Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which providers allow mining?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which providers allow mining?

ArkasArkas Moderator

The question isn't for me, but a close friend of mine asked, and I don't know the answer.
He means GPU mining.
Thanks!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Arkas said: The question isn't for me, but a close friend of mine

That's what they all say :joy:

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@DP said: That's what they all say

I would not have any issue to ask the question for myself, I don't consider the topic a taboo. I just personally think with energy costs, it really just isn't worth it. I have no qualms with miners.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Yeah I know, just saying, no hard feelings mate :)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@DP said: Yeah I know, just saying, no hard feelings mate

No problemo :smiley:

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited October 2021

@Arkas said:
    …. I just personally think with energy costs, it really just isn't worth it. I have no qualms with miners.

North Texas Siblings Make $35K a Month Mining Cryptocurrency
    https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/10/13/young-texas-siblings-gaming-computer-cryptocurrency-mining-machine/

From the link above:
    The Whinstone facility in Rockdale, Texas is the largest Bitcoin mining operation in North America.

• lifehost360_comlifehost360_com Member, Host Rep

putting a GPU miner into commercial datacenter seldom makes sense. at least in Europe...

In Bulgaria you have a public energy price of ~0,10€, which seems to be the cheapest in EU. Switzerland is a bit more expensive with approx. 0,15€.

If you know what and how to do, it´s cheaper to build and maintain it yourself, because any service provider need to earn something with you, which means it will lower your profit.

Hint: If you have money to buy GPU-miners, you should take into consideration to also buy some photovoltaic. Consuming only sunpower is at ~0,02€ per kWh incl. LiFePo4 battery.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

There are few solutions with servers offering GPU for other things than gaming and those are very expensive.
    There are compute offers using GPU specials, but, again, that is expensive AF.
    You wont make profit with that, not even coming close to breaking even unless you mine now and sell at a later date 10x.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Arkas said:
    The question isn't for me, but a close friend of mine asked, and I don't know the answer.
    He means GPU mining.
    Thanks!

We can Colo you some space on condition.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Arkas said:
    He means GPU mining.
    Thanks!

Mining is hard but you can find some providers who allow mining however you can hardly find them on forums. You can find such providers using google.