Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› IncogNET - KVM VPS in the Netherlands 🇳🇱 - Double RAM or 30% off w/ crypto - NVMe - Big BW - IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IncogNET - KVM VPS in the Netherlands 🇳🇱 - Double RAM or 30% off w/ crypto - NVMe - Big BW - IPv6

MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
edited October 2021 in Offers

IncogNET here, with a new offer for the month of October!

NOW ALL VPS PLANS COME WITH ENABLED SNAPSHOTS ( See: https://portal.incognet.io/knowledgebase/22/VPS-Snapshots.html )

NOW ACCEPTING STRIPE & SEPA PAYMENTS VIA STRIPE

Deal #1: Save 30% on ALL KVM VPS plans in Finland or Netherlands when you pay using crypto.

We accept BTC, BCH, DASH, DOGE, ETC, ETH, LTC, OXEN, THETA/TFUEL, XMR and the offer is good for life, recurring for as long as you renew the service.

Just make sure you use the coupon code OCTCRYPTO when you order through the "Pay with crypto" gateway.

Deal #2: DOUBLE RAM on select plans. Choose our 128, 256, 384, 512MB or 1024 plans at their regular price and we’ll double your RAM for you, free of charge. Just drop us a sales ticket and we'll get you doubled on up.

Our KVM VPS Plans

We have plans ranging from 128MB of RAM up to 20GB. Per the rules we can only list the plans that are $7/mo, $21/qtr, or $84/yr or less so that is all that is shown below. View all of our plans here: https://incognet.io/kvm-vps

KVM-128 KVM-256 KVM-384
vCPU: 1/2 core @ 3.8Ghz vCPU: 1/2 core @ 3.8Ghz vCPU: 1/2 core @ 3.8Ghz
RAM: 128MB RAM: 256MB RAM: 384MB
Disk: 8GB NVMe Disk: 10GB NVMe Disk: 12GB NVMe
IPv4: 1 IP IPv4: 1 IP IPv4: 1 IP
IPv6: /64 block included IPv6: /64 block included IPv6: /64 block included
BW: 1TB/mo @ 1Gbps BW: 1TB/mo @ 1Gbps BW: 1TB/mo @ 1Gbps
50Gbps DDoS Protection 50Gbps DDoS Protection 50Gbps DDoS Protection
Normal Price: $20.00/YR Normal Price: $25.00/YR Normal Price: $30.00/YR
30% Discount: $14.00/YR 30% Discount: $17.50/YR 30% Discount: $21.00/YR
[ORDER WITH CRYPTO] [ORDER WITH CRYPTO] [ORDER WITH CRYPTO]
[ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD] [ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD] [ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD]
KVM-512 KVM-1024
vCPU: 1 cores @ 3.8Ghz vCPU: 1 cores @ 3.8Ghz
RAM: 512MB (0.5GB) RAM: 1024MB (1GB)
Disk: 20GB NVMe Disk: 25GB NVMe
IPv4: 1 IP IPv4: 1 IP
IPv6: /64 block included IPv6: /64 block included
10TB/mo @ 1Gbps 10TB/mo @ 1Gbps
50Gbps DDoS Protection 50Gbps DDoS Protection
Normal Price: $5.00/mo Normal Price: $9.00/mo
Normal Price: $50.00/yr Normal Price: $--.-/YR
30% Discount: $3.50/mo 30% Discount: $6.30/mo
30% Discount: $35.00/YR 30% Discount: $63.00/YR
[ORDER WITH CRYPTO] [ORDER WITH CRYPTO]
[ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD] [ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD]

Need more resources? Check out the rest of the plans on our site here: https://incognet.io/kvm-vps

Note: Finland is only available as an option on VPS plans with 4GB of RAM or more for the time being.

Looking Glass, Network Info, and FAQ

Netherlands Finland
Worldstream – Naaldwijk, Netherlands Hetzner - Helseinki, Finland
Test IPv4: 23.184.48.5 Test IPv4: 95.216.109.10
Test IPv6: 2602:fd92:509:93da:1:2:3:4 Test IPv6: Unavailable, sorry.
Speed Test: https://lg-nl.incognet.io/100MB.test Speed Test: https://lg-fin.incognet.io/100MB.test
Looking glass: https://lg-nl.incognet.io/ Looking glass: https://lg-fin.incognet.io/

Frequently Asked Questions: ( More )

Current Available OS Templates: ( KB )

AlmaLinux CentOS CloudLinux
almalinux-8.3-x86_64 AlmaLinux-8.3-x86_64-minimal (iso) almalinux-8.4-x86_64 AlmaLinux-8.4-x86_64-minimal (iso) centos-6.9-x86_64 centos-7.6-x86_64 centos-7.9-x86_64 centos-8-x86_64 centos-8.2-x86_64 CloudLinux-8.4.2-x86_64-dvd (iso) This is a commercial product from https://www.cloudlinux.com/ and will require a license key.
Debian Fedora openSUSE
debian-8.7-x86_64 debian-9.13.0-amd64-netinst (iso) debian-9.4-x86_64 debian-10-x86_64 debian-11-x86_64 debian-11.0.0-amd64-netinst (iso) fedora-30-x86_64 fedora-31-x86_64 fedora-32-x86_64 fedora-33-x86_64 Fedora-Server-netinst-x86_64-34-1.2 (iso) suse-13.1-x86_64 suse-15.1-x86_64
Rocky Linux Ubuntu Other - BSD - Random
rocky-8.4-x86_64 ubuntu-14.04-x86_64 ubuntu-15.04-x86 ubuntu-16.04-x86_64 ubuntu-17-10-x86 ubuntu-18.10-x86_64 ubuntu-19.04-x86_64 ubuntu-20.04-x86_64 ubuntu-20.10-live-server-amd64 (iso) ubuntu-21.04-desktop-amd64 (iso) alpine-virt-3.14.2-x86_64 (iso) alpine-standard-3.14.2-x86_64 (iso) alpine-extended-3.14.2-x86_64 (iso) FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-amd64 (iso) hardenedbsd-13-stable-amd64 (iso) NetBSD-9.2-amd64 (iso

About IncogNET LLC

• Business Legal Name: IncogNET LLC (docs)
  • Registration Date: 04/21/2021 (I got the 'all clear' to post annual deals first)
  • Business Address: 30 N. Gould Street, STE 4000, Sheridan, WY 82801
  • Business Phone: 1-307-201-2591 (Telegram only, Signal soon)
  • Business Email: company[AT]incognet[dot]io (Public PGP key)

What should I choose you over anyone else?

This is where I usually ramble on, but to put it plainly: We respect your privacy and wish to normalize privacy for the masses. We sponsor a handful of privacy related projects ( Some can be viewed here: https://incognet.io/privacyprojects ).

We don't require Personal Identifiable Information because we don't need it. We're not going to write you a handwritten letter on your birthday or give you a phone call on Christmas. We don't want that information. Companies as big as Google, Facebook, T-mobile and more have all suffered breaches where your information is made public. Hosting providers, big and small, have suffered similar situations. Do you even know how many people have access to your private information? How many hosting providers do you do business with? How many employees or staff, outsourced or in-house can review your data?

With us, you can register with an alias and any email address of your choosing. Our unofficial motto is, "We can't share what we do not know" and that's something we think is important in this day and age. We have a strong commitment for supporting and promoting privacy and believe freedom of expression is a right that should be available to everyone.

Company Roadmap / Future Plans

• We're currently testing a Dallas, TX based provider and hope to offer KVM Virtual Servers out of Texas as well as our Shared Hosting service by the end of the year.

• Due to major IPv4 price increase via Hetzner, we're looking for a new upstream in Finland. Existing stock in Finland is limited only to larger plans as a result. We'll be seeking a DC where we can colocate owned gear directly. No ETA on this.

• We'll be adding Yggdrasil Network mirroring as part of the opt-in offering to have shared hosting websites mirrored through Tor and I2P. I've done some limited testing and it works, but want to test it more.

• Updates to our anycast DNS over Tor setup that the VPN network uses. This is to increase the capacity and capability of the setup. VPN service is currently out of stock until the update is complete.

• Domain names with built-in DNS management through WHMCS. Private registration with DNS management under one roof. ETA, end of year or early next year.

Website Mirrors

[ Tor | I2P (Helper) | Yggdrasil ]

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Oh yeah, people don't use dark themes. I'll remove the logo. :P

• Is this 2017?RAM is the poor man.

• Most people can only afford the cheapest, but 128M of memory cannot be used smoothly.

@hxuf said:
    Is this 2017?RAM is the poor man.

You have options elsewhere. LET/LEB isn't our exact target market.

We sell privacy first, and our price to resource ratio helps curb a lot of abuse and riff raff to be honest. We don't have the desire to compete on price. Most sales are generated from our main site at non discounted pricing but from other non-lowend specific markets.

Cheers.

@NMSLNMSL said:
    Most people can only afford the cheapest, but 128M of memory cannot be used smoothly.

Our main site uses less than that. You can run DNS, wireguard, static and optimized dynamic sites, and so much more with low resources.

• @MannDude said:

@NMSLNMSL said:
    Most people can only afford the cheapest, but 128M of memory cannot be used smoothly.

Our main site uses less than that. You can run DNS, wireguard, static and optimized dynamic sites, and so much more with low resources.

If you can get a 512M for 20 euros, and you can pay in Bitcoin, I think most people are still willing to buy it.

• @MannDude said:

@hxuf said:
    Is this 2017?RAM is the poor man.

You have options elsewhere. LET/LEB isn't our exact target market.

We sell privacy first, and our price to resource ratio helps curb a lot of abuse and riff raff to be honest. We don't have the desire to compete on price. Most sales are generated from our main site at non discounted pricing but from other non-lowend specific markets.

Cheers.

I think you should highlight your Big Port, High Bandwidth and ignore DMCA at the same time.

Thanked by 1MannDude

@NMSLNMSL said:

@MannDude said:

@NMSLNMSL said:

If you can get a 512M for 20 euros, and you can pay in Bitcoin, I think most people are still willing to buy it.

We'll see what BF brings.

• You say your for privacy.. but when big brother or outside pressures start knocking on your door I'm sure will shall see your true stance.

@jugganuts said:
    You say your for privacy.. but when big brother or outside pressures start knocking on your door I'm sure will shall see your true stance.

Can't share what we don't know. Can't know what we don't collect or require.

• I probably misunderstood the big bw, but it's still a good package, but I don't have the crypto coins to use it.

• It would be good if have package IPv6 only with exchange some ram :D

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Why do you treat cryptocurrency customers considerably (-30%) better than ones that pay "old style"?
    I was tempted by your offers but I'm not willing to pay a "punishment" fee for not using cc.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited October 2021

@jsg said:
    Why do you treat cryptocurrency customers considerably (-30%) better than ones that pay "old style"?
    I was tempted by your offers but I'm not willing to pay a "punishment" fee for not using cc.

Privacy = rights pursued by criminals
    Tor = network used by criminals
    Cryptocurrency = money dealt by criminals
    Favorable treatment of cryptocurrency users = ?

I do have some store credit with this provider.
    I would bring up a Tor exit someday to earn a shirt.
    But I will block criminal websites (.xxx) on my exit.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yoursunny said:
    But I will block criminal websites (.xxx.onion) on my exit.

FTFY

• @yoursunny said:

@jsg said:

Note for tomorrow. Message the Tor email forum to presume any exits by yoursunny are badexits.

edited October 2021

@ailice said:
    It would be good if have package IPv6 only with exchange some ram :D

We could do that, message me with what you're looking for. Though to be honest the IP cost isn't much of a contributing factor in price.

@jsg said:

Perhaps I am not understanding correctly, but I'm not quite sure how offering something for 30% off is a 'punishment fee'.

Our biggest operational costs we pay for in crypto each month and the idea is, well, I guess the 'hope' is, that crypto will be worth more at some point down the road than it is at the time of an end-user making payment. So in that sense we encourage its use. We still get and welcome fiat payment as well, of course. If you prefer to pay via Stripe or PayPal, I'll honor the 30% deal for you.

@yoursunny said:

@jsg said:

And rock-n-roll is music by the devil, right? ;)

Our goal is to simply normalize privacy. It's okay to not want your personal details out there. It's okay to see the news about major companies having data leaks, and worry about where you share your information. It's okay to not feel comfortable when a web hosting provider you've never heard of is requesting your ID. It's okay to seek privacy and shouldn't be seen as controversial. With the push for less online privacy, more moderation, censorship and surveillance all over the world, we decided to say, "Screw that" and wanted to offer something different. There is nothing wrong or criminal about seeking privacy or some level of digital solitude.

We sponsor some pro-privacy projects including https://incogtube.com , our (much more than) Invidious site as used by Edward Snowden himself and our custom Teddit setup: https://incogsnoo.com , as well as contribute network resources to Yggdrasil and I2P. The website projects we sponsor are made available across the clearnet, Tor, I2P and Yggdrasil networks for added privacy of users and to make sure that they can be accessed where potentially blocked elsewhere.

Feel free to run a Tor Exit, just make sure you enforce a strict exit policy to reduce abuse. Mainly just leave open common ports for browsing the web. Mail ports, SSH, RDP, etc should be blocked. An example of an acceptable exit policy is here: https://incognet.io/tor-exits , though that's just an example that allows for normal web browsing, IRC, Mumble and some crypto stuff. Since Tor already has an abundance of Network Capacity, we suggest people consider checking out I2P instead. https://incognet.io/i2p-routers (I just noticed the error on that page that references Tor, and will get it fixed/updated shortly).

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • @MannDude said:
    Due to major IPv4 price increase via Hetzner, we're looking for a new upstream in Finland.

a few moments later

@MannDude said:

@ailice said:

We could do that, message me with what you're looking for. Though to be honest the IP cost isn't much of a contributing factor in price.

I’m wondering what is the main cost driving factor for you, which makes regular price for your VPS 128MB RAM package at level of $20/yr

maybe it has some kind of concierge service even for command line... :D

just joking. no hard feelings plz

@MannDude said:

@jsg said:

Perhaps I am not understanding correctly, but I'm not quite sure how offering something for 30% off is a 'punishment fee'.

Let me put it like this: "brunettes pay full but blondes pay 30% less" can be understood as punishing brunettes.

We still get and welcome fiat payment as well, of course. If you prefer to pay via Stripe or PayPal, I'll honor the 30% deal for you.

Sounds great, thank you! Please PM me a code to get 30% off when ordering. Stripe, paypal, me not care or know much about all those systems; I'll either use paypal or credit card, whichever is better/cheaper for you.

@Andrews said:

@MannDude said:
    Due to major IPv4 price increase via Hetzner, we're looking for a new upstream in Finland.

a few moments later

@MannDude said:

@ailice said:

I’m wondering what is the main cost driving factor for you, which makes regular price for your VPS 128MB RAM package at level of $20/yr

maybe it has some kind of concierge service even for command line... :D

just joking. no hard feelings plz

We own our IP addresses in Netherlands, not in Finland. The pricing of the plans haven't changed, the only thing that has changed is we're not accepting sales on our smallest packages in Finland since we have very limited IPs allocated to us there. Since they mentioned v6 and this thread title is more geared towards Netherlands, I just assumed they wanted the Netherlands location. In that case, the cost of IPv4 isn't much for us since we own our IPs.

Honestly? Higher prices help keep out some of the riff-raff and it's easier to manage a smaller number of higher paying customers than a ton of lower paying ones. Many people do not find $20 a year to host a website, VPN, DNS, etc to be 'expensive' and the type of people who order those plans generally already know that what they want to do will work within those limits. Plus, higher advertised website pricing allows for more attractive offers when we feel like running a promotion.

Thanked by 1Andrews

@jsg said:

@MannDude said:

@jsg said:

Let me put it like this: "brunettes pay full but blondes pay 30% less" can be understood as punishing brunettes.

We still get and welcome fiat payment as well, of course. If you prefer to pay via Stripe or PayPal, I'll honor the 30% deal for you.

Sounds great, thank you! Please PM me a code to get 30% off when ordering. Stripe, paypal, me not care or know much about all those systems; I'll either use paypal or credit card, whichever is better/cheaper for you.

We just recently started to accept Stripe, as we anticipate a day where we may need to ditch PayPal. So far it's been pretty good to us, though it's your preference as to what you wish to use. It all gets sent to the same place in the end anyway (bank).

We're also looking at additional payment gateways, so at some point may accept Skrill, 2CO or gateways that are more localized/regional such as AliPay. But for now crypto, PayPal, and Stripe seem to be more than enough.

PM in-bound ;)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@brueggus said:

@yoursunny said:
    But I will block criminal websites (.xxx.onion) on my exit.

FTFY

It's not possible to block .onion.
    They are encrypted and do not go through DNS.

@MatthewM said:
    Note for tomorrow. Message the Tor email forum to presume any exits by yoursunny are badexits.

I could register a Tor account in your name, and admins won't know it's me.

@MannDude said:

And rock-n-roll is music by the devil, right? ;)

Yes.

It's okay to not feel comfortable when a web hosting provider you've never heard of is requesting your ID.

Let's say that to @VirMach and AliExpress, two companies that asked for my ID card over a <$5 transaction.

We sponsor some pro-privacy projects including https://incogtube.com , our (much more than) Invidious site as used by Edward Snowden himself

Ad-free YouTube proxy, nice.
    I found push-ups: https://incogtube.com/watch?v=MIwheRjazAY

If Edward Snowden is the most frequent user, FBI can put a wiretap in front of your data center and find his IP.

@MannDude
    Thanks!

@MannDude said:
    ... it's your preference as to what you wish to use. It all gets sent to the same place in the end anyway (bank).

Yes, but the costs for you seem to be different, so I wanted you to choose which one is better/cheaper for you, paypal or credit card.

Again, thank you ;)

edited October 2021

@yoursunny said: Ad-free YouTube proxy, nice.
    I found push-ups: https://incogtube.com/watch?v=MIwheRjazAY

>

If Edward Snowden is the most frequent user, FBI can put a wiretap in front of your data center and find his IP.

I'm sure he's already known. But I'm also sure he probably uses Tor or I2P where able. A guy like him likely browses the web with JS disabled and uses alt-net mirrors where able. Still pretty neat that he used our site though, it's not even an official invidious site and they won't list it since we've modified it and won't enable stats so it makes me wonder how he stumbled upon it.

Maybe he's a LET user? /s

@jsg said: Yes, but the costs for you seem to be different, so I wanted you to choose which one is better/cheaper for you, paypal or credit card.

Again, thank you

No worries. If I had to choose for you, I'd say just go with Stripe. It's sort of our contingency in case PayPal ever decides to ditch us since there have been cases of them terminating business with digital good providers that offer VPNs, etc. We have had zero charge backs and it's a business account originating almost a decade now, but, you never know with them. I guess theoretically Stripe could do the same. Another good case point for crypto ;)

As far as fees go, they're about the same if I recall correctly.

And no worries. Feel free to post your benchmark in here when you run it, since you're the benchmark king ha!

edited October 2021

@MannDude

Just to be sure, did I get that right, I either get a discount or I get Ram doubled?
    (Not complaining, just asking)

@MannDude said:
    And no worries. Feel free to post your benchmark in here

As it has been suggested by the provider ...

Short version: very sad story so far.

All in all I'm under the impression that things have been sloppily yanked together. Now to avoid misunderstandings, I do understand that a relatively new operation is very unlikely to be as polished as a well established provider, and I do cut them some slack, but still ... to name just a few examples:

• the normal panel showed my VPS 'active' while the Virtualizor panel showed it 'off' (the latter was correct)
    • The panel stubbornly asserts "all times GMT" while actually what seems to be East-Coast time is shown (nearly?) everywhere.

... to the worse ...

• No HTML console. You'll have to either use the java console (through the browser) or a local vncviewer. This risks to confuse or even frighten away less experienced customers
    • accessing via some vncviewer failed at first. One must set a VNC password first through the panel and then wait a couple of minutes and possibly even reboot.
    • the panel is sloooooow, really slow; a reboot may well take a full minute.

... to the really grave ...

• I purchased and paid for a 256 MB VPS (with a nice rebate. Thanks again for that, @MannDude!) but I got a 128 MB system (maybe the 256 MB link actually leading to 128 MB. Just wildly guessing).
    • Incognet clearly offers and advertises plenty of linux distros plus some BSDs - yet when installing via the (normal) panel one can choose only Debian. To actually install another OS one needs to go to 'settings', 'settings' again and only then one can really choose another ISO.
    • BSD doesn't work. Can't be installed at all(highly likely due to vBIOS settings).

But gladly there are good news too.

• One can choose from many ISOs, once one found the way to them.
    • Even better, one can add one's own ISOs! That's very nice and really great. Kudos!
    • Support, at least monday to friday, working hours (american time!) is relatively quick; I'd say you'll probably have a response within 3 hours.
    • You can register/buy with an arbitrary (false) name. That doesn't sound like much but it actually is because it's a good basis to tell authorities that they simply do not have any data about the customer.
      They also offer paying via crypto-money but frankly, I consider this more as psychological, as "feel safe" because at the normal level saying "Sorry but we simply do not have info about the customer" is good enough. However when a determined and resourceful player enters the field (must not be the NSA. A determined netherland anti-whatever "FBI" unit and some willing judge is sufficient) they'll e.g. simply trace the network connection.

Anyway, Incognet clearly made a good and valuable step there.

The processor and memory performance is OK. They say you'll get half a vCore and that's really what you get. And the network (I'm in the NL location) is very nice indeed.

Once I actually have a 256 MB system I'll properly benchmark it. Till then I have to guess based on what I've seen and tested so far and my guess is "you get what you paid for, you really do" - as far as the hardware is concerned.

@jsg said:
    @MannDude

Just to be sure, did I get that right, I either get a discount or I get Ram doubled?

Technically, one or the other. But based on issues getting you setup properly, I went ahead and doubled it for ya'.

@jsg said:

@MannDude said:
    And no worries. Feel free to post your benchmark in here

As it has been suggested by the provider ...

Short version: very sad story so far.

All in all I'm under the impression that things have been sloppily yanked together. Now to avoid misunderstandings, I do understand that a relatively new operation is very unlikely to be as polished as a well established provider, and I do cut them some slack, but still ... to name just a few examples:

• the normal panel showed my VPS 'active' while the Virtualizor panel showed it 'off' (the latter was correct)
    • The panel stubbornly asserts "all times GMT" while actually what seems to be East-Coast time is shown (nearly?) everywhere.

... to the worse ...

• No HTML console. You'll have to either use the java console (through the browser) or a local vncviewer. This risks to confuse or even frighten away less experienced customers
    • accessing via some vncviewer failed at first. One must set a VNC password first through the panel and then wait a couple of minutes and possibly even reboot.
    • the panel is sloooooow, really slow; a reboot may well take a full minute.

... to the really grave ...

• I purchased and paid for a 256 MB VPS (with a nice rebate. Thanks again for that, @MannDude!) but I got a 128 MB system (maybe the 256 MB link actually leading to 128 MB. Just wildly guessing).
    • Incognet clearly offers and advertises plenty of linux distros plus some BSDs - yet when installing via the (normal) panel one can choose only Debian. To actually install another OS one needs to go to 'settings', 'settings' again and only then one can really choose another ISO.
    • BSD doesn't work. Can't be installed at all(highly likely due to vBIOS settings).

But gladly there are good news too.

• One can choose from many ISOs, once one found the way to them.
    • Even better, one can add one's own ISOs! That's very nice and really great. Kudos!
    • Support, at least monday to friday, working hours (american time!) is relatively quick; I'd say you'll probably have a response within 3 hours.
    • You can register/buy with an arbitrary (false) name. That doesn't sound like much but it actually is because it's a good basis to tell authorities that they simply do not have any data about the customer.
      They also offer paying via crypto-money but frankly, I consider this more as psychological, as "feel safe" because at the normal level saying "Sorry but we simply do not have info about the customer" is good enough. However when a determined and resourceful player enters the field (must not be the NSA. A determined netherland anti-whatever "FBI" unit and some willing judge is sufficient) they'll e.g. simply trace the network connection.

Anyway, Incognet clearly made a good and valuable step there.

The processor and memory performance is OK. They say you'll get half a vCore and that's really what you get. And the network (I'm in the NL location) is very nice indeed.

Once I actually have a 256 MB system I'll properly benchmark it. Till then I have to guess based on what I've seen and tested so far and my guess is "you get what you paid for, you really do" - as far as the hardware is concerned.

The console used is what is provided by Virtualizor. It's recommend to just use your preferred desktop client as the Virtualizor VNC has notoriously been 'not great'. In fact, and it may be just my desktop setup, I've not had a good experience with any web based VNC regardless of provider or control panel. I'll probably just disable the web based one in Virtualizor.

Up until your comment about the misconfigured plan (Which is definitely my own fault!) your comments are more based on Virtualizor and how it works. I'll file a bug report with Virtualzor about the timezone thing, that isn't really anything we ourselves can correct unfortunately.

When ordering any of our small plans, the 128MB to 384MB, a disclaimer under the OS selection is shown that reads, "NOTE: Not all OS images work properly with our 128MB, 256MB and 384MB plans. Debian 9 works fine which is why it's the default option, however more options are available from your VPS control panel, including .ISO templates, but many may not work for our smallest plans." (This is a slightly updated text than what you may have seen, as I just added mention of the 384MB plan to it just now)

Debian 9 was tested to work on all the micro plans, which is why it's the default option. Some of the older distros and ISO based OSes work fine as well, but they're accessible via the control panel only. On all the larger plans 512MB+ a more complete list of OS choices are available from the dropdown box when ordering. I've added to my to-do list, "Check OS options and update WHMCS list to showcase in the dropdown selection what works with each micro plan out of the box" so hopefully I will get to that this week.

And regarding the ordering process, you are correct. We have a very simplified ordering process in which we don't require personal details. Some will argue that the email requirement is 'too much', but I'll argue all day that email is not personal identifiable information when you're free to register with any random throwaway email account, anonymous email service, etc. Even a jabber/xmpp ID will work fine there and there is no (at this time) email verification required.

I love and appreciate the feedback. As a new provider on the block this is how we strengthen our service. I'll pass on what I should to Virtualizor so they can hopefully push out fixes or updates in future releases that make the experience better for the end-user and will work on and correct what I am able to do on our end.

@MannDude said:

@jsg said:
    @MannDude

Technically, one or the other. But based on issues getting you setup properly, I went ahead and doubled it for ya'.

Yay, great. Thank you!
    Btw I checked my payment meanwhile and I did pay for a 256 MB one.

The console used is what is provided by Virtualizor. It's recommend to just use your preferred desktop client as the Virtualizor VNC has notoriously been 'not great'. In fact, and it may be just my desktop setup, I've not had a good experience with any web based VNC regardless of provider or control panel. I'll probably just disable the web based one in Virtualizor.

Uhm, quite different experience here. Where I found divergences Virtualizor was right. And I've used the build-in HTML5 console countless times; my "major" complaint is the totally nonsensical order of the keyboard list. That said, don't care too much about my opinion as I'm not a panel-guy; I merely use it when I've got a new VPS.

When ordering any of our small plans, the 128MB to 384MB, a disclaimer under the OS selection is shown that reads, "NOTE: Not all OS images work properly with our 128MB, 256MB and 384MB plans. Debian 9 works fine which is why it's the default option, however more options are available from your VPS control panel, including .ISO templates, but many may not work for our smallest plans." (This is a slightly updated text than what you may have seen, as I just added mention of the 384MB plan to it just now)

Whatever, yes, I did see some text to that effect but I know from experience that at least Alpine and FreeBSD do run fine with 256 MB. But granted those are both somewhat exotic choices I guess. Hint: Put Devuan as Debian systemd-free alternative on the list.

Debian 9 was tested to work on all the micro plans, which is why it's the default option. Some of the older distros and ISO based OSes work fine as well, but they're accessible via the control panel only. On all the larger plans 512MB+ a more complete list of OS choices are available from the dropdown box when ordering. I've added to my to-do list, "Check OS options and update WHMCS list to showcase in the dropdown selection what works with each micro plan out of the box" so hopefully I will get to that this week.

Maybe I got it wrong and you do that already but if not let me suggest the following: Put template installs ("click your chosen OS and you'll get an installed and (basic) configured system") in WHMCS and plain ISO installs in Virtualizor.
    Reasoning: based on what I see the majority of customers wants to play clickedy-click easy (template installs) - but some (like myself) utterly hate those and want to do a full old-school install, e.g. partitioning the drive(s) themselves, from an ISO.

Some will argue that the email requirement is 'too much', but ...

... they are dicks. In fact you clearly say (on that page) that an email address is not required, so there's nothing to complain about. One can have absolute anonymity when buying from you.

I'm a bit - positively - surprised by your reaction because it's weekend and I've learned that with most providers one doesn't get much feedback except maybe for emergencies (if that). So I was prepared to patiently wait for monday afternoon (your time). Kudos!

Thanked by 1MannDude

@jsg said:

@MannDude said:

@jsg said:
    @MannDude

Yay, great. Thank you!
    Btw I checked my payment meanwhile and I did pay for a 256 MB one.

You did, the issue was on our end with a misconfigured package that provisioned you with 128MB of RAM. Fixed it for you and others once alerted, sorry for the mishap!

Whatever, yes, I did see some text to that effect but I know from experience that at least Alpine and FreeBSD do run fine with 256 MB. But granted those are both somewhat exotic choices I guess. Hint: Put Devuan as Debian systemd-free alternative on the list.

Seems the issue was the node you were provisioned on has too new of a kernel installed, and the only way (apparently) to get BSD to work on it was to downgrade to 3.x, which I wasn't willing to do. (CentOS based host OS)

We got you moved to a different node with an older kernel and I do believe you're good to go now.

PS: I'll take a look at Devuan and see how it goes. If I add it, I'll update our OS list (which I need to update anyway now with a disclaimer that certain ISO based OS'es may require us to move customers to a different node)

I'm a bit - positively - surprised by your reaction because it's weekend and I've learned that with most providers one doesn't get much feedback except maybe for emergencies (if that). So I was prepared to patiently wait for monday afternoon (your time). Kudos!

No worries, always happy to help when able. Been a busy weekend with a big wedding, and catching up with old pals I've not seen in ages, but I always check in on work. I like to answer all tickets that I'm able to, but occasionally you'll get someone else even though we all appear the same in the helpdesk (Staff name being "IncogNET Staff" for everyone)

Thanked by 1jsg