Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[So you Start] New range released! - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[So you Start] New range released!

Comments

• Can VMware be installed on soyoustart servers and can I order more than one IP per server?

• DetruireDetruire Member
    edited December 2021

@david_W said: From first batch of SYS-2-SAT-32 available in BHS. Not as exciting as my KS-LE order from today. Only got a slightly upgraded CPU and 250Mbps external uplink. However the 10Gbps link is very interesting...

It looks like they connected the wrong port on that server, or didn't add the 1GbE card.

My SYS-2-SAT-32 appears to have 2x10GbE onboard (eth1/eth2) and 2x1GbE via an add-in card (eth3/eth4).

• @CRowen said:
    Can VMware be installed on soyoustart servers and can I order more than one IP per server?

Sure

@Detruire said:

My SYS-2-SAT-32 appears to have 2x10GbE onboard (eth1/eth2) and 2x1GbE via an add-in card (eth3/eth4).

Hi @Destroy :)
    In which mainboard your dedi is?

• @ThracianDog said:

France. Didn't score 4x4TB or Gbps up but I did manage to get D-1541. Still a win :smiley:

So we stop... dreaming about 4x4 formulas

• @CRowen said:
    Can VMware be installed on soyoustart servers and can I order more than one IP per server?

Yes, but Vmware doesn't do software RAID I believe, something to consider.

• @fredo1664 said:

@CRowen said:

Yes, but Vmware doesn't do software RAID I believe, something to consider.

Install OS with RAID-1 first, then install VMware

• SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited December 2021

@bsh said:

@ThracianDog said:

France. Didn't score 4x4TB or Gbps up but I did manage to get D-1541. Still a win :smiley:

So we stop... dreaming about 4x4 formulas

4x4 isn't enough, now it has to come with 10Gbps up link

• Install OS with RAID-1 first, then install VMware

I must be missing something. I don't think vmware's kernel supports software RAID. Do you mind explaining how you achieve this?

• bshbsh Member
    edited December 2021

@fredo1664 said:

I must be missing something. I don't think vmware's kernel supports software RAID. Do you mind explaining how you achieve this?

You didn't miss it. It's me to miss "soft" word. Sorry!

ESXi does not support any software RAID functions. But you could "cheat" to have SoftRAID1 by creating an at-first-booted box being assigned storage space from disk 3 and disk 4 to have soft RAID1 (assuming vmware on single disk 1), for running NFS server; then next boxes will use the disk space via local loop NFS or iSCSI.

• Dreaming of 16TB

• @bsh said:

@fredo1664 said:

You didn't miss it. It's me to miss "soft" word. Sorry!

ESXi does not support any software RAID functions. But you could "cheat" to have SoftRAID1 by creating an at-first-booted box being assigned storage space from disk 3 and disk 4 to have soft RAID1 (assuming vmware on single disk 1), for running NFS server; then next boxes will use the disk space via local loop NFS or iSCSI.

You could do that indeed, great workaround :)

• @ninzo59 when SYS-2-SAT-32 will be restocked?

• @kkiskk said:
    @ninzo59 when SYS-2-SAT-32 will be restocked?

May be after they delivered to customers like me who paid already and waiting for them. :/

• @l2o88j said:

@kkiskk said:
    @ninzo59 when SYS-2-SAT-32 will be restocked?

May be after they delivered to customers like me who paid already and waiting for them. :/

Join the club

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2021

Raise a support ticket lads, let them know customers who purchased after you are having orderers fulfilled.

• @Nekki said:
    Raise a support ticket lads, let them know customers who purchased after you are having orderers fulfilled.

seems they never reply tickets which about orders :#

• @hotsnow said:

@Nekki said:

Everyone’s fucked then.

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited December 2021

@Nekki said:

@hotsnow said:

@Nekki said:

Everyone’s fucked then.

No hate against beeboy, but looks like he waited an entire day before paying his invoice. I think you have like 1-2 weeks to pay the invoice and some people probably thought they had reserved the server and could pay whenever they want. And what happens if they pay after the stock runs out? Nothing to do but wait :)

My point being, don't blame ovh when it's not their fault.

Dec 1:

Managed to get in my invoice before it sold out!

Dec 2:

I have an invoice for SYS 2 sat that I haven’t paid. I finally managed to get a LE server from KS. Let me if anyone wants it. France DC.

Dec 3:

Wondering what my chances are if I pay my invoice right now to join the 16TB gang.

• @smallbibi said:

@Nekki said:

@hotsnow said:

@Nekki said:

Everyone’s fucked then.

No hate against beeboy, but looks like he waited an entire day before paying his invoice. I think you have like 1-2 weeks to pay the invoice and some people probably thought they had reserved the server and could pay whenever they want. And what happens if they pay after the stock runs out? Nothing to do but wait :)

Dec 1:

Dec 2:

I have an invoice for SYS 2 sat that I haven’t paid. I finally managed to get a LE server from KS. Let me if anyone wants it. France DC.

Dec 3:

Wondering what my chances are if I pay my invoice right now to join the 16TB gang.

Spot on. But don’t they generate invoice commensurate to the number of machines available? Used to think that. Not anymore. But ninzo has mentioned all invoices will be honoured.

• @smallbibi said:

The stock perhaps run out, this is very easy understand, but it’s not always the reason that people send ticket every time, such as, my account already been validated on Nov 25th, and ordered a server on Dec 1th, they sent me an email which need validate again, so I sent the documents again, but until today, I got no any reply form them, it's frustrating.

• @TheBrokenBee said: But don’t they generate invoice commensurate to the number of machines available?

most likely. also it's very probable that they release machines back to the availability pool after some time passed and the invoice is not paid by then (1 day? some hours?).

so you could run into a situation where you have a (still) valid order and invoice but there is no stock anymore. you'll have to be patient and wait then, I guess.... however don't know for sure, just think that's a reasonable approach.

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited December 2021

@TheBrokenBee said: Spot on. But don’t they generate invoice commensurate to the number of machines available? Used to think that. Not anymore.

If they really did that, there will be lots of people like you wasting their time and money for 14 days. And people have actually tried to resell those "invoices", sometimes for a profit. The fact that you tried to even sell your invoice means you were willing to sell your entire ovh account meaning you filled it up with fake data?

@TheBrokenBee said: But ninzo has mentioned all invoices will be honoured.

Yes, I think all you can do is wait. You've tagged him at least 4 times now. Virmach also complained about you posting non-stop about your ryzen upgrade and posting your order number three times to get him to spin the wheel. I think you need to chill a bit.

@hotsnow said: The stock perhaps run out, this is very easy understand, but it’s not always the reason that people send ticket every time, such as, my account already been validated on Nov 25th, and ordered a server on Dec 1th, they sent me an email which need validate again, so I sent the documents again, but until today, I got no any reply form them, it's frustrating.

Ovh is known to have slow support. That's life, you can't have cheap, fast and good at the same time. I think it would be slightly better for non-billing support.

• @smallbibi said:

@TheBrokenBee said: Spot on. But don’t they generate invoice commensurate to the number of machines available? Used to think that. Not anymore.

If they really did that, there will be lots of people like you wasting their time and money for 14 days. And people have actually tried to resell those "invoices", sometimes for a profit. The fact that you tried to even sell your invoice means you were willing to sell your entire ovh account meaning you filled it up with fake data?

@TheBrokenBee said: But ninzo has mentioned all invoices will be honoured.

Yes, I think all you can do is wait. You've tagged him at least 4 times now. Virmach also complained about you posting non-stop about your ryzen upgrade and posting your order number three times to get him to spin the wheel. I think you need to chill a bit.

@hotsnow said: The stock perhaps run out, this is very easy understand, but it’s not always the reason that people send ticket every time, such as, my account already been validated on Nov 25th, and ordered a server on Dec 1th, they sent me an email which need validate again, so I sent the documents again, but until today, I got no any reply form them, it's frustrating.

Ovh is known to have slow support. That's life, you can't have cheap, fast and good at the same time. I think it would be slightly better for non-billing support.

Where did virmach post that?

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@smallbibi said:

@Nekki said:

@hotsnow said:

@Nekki said:

Everyone’s fucked then.

Dec 1:

Dec 2:

Dec 3:

Spot on. But don’t they generate invoice commensurate to the number of machines available? Used to think that. Not anymore. But ninzo has mentioned all invoices will be honoured.

I did the same as this a while back with a Kimsufi (paid after a couple of days). Waited ~a week with nothing and contacted them about it, they got back to me 1-2 days later letting me know they no longer have a server in stock for me and cancelled/refunded. May or may not be the same, but it seems you can be invoiced without one being there, especially if leaving it a couple of days.

• @bsh said:

@CRowen said:

Sure

@Detruire said:

Hi @Destroy :)
    In which mainboard your dedi is?

Thanks for your comment, I am checking whether to take a server in sys or in kimsufi, but I see that in the latter the server offers are running out and surely on blackfriday many bought servers by the lot.

• TheBrokenBeeTheBrokenBee Member
    edited December 2021

I really have been a twat. I do need to calm down and maybe even get the fuck off LET. Shit that’s embarrassing.

@VirMach please accept my apologies

• @Nekki said:

No reply to the ticket after i asked about it. Had this as first and only reply (until now)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OVHcloud technical support.

If I understand correctly, your order is taking a longer time.

In the current moment the validation team having a massive demand due to black Friday discounts, we invite you to be patience until you get new updates from validation.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Anyone interested in the SYS-2-SAT-32, its now in stock at their Canada DC.

Thanked by 1bsh
  • @Detruire said:

@david_W said: From first batch of SYS-2-SAT-32 available in BHS. Not as exciting as my KS-LE order from today. Only got a slightly upgraded CPU and 250Mbps external uplink. However the 10Gbps link is very interesting...

It looks like they connected the wrong port on that server, or didn't add the 1GbE card.

It turns out there are 4 NICs on the SYS-2-SAT-32 motherboard, 2x10Gbps and 2x1Gbps

In my case, OVH decided to use the 10GbE port instead of the GbE one and also configurated 10GbE on the switch side.

In my other case of the SYS-1-SAT-32, it's using a similar version of the motherboard has 2x10GbE port, on the switch it's capped to 1GbE speed.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog