Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NameCheap not good
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NameCheap not good

After making an order when there were still avalaible coupons $0.98 , and after waiting for minutes for paypal processing, i get this:

Payment Source: PAYPAL
Initial Charge: $1.16
Final Cost: $0.00

Total Refund: N/A
Refund Transaction ID: N/A
Refunded To: N/A

TITLE QTY DURATION PRICE SUB TOTAL

Free WhoisGuard **
[FAILED]
1 year
$0.00
$0.00
Setup $0.00

Related item failed.

Register
[FAILED]
1 year
$0.98
$0.98
ICANN Fee $0.18

Coupon code usage has exceeded the limit.
Sub Total $1.16
TOTAL $0.00
Additional Transaction Details

That's not fair, if they cannot hold the big demand they should not be in business

Comments

• Oh ya, just contact Namecheap. I know a few people who got this, Namecheap just has to manually redo your order.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2013

You know if you're looking to catch a fast sale from someone, you should really keep up with their real time updates.

That was fast. Shared hosting coupon sold out! If you're going for $0.98 registrations in 48 min, be sure to pre-fund your account :)

Can't say they didn't warn you.

• Same thing happened with me. chatting with live support atm.

• Coupon code usage has exceeded the limit.

As usually. Bad service and fraud. From year to year.

• Namecheap is very professional company you should contact their live chat and see what they can do.

• shawn123 said: you should contact their live chat and see what they can do

-Nothing! I know. I did it last year.

• That was fast. Shared hosting coupon sold out! If you're going for $0.98 registrations in 48 min, be sure to pre-fund your account :)

This is not a question of pre-funding, because the real problem here is the delay of processing payments-orders. When I made the order there was still 300 coupons available, exactly at 1:00 pm was done.

it was looping and looping for minutes after paypal could contact namecheap for processing the payment, if pre-fund would have been done response fron namecheap would have been the same

• Namecheap isn't bad at all. My favorite domain seller. Got my 4th domain now via live chat.

• There's no way to pre-fund namecheap for $1.16 only anyway. The minimal sum is $5 I think.

• @shawn123 said:
    Namecheap is very professional company you should contact their live chat and see what they can do.

Nothing to do, they claim that no coupons were available

anybody of you got domains?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You can't really get mad at them. Should they infinitely extend the coupon because people are so interested in it that it causes server problems? That would only make the problem worse. You have to have a ceiling, and if people will hit that ceiling no matter how high you construct it, then you will have people upset that it isn't higher every time. It's pure logic.

• trexos said: Namecheap isn't bad at all.

Glad to hear it but I'm not a masochist!

• @jarland said:
    You can't really get mad at them. Should they infinitely extend the coupon because people are so interested in it that it causes server problems? That would only make the problem worse. You have to have a ceiling, and if people will hit that ceiling no matter how high you construct it, then you will have people upset that it isn't higher every time. It's pure logic.

I get that, funny thing here is that i got a positive 0,98$ shopping cart confirming the order, got charged from paypal but after all order was cancelled, for me that's an internal mistake that confirms their control processes don't work.

Anyway i will try again for next promotion

• Stay awake tonight they are repeating the same pattern again and again so maybe you can register then.

• shawn123 said: Stay awake tonight they are repeating the same pattern again and again so maybe you can register then.

Or maybe you will be sleepless this night.

• I got one domain and transfer'd 2 today, with few refresh thought.

• yeah i will stay tuned for trying again, thanks guys

• @johnny99 I had the same problem, but luckily caught it before hitting paypal. I talked to live chat but they were incapable of doing anything for me since I didn't go through the full order checkout. You might have better luck though if it's in the order system.

As it is, it's a crapshoot and a huge time waster.

• I've this issues too, maybe it's when I applying the coupon it's still available, but after checkout it's not available, I've charged, but then they refunded me. So no problem for me :)

• This happened to me too during the 1pm (ET) hour. I opened a ticket and they processed the order! Can't say anything but good things about them.

• I think there are too many people waiting for this, so FIFO is fair IMHO. I was able to transfer 4 domains to NC with very cheap cost :-). The secret is: add everything to cart first, and just wait for the coupon released :-)

• You weren't fast enough when ordering. I was able to snag one domain for .98 cents from them, but they sold out within 10 minutes of the deal going up.