Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuickWeb UK Server - Spitfire - Currently Down - Possible Data Corruption
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuickWeb UK Server - Spitfire - Currently Down - Possible Data Corruption

aubsaubs Member
edited March 2012 in General

QuickWeb's UK server, Spitfire is currently down, possible data corruption?

http://secure.quickweb.co.nz/system/announcements.php?id=44

... we suggest everyone who can access their VPS to backup your data immediately.

Comments

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited March 2012

An update from their website.

Just a further update on the recent incident in UK Node Spitfire, we regret to inform you that we maybe suffering from file system curruption that preventing to stabilise the system causing CPU spikes that is causing further down time. We thought the data partition containg VPS data are still intact thus we can still possibiliy migrate everyone when we got a new machine ready.

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited March 2012

@Taylor If this is a VZ node with /vz partitioned off, just take the node down and begin a fsck on vz straightaway, then reinstall the host OS immediately afterward (saving /vz, of course). Attempting to migrate while the filesystem is kicking out errors will not end well!

• aubsaubs Member

@vps6net I hope they know this!

• aubsaubs Member

Looks like my VPS has come back up :) Lets hope everyone else's data is safe.

• @vps6net

I should of posted that I was copying that from their website as they updated the information, im not a representative of them.

• aubsaubs Member

Looks like I spoke too soon. Back down again.

• aubsaubs Member

@DotVPS I did see that, thanks. Looks like they did what @vps6net suggested and all is back up and running now.

I like it how on a server issue status update they try and sell a better, faster service!

To be fair, I've not had any issues at all with QuickWeb in the UK and the uptime is pretty impressive (no evidence as I reboot myself from time to time when I'm tinkering.