Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you really care about type of backup for your plans?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you really care about type of backup for your plans?

hostcomtwhostcomtw Member
edited October 2021 in General

**Will you consider what is the backup type of web hosting provider using for your packages?
For the hosting services, backup methods are much important, should be one of the features that need to be considered as well. Backup copies allow you to restore your data in a reliable and secure way. There are 3 basic backup types: full, incremental, and differential backup.

Full backup: it’s the full copy of your all data that have been done once a week, it means taking a lot of time-consuming and is the least flexible backup method.
Incremental backup: it will copy all the files that were changed after finishing the last backup. The incremental backup method takes a shorter retore window since it copied files fewer than a full backup, so can save up storage space and increase backup speed. However, this way will take more time-consuming to carry out the complete restore.
Differential backup: the principle of this backup is the files have changed since the last full backup. The advantage is shorter restore time over incremental backup. Besides, the amounts of backup data will increase with each copy until the next full backup.

Have you heard about JetBackup? It is software that allows you to backup your cPanel account quickly and efficiently through cPanel Remote. It is also called “point-in-time incremental backup”.
Impressive features:
1. Full account backup
2. Restore MySQL Database backups
3. Restore File Backups

What is the backup method of your plan now?

Comments

• borgbackup

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • HayashimaHayashima Member
    edited October 2021

I just simply use Google drive to backup the whole vps, because business account has unlimited space, and it's cheap. Also you can't lose any data with them no matter what happens to their DC.

I don't have any service that does sneeky things, so I don't care about if Google can see those data or not.

Thanked by 2Alireza pike
  • @Hayashima said:
    I just simply use Google drive to backup the whole vps, because business account has unlimited space, and it's cheap. Also you can't lose any data with them no matter what happens to their DC.

I don't have any service that does sneeky things, so I don't care about if Google can see those data or not.

What is the cost per month?

• @Jackcool said:

@Hayashima said:

12USD/Month/User for Google workspace account. Has unlimited Google drive space, so you can back up everything.

• @Hayashima said:

@Jackcool said:

@Hayashima said:

12USD/Month/User for Google workspace account. Has unlimited Google drive space, so you can back up everything.

it says "2 TB cloud storage per user" I wont try to fill that with 10tb of data then later Google will announce the extra charges or to impose the limits so you lose 8TB of data.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Of course I care about what type of backup is offered, Not all of us have the time to manually backup many VPSs so auto backup and restore off site is a must.

• @Hayashima said:

@Jackcool said:

@Hayashima said:

Ya. No. You want the $20m Enterprise account.

• I mean backup method for web hosting actually!

• you need a tool like JetBackup ! full VPS backup is useless, you need to give clients the ability to restore them self ... Full back it takes time to exact a single account .. As s a client I want to be able to backup-restore when I want

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

How much were you paid to make this post? Hopefully nothing above the minimum on Fiverr.