Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Question About Oracle Cloud Always Free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question About Oracle Cloud Always Free

Hey Guys,
I just signed up for an oracle cloud account. It says I get 2 Compute VMs on the always free tier. I have got a maxed-out free ARM VM (4 cores 24GB) up and running. Can I just create and run the new AMD instance? or Do I need to scale down the ARM VM in order to be eligible on free tier?

Comments

• You can check their documentation here: https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/FreeTier/freetier_topic-Always_Free_Resources.htm

What it states is:

Micro instances (AMD processor): All tenancies get two Always Free VM instances using the VM.Standard.E2.1.Micro shape, which has an AMD processor.

Ampere A1 Compute instances (Arm processor): All tenancies get the first 3,000 OCPU hours and 18,000 GB hours per month for free for VM instances using the VM.Standard.A1.Flex shape, which has an Arm processor. For Always Free tenancies, this is equivalent to 4 OCPUs and 24 GB of memory.

So you can create, at the same time, two AMD instances and one ARM instance for free.