How good is this CPU compare to BuyVM witch have much better yabs score?

Or compare to this https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3302987/#Comment_3302987

• @AXYZE said:
    I tested this server a little bit.

It has "just 2 cores", but according to my tests with nginx its the same performance as 4core ARM from Oracle Instance where GB5 multicore is 2x better...
    Its also 4x faster than RackNerd 2vCPU plan! Geekbench 5 results doesnt show that big difference in favor of PHP-Friends so I think nginx performance is so good because PHP-Friends doesnt put that many clients into one physical servers (thats also why they can give dedicated CPU) so there's more CPU L1/L2/L3 cache available / shorter queue for computing and because of that nginx performance is on level of 4vCore.

NVMe speed and network are blazing fast. PHP-Friends (Frankfurt) to Netcup (Nuremberg) latency is just 4ms. Latency to homes in Poland is around 20ms (for ex. Kraków 18ms, which is way better than netcup/Hetzner).

Amazing value. Looks like PHP-Friends will become my favorite provider, I just need to check how it looks in longer term (network uptime etc.) :)

You just have to deal with the twice yearly node maintenance 20 min each.

• I got one, unpaid. Do they need id verification?

• @Fritz said: Do they need id verification?

Possible.

• @angstrom said:

@dzungbb said:
    Sold Out?

Gone with the wind -- it didn't last long!

happy to got one. :)

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

We have some unpaid invoices, because of that we will restock some servers in a few minutes :)

Thanked by 2AXYZE Ympker
  • how can i encrypt the whole php vserver? i am using debian 10 minimal.

• @dzungbb said:
    Sold Out?

RESTOCKED FOR LIMITED TIME!

• @hyperblast said:
    how can i encrypt the whole php vserver? i am using debian 10 minimal.

You should look at "encrypted LVM" tutorials, but encryption key is always stored in RAM when your use your VPS, because it needs it to decrypt data and host can easily read RAM.

• CiprianoOscarCiprianoOscar Member, Host Rep

@Chalipa said:

@gapper said:
    do they offer free DirectAdmin license like BuyVM?

No

you really think you have 2 dedicated cores , 8 GB RAM 160GB SSDNVMe at 5€?

lol

• Great deal and all but i think i'll wait the real deals

• @henix said:
    Great deal and all but i think i'll wait the real deals

Real means?

• @ChaoscripT said:

@henix said:
    Great deal and all but i think i'll wait the real deals

Real means?

The bf deals

• Anyone happen to know what Virtio drivers from the CD to use to get Windows 2019 installed on the server or is there not enough disk space for a Windows install?

• @henix said:

i steal your pics

• afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

@pike said: You can just send them a fax, as per german standard procedures. Please refrain from displaying one of the leading world economies as backwards and unflexible.

You are not making them look any better... You do realize you are showing them as "backward and unflexible" just by putting the word "fax" and "german standard procedures" in the same sentence right?

tho I won't really complain, I dealt with contabo, hostslick, Hetzner and maybe few others, they are all german and never had issues with their cancellation, not more than any non-german providers. Tho netcup and php-friends seem to be trickier when it comes to cancellation.

Thanked by 2TimboJones Zyra
  • @PHP_Friends still no tor relays allowed?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@CiprianoOscar said:
    you really think you have 2 dedicated cores , 8 GB RAM 160GB SSDNVMe at 5€?

That would indeed sound unlikely ... but hey, BF is around the corner ...

edited November 2021

Look, there may be BlackFriday too, but I really doubt those cores are dedicated. The price is really too low. There are hosts that really offer 2 dedicated cores and for a VPS with 4-8GB of ram, start asking around € 15-20 for a vps.

• @CiprianoOscar said: Guarda, potrà esserci anche il BlackFriday, ma io dubito davvero che quei core siano dedicati. Il prezzo è davvero troppo basso. Ci sono hosting che offrono davvero 2 core dedicati e per una VPS con 4-8GB di ram, iniziare a chiedere circa 15-20€ per una vps.

English please.

@JabJab said:

@CiprianoOscar said: Guarda, potrà esserci anche il BlackFriday, ma io dubito davvero che quei core siano dedicati. Il prezzo è davvero troppo basso. Ci sono hosting che offrono davvero 2 core dedicati e per una VPS con 4-8GB di ram, iniziare a chiedere circa 15-20€ per una vps.

English please.

Sorry, my bad

• @AXYZE said:

I got one of the 2018 Winterspecial and one Schnupperspecial from 2019 and they're still going strong. Zero complaints!

Thanked by 2AXYZE dev_vps
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2021

@CiprianoOscar said:
    Look, there may be BlackFriday too, but I really doubt those cores are dedicated. The price is really too low. There are hosts that really offer 2 dedicated cores and for a VPS with 4-8GB of ram, start asking around € 15-20 for a vps.

PHP-Friends had Intel Xeon Gold CPUs before they switched to AMD EPYC. Some people cancel VPS after time so there's more unused resources in physical server.

PHP-Friends can:

• make short offer to sell resources that are idling to maximize earnings in very short time and slow down process of people abandoning their services because of good price.
    • dont do anything at all and waste resources
    • Make offer at same price as AMD Epyc offer to confuse people and wait god knows how much to refill older Xeon servers.

They chose first option. These servers already paid for themselfes, there wasn't much resources left (but there was some) so it was refilled in 16 hrs and they just got new customers and more money without investing single cent. They already have this server for some years, we just refilled unused resources and PHP-Friends maximized their earnings. That is good for us and them.

• Ordered also one, I'm switching from the 2020 Schnupperspecial offer with 2x E5-2630, 10 GB RAM and 65 GB SSD. I'm customer since 2018, php-friends is highly recommendable.

@xx00xx said:
    @PHP_Friends still no tor relays allowed?

Still not allowed, according to their TOS.

• Since this is such a good deal, I bought one as well. Just don't know what to do with it as of the moment.

Thanked by 2dzungbb webcraft